• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
It's very CPU intensive. Monitor the loads and you'll see.

You should not judge the game's performance from the tutorial missions. They're set in closed, special zones that has nothing to do with the rest of the game.

Come back after you reach Fort Tarsis and do more missions from there.

It really is. This is the first game that made me want to upgrade from my i7 4790k. My usage is consistently 70-90% and my 2080 ti is definitely not being pushed to it's full power. Literally never had a game so cpu hungry before. I'm excited to see the difference with my 9700k whenever ups actually delivers it.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
so far the game is running flawless for me.

1440p 60fps with all settings up as high as they will go.

cpu: 6700k at 4.3
ram: 32gb at 2666
gpu: rtx 2080 (418.91 driver) at 2080/7700.
windows 10 pro (1809)

my cpu didn't go over 62C and my GPU maxed out at 68C (this is the Founder's Edition model). my CPU is only 4 core 8 threads. RAM was using about 10GB. GPU VRAM was about 5/5.5GB. i should've screenshotted my afterburner graphs.

overall i'm happy with performance.

Spoonie

Oct 3, 2018
I'm not sure what other people are smoking but I don't find the flight controls any improvement from the demo. Additionally, I thought there was going to be a fov slider :/

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
Is there a way to enable FPS? I must be overlooking the option.

i5 6600k at 3.5ghz
16gb ram
GTX 970

Running at 1080p, nearly everything on Ultra (SSAO) and doing rather well. Would like to be more specific.
This runs way better than the demo.

Endy

Oct 30, 2017
I Have no idea how you people are able to keep a steady 60fps on ultra @1080p with gtx 1070.
I keep seeing as low as 40 with occasional ramp up to 60 and the odd 80/90 when inside.
The performance is all over the place for me and far from a stable and fluid 60 :/

Endy.

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
You guys complaining about performance should start to list more than just your gpu. I'm curious what CPU a lot of you are rocking. This game has very heavy cpu usage.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

i5 6600k at 3.5ghz
16gb ram
GTX 970

Running at 1080p, nearly everything on Ultra (SSAO) and doing rather well. Would like to be more specific.

Not through the game. You can use RTSS or The Nvidia Geforce Experience overlay [Alt+Z in game/gearwheel symbol/HUD Layout]

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

i5 6600k at 3.5ghz
16gb ram
GTX 970

Interesting. I wasn't able to hold 60 fps in the beta with my setup unless I set the game to medium-low. On a 970, 16gb ram, 4690k (@ 4.3GHz, also 4C+4T like 6600k).

RTSS overlay will give you good performance metrics. I think the Origin client also has a rudimentary frame counter hidden in the program settings somewhere but I may be mistaken.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Seems like Post Processing, Lighting and Effects are the performance killers. I have set those to low and now it stays above 60 all the time except for the Fort but I don't care there @ 1440p (Vega 56 + R5 2600). Rest is High/Ultra. Can't see a difference. Game is pretty even if you set everything except textures and filtering to low.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I Have no idea how you people are able to keep a steady 60fps on ultra @1080p with gtx 1070.
I keep seeing as low as 40 with occasional ramp up to 60 and the odd 80/90 when inside.
The performance is all over the place for me and far from a stable and fluid 60 :/
not all Ultra. change it to High and report back

no reason to insist on all Ultra for no visible difference, this is an age-old discussion we've all had before

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i7 6700k, 16gb ram, RTX 2080, I'm getting roughly 100fps but the game is absolutely dumping on my CPU. Vsync fixed it in the demo but it isnt working now.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
wtf i was having almost perfect performance in the first 2 introductory mission and in the city hub and then the performance tanks heavily in the first multiplayer mission where i have to search for a missing guy for the blonde woman.

is this really the difference in performance between single player and multiplayer?

gtx 1070 stock
i5 8600k stock
16gb ddr4 3200
ssd

(sorry for my english)

Last edited:

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
wtf i was having almost perfect performance in the first 2 introductory mission and in the city hub and then the performance tanks heavily in the first multiplayer mission where i have to search for a missing guy for the blonde woman.

is this really the difference in performance between single player and multiplayer?

