• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
New Halloween event "Season of Skulls" is up with a bunch of new stuff plus welcome needed fixes.
Anthem 1.5.0 Patch notes

New Features
  • The Cataclysm is back with updates for the Season of Skulls. The higher your score, the more seasonal currency you'll be awarded to spend at the seasonal store.
  • New Season of Skulls Freeplay events. Successfully finish three of these events in one Freeplay session to spawn a boss encounter.
  • Learn more about Season of Skulls lore through a scavenger hunt and new data archives.
  • Mass Salvage is now available on all inventory management screens.
  • The chance to obtain a legendary item from a war chest has increased by 250%
  • A Legendary-Only War Chest has been added to the Seasonal Store
This is nice. How many of this thread still plays?

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
This is nice. How many of this thread still plays?
I still do but can't speak for others.

Also some of the new armors
Interceptor
MTX_Card_Interceptor_Scorpid.png

Storm
Storm_Wyvern.png

Ranger
lancer_wulven.png

Colossus
colossus_ursix.png

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Where's the Escari leader or Vermin Fiend? The daily challenge.

If it's the freeplay boss then I didn't even find a single new event.

Last edited:

freked

Oct 27, 2017
Wanting to get back into this game. Remember getting stuck at needing to gather corium or something to continue the campaign. Any tips on how to easily do that?

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Wanting to get back into this game. Remember getting stuck at needing to gather corium or something to continue the campaign. Any tips on how to easily do that?
You can get them from Titans which now populate the open world a lot more or you can do contracts and the side story lines where you will get missions that feature Titans as well.

Armor is still only purchasable via the store, right? Can't be earned in-game?
Not sure yet because the new armors haven't shown up in the store or seasonal store yet. Some of the data mining leads to the Mass Effect armor being achieved from completing challenges but nothing has popped up yet

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of sucks the seasonal armor is in the cash shop for coins I mean there is no way I can get them all at 61k each.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
So the Mass Effect armors and a Shepard shuffle animation are up in the cash shop, all at once for a week lol. Been trying to save my coins but I can get maybe one of them since I bought one of the Halloween ones how disappointing. Uninstalled it honestly it's really starting to feel like a big f*ck you to those playing at this point with the cash shop while their broken game continues on with less and less people I'm glad microtransactions are their priroty instead of having some of these armors earn able from content..

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the Mass Effect armors and a Shepard shuffle animation are up in the cash shop, all at once for a week lol. Been trying to save my coins but I can get maybe one of them since I bought one of the Halloween ones how disappointing. Uninstalled it honestly it's really starting to feel like a big f*ck you to those playing at this point with the cash shop while their broken game continues on with less and less people I'm glad microtransactions are their priroty instead of having some of these armors earn able from content..
Yup, I've said it a dozen times in this thread, but their approach to cosmetics (far more important to me, IMO, in a third person game) just keeps me from diving in. Even if you save up the 60k currency or whatever, you don't know if the store will actually have the armor you want that week.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Returned to the game because i wanted the Mass Effect armors. I have 85 hours in this game and cant even afford 1 armor with the pittance of coins I have.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually am reinstalling the game to use whatever coin/gem things I had stocked up to buy one of the ME armors, so I can contribute to whatever internal spreadsheet EA is keeping that keeps track of Mass Effect interest.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up for 10 digitally on Xbox store, combat still feels real good.

can I play most of the content exclusively with 1 other person easily?

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Not checked to see if auto fill matchmaking can be disabled tbh.
Reddit seems to think you can, so I guess it's very possible to duo the campaign.

also I'm having a great time with it so far... campaign seems totally fine, I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed andromeda at least! I really like how they appear to handle some of the systems for using different Javelins, slotting in different abilities and having said abilities/loadouts tied to the individual Javelins instead of 'your character' will really allow you to change it up if you want to. It feels totally natural to do that, as opposed to changing from your Titan suit to your Hunter suit, etc.

Also the Javelins are unlocks? Yes please... coming off of warframe, I've literally unlocked one other frame besides the starting ones in all my time played.

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
The last time I checked I had 23 legendary weapons for sale in my vending all with decent spec such as Bloodied, Anti armour, explosive shot.
Have a look if ever on when I'm in game.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Sorry to bump for this, but I recently bought them game and am really enjoying parts of it, but I'm getting almost constant crashes on the 1X. Mid-loading, in the hub, in the freeplay area without combat, on public and private, etc.

Searching online, most posts are 8+ months old regarding the issue. Has this touched at all with patches or anything? It's almost unplayable paired with the lengthy loadtimes...

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Sorry to bump for this, but I recently bought them game and am really enjoying parts of it, but I'm getting almost constant crashes on the 1X. Mid-loading, in the hub, in the freeplay area without combat, on public and private, etc.

Searching online, most posts are 8+ months old regarding the issue. Has this touched at all with patches or anything? It's almost unplayable paired with the lengthy loadtimes...
Crashing is a feature in Anthem. It is only occasional for me on PS4Pro. Not a very big nuisance at all while solo, however if when I tried to pair up and play through the campaign with my wife it was constant crashing. Every 5 min kind of thing.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

It is bad at times especially after new patches.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Crashing is a feature in Anthem. It is only occasional for me on PS4Pro. Not a very big nuisance at all while solo, however if when I tried to pair up and play through the campaign with my wife it was constant crashing. Every 5 min kind of thing.
This, Anthem is probably the only gaming purchase I have made in the last 30 years that I feel was fraudulent as they shipped an incomplete broken game (hard crashed my Ps4Pro many times at launch)

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Thanks. I'm at some section where I need to go through a bunch of forts in freeplay which crashes constantly. Is there any way to do this solo?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017

I finished the campaign on 1X and don't recall a single crash. Other bugs, however...

