• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
From what I can gather you can still subscripe to EA Access/Premium and play the game while your sub is active (10 hours for Access) and buy the game phyiscally.

17:30EST on the 14th!

Oh so it's just the EA Access/Premium thing. I thought someone said pre-orders early access was a thing too. I guess they were mistaken.

Oct 30, 2017
Well premier access is PC only. But the rest you have a bit backwards...EA access is a sub that offers the following benefits - early trial access to games (10 hours limit), games in the hub being free to play, discount on new EA game purchases.

So the 10 hour early access is a result of the EA access - a service Sony refused on their console (though talk is they will now allow it).

I have pre-ordered the game and am an EA access subscriber. The only reason you can't be is because Sony wouldn't allow the service on their console.

Yeah I understand all that. 10 hours is almost nothing in a game like this, unless you run through the main path. But I still firmly believe preorders up until the 15th should be given access.

I get what they're doing, but I think they should be rewarding all their day 1 customers that are supporting the game pre launch. Instead they are trying to get people to sub even if those people drop it at the end of the month once they get their fix. Their focus should be on the customer no matter their platform.

That's just my thoughts, I'm not to upset about it, but it's an annoyance that I'll be jumping into a community based game a week after dodging spoilers even though I've supported the game pre launch.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Early access will be the release build right? So we'll know how the PC version will run at launch right? This may be useful to me to decide if I go PC or PS4.

Oct 30, 2017
No, early access is tied to EA Access on Xbox as well as Origin Access (and Premier) on PC. Origin Access Premier members get access to the full game while EA Access and Origin Access base members just get a 10 hour trial.

I think they were posing a rhetorical question. Saying that the special edition outside of subs isn't getting early access on other platforms.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I understand all that. 10 hours is almost nothing in a game like this, unless you run through the main path. But I still firmly believe preorders up until the 15th should be given access.

I get what they're doing, but I think they should be rewarding all their day 1 customers that are supporting the game pre launch. Instead they are trying to get people to sub even if those people drop it at the end of the month once they get their fix. Their focus should be on the customer no matter their platform.

That's just my thoughts, I'm not to upset about it, but it's an annoyance that I'll be jumping into a community based game a week after dodging spoilers even though I've supported the game pre launch.

So you want to ensure that the money I've paid to sub to EA access is a total waste? That seems a bit unfair. The benefit of that sub is getting to play 10 hours of the game early. If they take that away then I will unsub. The early access is an EA thing - and it happens with ALL EA games. If they wanted to let pre-orders in early then they'd still have to allow their sub access to start before that (as they have done with some games). Whatever way you slice it they can't take away the benefits of a paid sub.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Kind of. There will also be another patch on the 22nd.
Oh. Well hopefully performance is good enough on PC that it makes my choice easy. Otherwise I guess I'll make a last minute switch on the 22nd if I hear nightmares about the PC version or if early access is bad and I hear 22nd's patch makes it good.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I'm so pumped, my clusterfuck month is turning out nicely. Resident Evil 2 platinum into Kingdom Hearts 3 which I'm getting to the climax with a week to spare before Anthem. It's gonna be lit!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I think they were posing a rhetorical question. Saying that the special edition outside of subs isn't getting early access on other platforms.

"LoD edition on other platforms don't get early access too?" isn't rhetorical. The Legion of Dawn edition is -
Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition and receive Four Legendary Armor Packs, A Legendary Weapon, Founders Player Banner, Ranger Javelin Gear Attachment, and The Anthem Digital Soundtrack.

There has never been mention of early access for pre-orders or LoD purchases.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So will the full release on the 22nd also be on the 21st 5:30pm EST?
Unfortunately not, we don't have exact times it'l unlock on consoles yet, but here's confirmed times for PC:
Dy7AthaU0AAqKLB

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think Anthem will sell gangbusters but I do think it will have a healthy community around it. I want to see how quickly Bioware work with and for the community as issues arise and content is released.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I just subbed to Origin Basic. They won't be adding the game to the list right after launch right? I'm not wasting my money buying the game at launch because it'll be there for me to play on Origin right?

edit: seeing as BFV is just the trial, I guess this is the same thing.

Oct 30, 2017
So you want to ensure that the money I've paid to sub to EA access is a total waste? That seems a bit unfair. The benefit of that sub is getting to play 10 hours of the game early. If they take that away then I will unsub. The early access is an EA thing - and it happens with ALL EA games. If they wanted to let pre-orders in early then they'd still have to allow their sub access to start before that (as they have done with some games). Whatever way you slice it they can't take away the benefits of a paid sub.