(sorry for my english)
that's what i just experienced. flawless performance until the first mission you mentioned. the game performs like ass now. i've had to lower some settings.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I think I can confirm that the game is definitely running better in this build compared to demo.

My PC can hold 60fps in Fort Tarsis on Ultra settings now, for the exception of the market near the forge where it hovers around 45-50 fps.

Specs are i5 7600 3.5Ghz, Nvidia 1060 6gb, and 16gb of RAM.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
that's what i just experienced. flawless performance until the first mission you mentioned. the game performs like ass now. i've had to lower some settings.
i already lowered down hbao to ssao and postprocessing on high, i don't wanna run the game on medium with my system lol.

metro run on ultra at 60 rock solid with a much better graphic on the same pc, if this are the performance of the final game i'm very disappointed.

also is it me or when you go deep into the water the game lose like 30+ frame??

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
these are my current settings:

1440p 60hz with 6700K/32GB/RTX 2080 (418.91 driver)

Nvidia control panel settings:
V-sync: On
Maximum performance

In game settings:
V-sync: Off - i think this is bugged? that's why i've forced it in nvidia control panel.
Motion Blur: On - usually hate blur but i don't mind it in this.
Depth of Field: On
Chromatic Aberration: Off - i hate CA so it's off.
Anti-Aliasing: TAA - Ultra looks a little cleaner but it's either this or turn AA off.
Ambient Occlusion: HBAO - can't really tell the difference between HBAO and HBAO Full.
Texture Quality: High - I'm only at 1440p so probably don't need Ultra.
Texture Filtering: High - assuming this is x8 AF. probably couldn't hurt to run on Ultra but doubt it'd look any better.
Mesh Quality: Low - can't seem to see what this does so it's going on Low.
Lightning Quality: High - this makes a big difference. I can see a slight difference between High + Ultra.
Effects Quality: Low - again can't see any difference so it's going down to Low
Post-Processing Quality: High - original had it on Medium but going to High doesn't affect my framerate so why not?
Terrain Quality: High - originally at Medium but was getting a lot of pop in so bumped it up to High. not sure if this fixes the pop in but it's not affecting performance.
Vegetation Quality: High - don't want to go any lower than this.

I'm getting solid 60fps now in the open world during combat. there is some very slight stuttering in the market area and when you first jump off the platform down to the map. but 99% the time it is 60fps. there is a slight difference in Lighting and pop in but my performance is significantly better now. i'll keep messing around with the settings but i feel this is a good place to start from.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I have that old HP Envy deal with the 980TI from a few years ago. I remember that people said the 500W power supply it came with wasn't really enough. Right now it keeps crapping out and shutting my computer down during the game, so I figure it's time to upgrade. I have no idea what I need to get though.

Here's what's listed as my specs:

16GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB) RAM
500W Power supply
6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700K quad-core processor [4.0GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti [DL DVI-I, HDMI, DP, DP, DP]
256GB 3D SSD

Anyone know what I should get for a PSU that would work with this?

Edit:

Doing a little research it seems like this might be good, and something I could reuse if I do a new build down the road?
EVGA Supernova G3 750W

Sorry for the slightly off topic question, but this is the first game that's done this to my PC.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How on earth there isn't a resolution scale in a modern Frostbite game?
Still fingers crossed it's in for 2/22

You can do it manually for now (but you have to restart the game every time as the console is either disabled or locked) :
Resolution scaling works if you add this line in the config file (\Documents\BioWare\Anthem\settings\ProfileOptions_profile) :
Code:
GstRender.ResolutionScale 0.800000

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using a mix of medium/high settings on my old i5 4670k and 1070 and the actual performance is fine, but the CPU load and load times are killing me. I was actually running into heat issues on my CPU until I took the side panel of my case off. I pretty much can't play on public because I am always playing catch up with the rest of the team due to how bad load times are for me.