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Thanks. I'm at some section where I need to go through a bunch of forts in freeplay which crashes constantly. Is there any way to do this solo?
You should be able to. I think opening the forts just has you doing stuff like open 20 chests? That's the part nobody liked. I almost stopped there myself. Some of it is a bit grindy. There's one task to revive other Javelins - NPC''s count for it. Just have to find the correct world event.

Edit: Or do you mean be the only one in the Freeplay area? That's not possible. It'll always match make you with randoms.

Last edited:

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I picked this back up after reading about the Icetide event. Surprisingly, I'm having fun with it. I appreciate a clear path to guaranteed legendaries with the Crystal's and guardian tokens.

The game still has a content problem but at least I'm getting some of the drops I want.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
You should be able to. I think opening the forts just has you doing stuff like open 20 chests? That's the part nobody liked. I almost stopped there myself. Some of it is a bit grindy. There's one task to revive other Javelins - NPC''s count for it. Just have to find the correct world event.

Edit: Or do you mean be the only one in the Freeplay area? That's not possible. It'll always match make you with randoms.

Yes - it's opening the forts. But there is one requirement that says I need to complete like 5 open world events. Every-time I get into one in the freeplay area (with other people) it will usually crash before I can complete one. Is there a way to do these open world events privately?

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I tried giving this game a chance long after my friend gave up. But once i got to the tomb missions tonight and saw how much i was going to have to collect and grind...that became a fuck you bioware and i deleted it.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
That's because the game is legitimately atrocious. And this is coming from someone that preordered the speciale edition, started playing at launhc, got the platinum, AND stuck around for most of the early QoL improvements and gear score revamps. It's amazing how much WORSE the game was to play at launch. But all the QoL improvements in the world can't fix fundamentally broken foundations (and promises). I finally bowed out just before the first Cataclysm event, once I read about how stupid it all would be. I still remember that first reveal trailer with the team ready to hop into what looked to be a Cataclysm. What we wound up getting sounded so fucking lame on paper, I never even bothered to play through one, let alone the various seasonal variants of that mode that have come and gone. What I thought was going to be some sort of true end-game raid activity ala Destiny turned into an anemic limited timed-event.

Easily Bioware's worst game in generations, IMO. This coming from some who routinely platinums their titles. I could write huge walls of text about how fucked this game is (more than I already have). But at this point, it's just not worth it.

It's like someone here on Era said within a few weeks of launch. Paraphrasing, but basically Bioware created a GaaS in an environment where they literally had all the answers for 6+ years and still fucking managed to fail the exam. All they had to do was look at the early mistakes made by the likes of Diablo III, The Division 1, Destiny 1, Destiny 2, and take some lessons from those mistakes. All of those were ultimately recoverable. There have been murmurs of an Anthem reboot coming down the pipe eventually. But it's clear that this incarnation of Anthem is beyond saving. It needs A Realm Reborn kind of do-over, IMO. It's clearly not getting the substantial turn-arounds Diablo III, Div, Destiny 1, and Destiny 2 all wound up getting. Sounds like the fixes and updated have slowed to a crawl (Christmas decorations are still up, I hear?), and they already entirely gave up on the seasonal act structure and original content roadmap which was supposed to introduce legitimate new story content to the game at routine intervals. A complete and utter shit-show, from beginning to premature end.

The Future of Anthem (Official statement about the state of the game)
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Sorry to raise this thread from the grave, but my roomies and I spent the last 2 months of quarantine blasting through ESO, and we're looking for something else to sink some time into. Is Anthem worth it for $7.50 on eBay? Has it gotten any better since launch to the point where there's some fun to be gleaned from it? Thanks so much!

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry to raise this thread from the grave, but my roomies and I spent the last 2 months of quarantine blasting through ESO, and we're looking for something else to sink some time into. Is Anthem worth it for $7.50 on eBay? Has it gotten any better since launch to the point where there's some fun to be gleaned from it? Thanks so much!
As a game to play together? No, not really. It's maybe worth the price of entry for the now fairly solid campaign, but there's not really much to play for if you're looking to sink time together.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
As a game to play together? No, not really. It's maybe worth the price of entry for the now fairly solid campaign, but there's not really much to play for if you're looking to sink time together.

Is the campaign playable in co-op? How long is it? If we can get at least 6 hours of enjoyment out of the campaign together, then it's worth it for me at $7.50.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Is the campaign playable in co-op? How long is it? If we can get at least 6 hours of enjoyment out of the campaign together, then it's worth it for me at $7.50.
Yes it's coop. I haven't played the campaign since launch, but if they didn't remove the annoying padding quest then yes you might get six hours.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Ah well go for that it's quite decent, thought you wanted weeks and weeks of entertainment from it :) The padding mentioned above is eased quite well, hope you enjoy, I did!

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Seeing this notification pop up gave me this weird twing and reminded me I wasted $80 for 3 hours of getting network issues and booted back to the tower......

I do need to at least finish the campaign at some point

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing this notification pop up gave me this weird twing and reminded me I wasted $80 for 3 hours of getting network issues and booted back to the tower......

I do need to at least finish the campaign at some point
I spent $115 Canadian as I was given a gift card from my family.

In decades of gaming and "wasting" tons of money on games I did not like, it is the first time I felt like the sale of a game was fraudulent due to the lies leading up to the launch and just how broken the final product was

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
For $7.50, I think it is absolutely worth it (though I enjoyed the game more than a lot of people). Campaign is fun enough to play co-op and the moment-to-moment flying/fighting is good enough that you will get your money's worth at least

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017