• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In the demo, i guess cause of my hdr tv, everytime i went to a menu setting it game me a black screen for 1 second. I wonder if that is fixed.

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
Three questions for people that have access to the game today to help me make an informed decision about whether or not buying the game:
1. How much better better is performance compared to the demo (can u get at least 1800p on a 2080 ti?) (the performance in the demo was abysmal)
2. Is HDR working properly on TVs (it was totally broken in the demo on my oled and gave me pink screens, only dolby vision was working)
3. Is DLSS available and is it good? (or bad like metro)?
It's noticeably better. If you have a good cpu you can 1800p for sure. I'm averaging like 50 fps with 2080ti but my 4790k def holding me back. My cpu is getting creamed. No dlss yet

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Ryzen 5 1400 @ 3.6GHz / RX 570 and I'm only getting between 40-60 frames.

Running at medium @ 1080p, is it a hardware problem for why I can't get locked 60? I know I need to up my RAM only running 8GB rn.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
I have a Ryzen 5 1400 @ 3.6GHz / RX 570 and I'm only getting between 40-60 frames.

Running at medium @ 1080p, is it a hardware problem for why I can't get locked 60? I know I need to up my RAM only running 8GB rn.
8 GB is pretty low. Do you have Afterburner to see what the bottleneck is? RAM is pretty "cheap" right now if you have two extra slots.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
2080ti @1440p can't hold a solid 60 with vsync on ultra. It's the same as the demo for me, which wasn't great.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
You *should* be able to make a custom User.cfg to adjust if scale if there isn't an option.

Open the game directory and create a file called user.cfg
add the command Render.ResolutionScale (0.25 -> 2.0)

The user.cfg should apply at load, and everytime you reload your save game. If the console is unlocked, press the tilde key and type list for all of the available commands.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
So this is interesting. Def running better than demo but I am having areas where my FPS will drop. And no apparent reason why, CPU usage ~20% GPU usage is around 80% same as when its locked at 60. First mission when you get to the crystals. looking at them drop my FPS. no reason why though.

Playing at 4k, all settings maxed except light and post processing at high, Motion Blur off, Vsync on.
for the most part I get locked 60, Fort taris is locked 60 much better than demo

Specs.
Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2 all cores
2080 ti, overclocked +150 core, +800 memory
16gb DDR4 3200mhz cl14
Installed on Samsung EVO 860 SSD

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
2080ti @1440p can't hold a solid 60 with vsync on ultra. It's the same as the demo for me, which wasn't great.
Vsync is kinda broken for me (AMD Vega). I have it on and limit to -2 fps of FreeSync refresh rate but the fps dip like crazy with vsync on. If I turn it off I have rock solid 60 or more in most cases (1440p). Try it.

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Running this on my 4K TV on Ultra settings, averaging 40 FPS. Wondering which settings I can drop down to increase FPS without too much of a hit, visually. My specs are:

GTX 1080, 6700k at 4.1 ghz, 64 gigs of ram (I'm a photoshop user). I do have a 1440 Gsync monitor I could be using, but playing in a La-Z-Boy with a wireless mouse and keyboard is too comfortable, and I don't mind 40 FPS, but more would be nice.

Can you guys tell me what I could drop down from ultra to increase FPS?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Always drop effects, shader, shadow and AA settings down a notch if you want the biggest performance boost.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Game runs great for me on a lower end rig. All medium, 1080p

i5-4590s
1050ti
8GBRam

Seems well optimized, and will likely only get better with updates and actual release on the 22nd.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Performance is about the same as the beta for me, it needs another pass for sure. Controls are much better, flying is good and swimming is OK, both are usable now.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I loaded it up for like 2 minutes and disappointed in the video options. No HDR to turn on so that means you have to rely on crappy built in Windows HDR that always looks horrible (super washed out) instead of Nvidia exclusive fullscreen HDR? Also, I didn't see any option for resolution scaling like in AC: Odyssey, setting that to something like 80% at 4k resolution gives better results than something like DLSS and isn't limited in what video card you can use... Guess I'll have to try a mix of ultra and high to make sure it is always over 60 FPS at 4k (turn down shadows and AA first?? - I am running a 1080 Ti at 4k).

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Has anyone found a way to disable motion blur completely without messing around with the post processing setting?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The hub chugs for me something fierce, it runs far worse than the actual gameplay.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
How fast is it without Vsync for you?
Game runs at 90-130 fps for me on my 2080Ti at 1440p. Try disabling ingame Vsync and give borderless windows mode a try.
I'm getting 75-90 without vsync. In borderless the background looks wonky as if it's 30fps when turning the camera, in full screen vsync it works great,but I get hitches/stutters.
I should note I'm using a controller so it's more noticeable.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Why is the Storm javelin here, just to make our performance suffer?