Endy

Oct 30, 2017
not all Ultra. change it to High and report back

no reason to insist on all Ultra for no visible difference, this is an age-old discussion we've all had before
The situation is mostly the same with High Settings.
Getting, maybe, 5ish fps more with High instead of Ultra. And you're right: Not much on screen difference for my eyes.

gtx 1070 stock
i5 8600k stock
16gb ddr4 3200
ssd

(sorry for my english)
Exactly the same issue.
I could run the introductory mission on Ultra keeping a steady 60-70fps but after the first multiplayer mission it's more like 40 to 60ish fps.

Endy.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
So I have that old HP Envy deal with the 980TI from a few years ago. I remember that people said the 500W power supply it came with wasn't really enough. Right now it keeps crapping out and shutting my computer down during the game, so I figure it's time to upgrade. I have no idea what I need to get though.

Here's what's listed as my specs:

16GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB) RAM
500W Power supply
6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700K quad-core processor [4.0GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti [DL DVI-I, HDMI, DP, DP, DP]
256GB 3D SSD

Anyone know what I should get for a PSU that would work with this?

Edit:

Doing a little research it seems like this might be good, and something I could reuse if I do a new build down the road?
EVGA Supernova G3 750W

Sorry for the slightly off topic question, but this is the first game that's done this to my PC.
Anything 600W+ from decent brands will do. You might want to take your case apart to make sure it's compatible with normal PSUs as well.

FlipCup8822

Nov 25, 2018
Does anyone have any experience with an R9 390?

I have a Rysen 2600x with the R930 and can't get above 40 FPS on High.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
What's a good program to check what's causing stutters?
if you mean just monitoring performance then MSI Afterburner w/Rivatuner. It'll give you graphs with framerate/timing/highs + low %/temps/usage etc...

to find out the cause of the stutters? i don't know about that. make sure your GPU driver/OS is up to date. likely it's just the game. i think the V-sync is messed up so maybe try disabling it in game and forcing it through your GPU control panel. also might help to run your card in maximum performance mode.

i was getting quite a bit of stuttering but enabling v-sync/max perf in nvidia control panel seems to have got rid of it. i'm getting rock solid 60fps and the timing is smooth.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using a mix of medium/high settings on my old i5 4670k and 1070 and the actual performance is fine, but the CPU load and load times are killing me. I was actually running into heat issues on my CPU until I took the side panel of my case off. I pretty much can't play on public because I am always playing catch up with the rest of the team due to how bad load times are for me.
For the CPU shit, try turning on vsync. It made an ENORMOUS difference for me, both in the demo and in the early release, now. Ifeel you with the loading, though. Currently trying to make room on my HDD. Lowing texture quality from high to low only reduced free play load time from three minutes even to two minutes fourty.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
if you mean just monitoring performance then MSI Afterburner w/Rivatuner. It'll give you graphs with framerate/timing/highs + low %/temps/usage etc...

to find out the cause of the stutters? i don't know about that. make sure your GPU driver/OS is up to date. likely it's just the game. i think the V-sync is messed up so maybe try disabling it in game and forcing it through your GPU control panel. also might help to run your card in maximum performance mode.

i was getting quite a bit of stuttering but enabling v-sync/max perf in nvidia control panel seems to have got rid of it. i'm getting rock solid 60fps and the timing is smooth.
edit. Thanks, I used rivatuner to cap @60 and it's smooth. Something with this game and vsync doesn't work well with my pc.

Last edited:

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
i'll have impressions on an i7 4790k and a 1070ti later today at 1080p and maybe 1440p, but no promises that I get far enough to test intensive areas.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
For the CPU shit, try turning on vsync. It made an ENORMOUS difference for me, both in the demo and in the early release, now. Ifeel you with the loading, though. Currently trying to make room on my HDD. Lowing texture quality from high to low only reduced free play load time from three minutes even to two minutes fourty.