Valid point, but if the only perk that keeps someone invested, is to play a game early for 10 hours I would question why anyone should really have one. However, I know theres other perks that should make it worthwhile, but either way when you look at PC premier early full access which is locked to PC players Vs everyone else its unbalanced. To be honest, if it was only 10 hour trial for everyone, I wouldn't have as much of an issue. That's a more reasonable perk.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
wait wait wait, we actually start playing tomorrow evening at like 4-5 here in chicago?

Oh snap.....thought this wasn't available till friday

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Valid point, but if the only perk that keeps someone invested, is to play a game early for 10 hours I would question why anyone should really have one. However, I know theres other perks that should make it worthwhile, but either way when you look at PC premier early full access which is locked to PC players Vs everyone else its unbalanced. To be honest, if it was only 10 hour trial for everyone, I wouldn't have as much of an issue. That's a more reasonable perk.
If you go digital you end up paying less if you take one month of EA access because of the 10% discount and you can play earlier. Win win.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Wait, so we can start playing 10.30pm tomorrow night in the UK through EA Access?

Edit: oh you said pc...
Yeah it's 10:30pm tomorrow night in the UK on PC, but we don't have confirmed times for Xbox tomorrow yet. Will let everyone know if/when I hear anything about launch times for this version and unlock times on consoles for next weeks launch.
wait wait wait, we actually start playing tomorrow evening at like 4-5 here in chicago?

Oh snap.....thought this wasn't available till friday
Indeed! It unlocks at 5:30pm EST, which is 4:30pm CST (in Chicago right?).

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Yeah but that's their decision to have that sub business model. If there was an option on Xbox to sub to Premier Access I'd take it. But then I play and enjoy a number of EA games so it works for me.

I get that it sucks there is no early access on PS4. But my point was that is Sony's fault.

Absent Uncle

Oct 25, 2017
Oslo
So I just subbed to Origin Basic. They won't be adding the game to the list right after launch right? I'm not wasting my money buying the game at launch because it'll be there for me to play on Origin right?

Correct. You'll get a 10h trial, after that you have to buy it or sub to EA Premier. Also buying it won't let you play more until the 22nd even if you play the 10h trial early.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Have you played INSIDE yet? If not, please go do so with your Access account! So good!

Oct 30, 2017
I preordered the stupid Legion of Dawn edition on PSN, I should be able to play Friday as well...
Direct that complaint to Sony.....
LoD edition on other platforms don't get early access too?

This was the conversation trail.

"LoD edition on other platforms don't get early access too?" isn't rhetorical. The Legion of Dawn edition is -

There has never been mention of early access for pre-orders or LoD purchases.

No one is saying it was available. Someone said because they pre ordered lod they should have it. Someone else said take it up with Sony, and the last post was a sarcastic question pointing out that the LoD preorder no matter what isn't early access on any console highlighting that the post about taking it up with Sony is pointless because we are not talking about EA subs.

I assume they were being sarcastic and not actually asking a question. Or maybe I'm wrong and they were legit thinking other people get the lod early access.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Im tempted to pick this up on pc, the fact that it wont include pvp is a plus for me couse my reflexes arent that good anymore.. the age... the age.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
For PC yes, today at 6pm UTC ( in 2 hours). For Xbox, pre-load went up earlier this week. For PS4, I've got conflicting reports of pre-load being today and others saying it's the 19th (Tuesday).
ah, got ya. Last min on PS4 due to "unprecedented partnerships" yadda yadda...

I assume they were being sarcastic and not actually asking a question. Or maybe I'm wrong and they were legit thinking other people get the lod early access.

I just want to play the game, lol.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This was the conversation trail.

No one is saying it was available. Someone said because they pre ordered lod they should have it. Someone else said take it up with Sony, and the last post was a sarcastic question pointing out that the LoD preorder no matter what isn't early access on any console highlighting that the post about taking it up with Sony is pointless because we are not talking about EA subs.

Nope, wasn't a question, EA have been doing early access for their other games by getting the $80 edition, that's what the first poster was asking for from what I understood, it doesnt matter anyways.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah but that's their decision to have that sub business model. If there was an option on Xbox to sub to Premier Access I'd take it. But then I play and enjoy a number of EA games so it works for me.

I get that it sucks there is no early access on PS4. But my point was that is Sony's fault.

Yeah, I know, I just wanted to express my view that people who cant access premier or even those that are day 1 supporters who choose to pre purchase digital and physical instead are left out in the cold even though they're going to make up a big chunk of your long term supports.

I dont know if I would sub on premier, maybe if i had PC since they have way more diversity, but I also don't think it fits into my gaming habits. I would have to give serious thought if it eventually does.

Well, enjoy your 10 hours while I sit here waiting for another week... lol.

I just want to play the game, lol.

I know, i know... me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.