On a more serious note, it's hilarious to be in the thick of things and be playing at a mostly steady 60fps, but then a Storm shoots down a giant strike of lighting in front of you and the framerate drops down to like 40 fps for a few seconds. Though it's to be expected, the game is mostly steady for me but as soon as a mass of particle effects and shit is on screen framerate tanks a good bit.

Still runs waaaay better than the demo. I wonder if the latest Nvidia drivers helps performance at all.

I'm curious about some of the settings, is HBAO Full just HBAO+ and I wonder what ultra AA is? Maybe it's some sort of MSAA or just TAA with something like SMAA or FXAA on top of it. It didn't seem to affect performance too much and I didn't notice much of a visual difference so It's probably not MSAA.

As for performance overall, it's a mostly steady 60 fps at 1440p completely maxed out on my 2070+6700k combo. Flying around is fine performance wise unlike in the demo. As I said, the game can steeply go below 60 when there's a bunch of effects on screen. I don't think even dropping it to 1080p could help in those situations. I tried 1620p with some lowered settings but the game wasn't having it, I'll probably just stick to 1440p.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting 75-90 without vsync. In borderless the background looks wonky as if it's 30fps when turning the camera, in full screen vsync it works great,but I get hitches/stutters.
I should note I'm using a controller so it's more noticeable.

I wonder what is going on there for you. What are the rest of your specs?

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
Flying has been overhauled. I hated it on M&KB in the demo, I love it here.

It definitely dopesn't suck, imo.

That's awesome to hear! The performance also seems to be much improved. The demo really soured me on the game, I might get a month of that Origin premium thing to try it out. Thanks for the impressions.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
So this is interesting. Def running better than demo but I am having areas where my FPS will drop. And no apparent reason why, CPU usage ~20% GPU usage is around 80% same as when its locked at 60. First mission when you get to the crystals. looking at them drop my FPS. no reason why though.

Playing at 4k, all settings maxed except light and post processing at high, Motion Blur off, Vsync on.
for the most part I get locked 60, Fort taris is locked 60 much better than demo

Specs.
Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2 all cores
2080 ti, overclocked +150 core, +800 memory
16gb DDR4 3200mhz cl14
Installed on Samsung EVO 860 SSD
So once I got into the first mission it ran about the same as the demo. major drops. will run at 60 a lot but def drops into 50s a lot. Vsync kills framerate for some reason in this game. Vsync off runs better but it has bad screen tearing :/

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
16gb 3200
Installed on my 860 Evo

Seems it's only this game givin me trouble. I'm sure if I had a gsync monitor I'd be fine.

I've tested unlocked, borderless without gsync and vsync now and that gives me a smooth experience.
Your specs are also fine.
Sorry mate, no idea how to help you. Maybe try limiting framerate with RTSS to 60 with borderless...

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Looking for a solid 1080P 60 FPS High to Ultra Experience: Running an:
I5-7600K
RX 480 6 GB
16 GB RAM

Is this obtainable?

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
I got a very large frame rate boost running in border-less window over exclusive full screen.

I officially no longer understand PC gaming.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Framerate on my machine is doing okay, but the load times when I have the game installed on a HDD are still pretty long. Usually about a minute to load into a mission, and by the time I'm loaded in all the other players have already flown into the first fight. Any tips on how to fix that aside from pushing it to a SSD? Everyone I'm playing with can't have that kind of setup, so I worry something may be going on. I've validated my game files, cleared my Origin cache, and deleted all the Anthem demo files.

Overall though, this feels WAY better than launch, and I feel like I actually know what I'm doing in it now. Pleasantly surprised!

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Staying above 60fps (averaging 70-75fps) at 3440x1440 all ultra, but it's taking a 2080ti on a 9900k to do it (on the latest nvidia drivers that just released a day or so ago).

I think it's the extra width that really hurts the FPS the most, but I'm okay with this.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
The more I play the worse the performance gets for some reason. Can no longer keep it over 50... I don't get it, nothing changed. Maybe the areas are more taxing?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I got a very large frame rate boost running in border-less window over exclusive full screen.

I officially no longer understand PC gaming.
Wow, that is weird. This would be the first game I've ever heard of that.

Should I be installing the latest Nvidia driver? I fell back to an older driver because the newer ones seemed to make games run worse the last couple of months, but I haven't tested various drivers for Anthem.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The more I play the worse the performance gets for some reason. Can no longer keep it over 50... I don't get it, nothing changed. Maybe the areas are more taxing?

I noticed nighttime FPS is a little worse, probably due to multiple flashlight sources.