• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Anthem just released their Halloween event today with patch 1.5.0 and along with it came some nice welcomed changes, optimizations and some unique armors and gear.

From the patch notes these are the updates (Bug fixes can be found at this link https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/anthem/news/update-150 )
New Features
  • The Cataclysm is back with updates for the Season of Skulls. The higher your score, the more seasonal currency you'll be awarded to spend at the seasonal store.
  • New Season of Skulls Freeplay events. Successfully finish three of these events in one Freeplay session to spawn a boss encounter.
  • Learn more about Season of Skulls lore through a scavenger hunt and new data archives.
  • Mass Salvage is now available on all inventory management screens.
  • The chance to obtain a legendary item from a war chest has increased by 250%
  • A Legendary-Only War Chest has been added to the Seasonal Store
uCBc4fb.jpg

Seasonal: Echoes of Reality
Head back into the Cataclysm again but this time the looks have changed, some of the boss monsters have changed and the events in different orders with some weird black ghosts floating around. Crystals are rewarded like the previous Cataclysm event by racing the clock and scoring as many points as possible. Like the original Cataclysm there is a special crystal currency that is in place to allow you to purchase this events seasonal items. They've now added a guaranteed legendary option for one of the rewards which is nice but requires 5,000 crystals. The regular war chests are back as well featuring Javelin specific ones and just random free for all ones.

fZ4UZo9.png

New freeplay events:
They've added 3 new freeplay events (That I have found so far) that pop up around the map. Completing all 3 within a specified time limit will unlock a portal to challenge an optional boss. There are 3 specific events. Failing any of them will result in not being able to reach the special boss.

1. Protect the bonfire and keep it lit.
XkNqzHF.jpg

2. Collecting fragments and pressure plate puzzle - Collect fragments in the area and then you'll need to match the pressure plates by the random corresponding symbols.
GFlfpav.jpg

3.Carry the torch lighting bonfires in a new underground cave.
byHe9Ks.png

Rewards and armor sets:
They've added 2 new armor sets one is themed off of the enemies in the world and the second set is a Mass Effect theme.Along with these comes a huge amount of vinyls and wraps as well but I won't list them all here.

Mass Effect Set: Asari, Krogan, Quarian and Turian.
Storm_asari.png
colossus_krogan.png

Interceptor_Quarian.png
Ranger_turian.png

Creature set:
lancer_wulven.png
MTX_Card_Interceptor_Scorpid.png

Storm_Wyvern.png
colossus_ursix.png

The event seems pretty neat so far and it's nice to have it while they work on fixing the issues with the game. Another themed event is expected to happen after this event and then hopefully by then we will see the next step for the game. Thanks to the Anthem Archives for the armor pictures as well.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having Mass Effect armour in this game is practically an insult, a reminder of the game they skinned to parade around like some unholy carcass puppet.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Looks like i might finally have to dive in....

....and replay the Mass Effect games for the umpteenth time.

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
I had a fun time until endgame. There is just not enough to do.
They had the Cataclysm which honestly was a lot of fun and had some pretty great rewards (some are carrying over to this new event by the looks of it). I'm honestly ok with these smaller events until they can get the game sorted out. They're fun little events that last a few weeks and for those that still play the game it's a reason to push forward and have some fun until they release the next thing for Anthem. Curious to see if there are any new weapons with this event because I know a lot of the weapons got adjustments and some of the names in the list haven't been in the game yet so I'm curious to see what those are.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Can't lie, those armors look dope.

I wish Anthem was in a better state. I would love to jump in, but I'm afraid I'll fall in love with it only for them to pull the plug.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
They had the Cataclysm which honestly was a lot of fun and had some pretty great rewards (some are carrying over to this new event by the looks of it). I'm honestly ok with these smaller events until they can get the game sorted out. They're fun little events that last a few weeks and for those that still play the game it's a reason to push forward and have some fun until they release the next thing for Anthem. Curious to see if there are any new weapons with this event because I know a lot of the weapons got adjustments and some of the names in the list haven't been in the game yet so I'm curious to see what those are.
The Cataclysm is fun for a bit but it's not a piece of content that is going to keep players coming. They just don't have enough activities to keep you interested. I've run Heart of Rage and Tyrant Mine so many times it's not funny. Single player games have gotten more expansive content in the same amount of time Anthem has been out and it's supposed to be a GaaS. Complete failure on the part of Bioware.

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
The Cataclysm is fun for a bit but it's not a piece of content that is going to keep players coming. They just don't have enough activities to keep you interested. I've run Heart of Rage and Tyrant Mine so many times it's not funny. Single player games have gotten more expansive content in the same amount of time Anthem has been out and it's supposed to be a GaaS. Complete failure on the part of Bioware.
Fair enough, I can understand why some people feel burnt on it. I think they will turn it around eventually but in what form who knows and I doubt we will hear anything till the new year but we will see.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No need for a Halloween event, it was already a ghost town

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Those armour designs look great. I'd definitely want that Krogan one if I played Anthem. Though that ship has very much sailed now sadly.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The armors look cool. I love the Quarian one in particular.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Oh really cool costumes! Too bad I never got into it and it feels like it's dead.
Whatsdeadmayneverdie.gif

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, those armors look awesome. I hope they can turn Anthem around, as difficult as it is to imagine these days. There was something to it, I loved the world and design and flying.

Jan 4, 2018
Those armor sets are actually cool as he'll, wow. Hoping Anthem sees a turnaround, the way some people talk about BioWare is kind of embarrassing. Would like to see them do something that helps curb that attitude.