Hmm. I have a gsnyc monitor, and it's my understanding that means I should pretty much never have vsync on.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I have a gsnyc monitor, and it's my understanding that means I should pretty much never have vsync on.
That's fair. I don't really understand GSync and don't have a Gsync monitor myself, but here's what I can tell you. This is the game's MAIN MENU processor load on my PC with VSync on:
Nd1rZVv.png

And with VSync off:
3jusMY2.png

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
That's fair. I don't really understand GSync and don't have a Gsync monitor myself, but here's what I can tell you. This is the game's MAIN MENU processor load on my PC with VSync on:
Nd1rZVv.png

And with VSync off:
3jusMY2.png
enable vsync in your gpu control panel. the in game vsync seems to be bugged.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That used to be the case, but now forcing V-SYNC on through the Nvidia control panel is actually the best method at the present time. Nvidia made a shift in driver policy a little while back that allowed the framerate to outpace the max refresh rate on Gsync monitors, which can re-introduce tearing when fps goes beyond the max hz limit of a monitor.

https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/

Basically, the rule of thumb for G-sync now is:
1) Globally force V-SYNC on using Nvidia Control Panel (NVCP).
2) If a game supports custom max frame capping (like Overwatch), one can choose to turn V-SYNC off for those titles individual in the NVCP and set the in-game frame cap to 3 frames below the monitor's refresh rate (if it's a 120hz monitor, set the in-game frame cap to 117). This is good for the competitive twitch shooters, but it should be stressed that it only helps a very tiny bit per Blurbusters.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
I had the same problem with the demo, 1080ti, output in 4k/HDR.
Had to plug all back on a 1080p monitor to play the game.
1080Ti here too.

I was surprised that it defaulted to DV also. ME:A had an hdr toggle and ability to select hdr10 or DV. I think they tweeted last week the hdr toggle should be in for 2/22 update. Not sure about DV tho.

Qualitatively speaking, at least on my C7, even DV game mode felt like it added a shit ton of latency too.

Really hoping for some addl pc settings next week...

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
enable vsync in your gpu control panel. the in game vsync seems to be bugged.
Bugged how? With it on, processor load for me is actually manageable. With it off, my control thread (assuming such a thing exists, I don't really know how the game processes are structured, I just know how my play experience is) has hitches so bad mouse that mouse look is nowhere NEAR smooth.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Nd1rZVv.png

And with VSync off:
3jusMY2.png
this is normal. vsync off means ur pc (cpu included) will put out as many frames as it possibly can.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If I could just ten more consistent FPS, I'd be happy with the medium settings I got it on.

L1e6omJ.png

Any suggestions on what I should upgrade here to get a lil speed boost? Don't really care about making the game prettier but man its so close to being decent performance wise for me.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I am getting strange white boxes in certain areas like the title screen, almost as if part of the level didn't load, anyone else have this. It's only in a few areas, everything else is fine. Also why do I have a white box on the bottom left hand side of my screen. It never goes away.

Jose Cintron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok need a little help here cause I'm not sure what the issue is. I have an issue (aside from the long loading times) where the assets of the game take forever to load in once I'm actually playing. Whether I'm out in the open world or in the Tarsis; floors, walls, npcs, etc always take a good couple seconds to load in. Out in the world it's more irritating since I see people shooting at things that arent there or me losing health and going down to enemies that havent even loaded in yet. I've done a clean install of my graphics driver (418.91) and I've even lowered all the settings down to low to see if that would effect it but no avail.

i7 4970k
RTX 2070
16GB Ram
Running game at 1440p (tried 1080p and still the same thing)

Any help would be appreciated, driving myself crazy.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
the hdr is so broken.

can't disable it. works ok at 1080p and 4k, but totally broken at 1440p.

EDIT: i7 4790k and a 1070ti plays the intro missions at 1080p 60fps well. I can't try 1440p because the hdr makes my entire screen pink.

Last edited: