Anthem Prelaunch Discussion Thread (Origin Premier/EA Access: Feb 15th) - Time To Fly FreelancEra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
So they added enemy arrow indicators to let you know enemies might be off screen, despite the fact that they were never hard to find in the first place since they already showed up on the compass anyway? Unless it is more of a proximity indicator instead of just a general notification that enemies are "around".

Oct 26, 2017
Menu UI is a lot cleaner and easier to use.

As we're on a new page; Unlock times for Early Access on Origin have changed:
The new times are:
3pm UTC/GMT (UK Time)
4pm CET
10am EST
7am PST
12am JST
2am AEDT

Countdown to Early Access:

Countdown to Worldwide Launch:

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it got pushed back a day

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, EA did not think this through. It's not Madden or a game that will be done in 20 hours. GaaS games are about the community and nothing is worse than giving special people an early start. The game should launch at the same time for everyone. Period.
MMO's have done this for as long as I can remember. ESO is doing it this year, pre-order the expansion and you get to play x amount of days early. This is nothing new in this realm.

Oct 25, 2017
MMO's have done this for as long as I can remember. ESO is doing it this year, pre-order the expansion and you get to play x amount of days early. This is nothing new in this realm.
Sure, but pre-order perks in arguably the most successful multiplayer-oriented games/MMOs don’t result in muddied full release windows of a week or more. EA and another company or two I think have been pretty egregious on what they can push on this front, especially with full cost titles, that it detracts from the experience.

Compared to say, getting a preload in to play immediately at midnight vs. buying a boxed copy in the morning or even attending a physical midnight release event.

Anyway the thing I came here to post was that the biggest word I’d describe my thoughts about Anthem is cautious. Not overly optimistic or pessimistic, but pretty solidly in the middle. Just don’t know enough right now and I’ve been burned enough times by BioWare in the past that I’m not riding a hype train, but I don’t think it looks absolutely horrid either. Only the fully released product will be enough to tell if it’s good, and that question has to be asked a month or more down the line repeatedly, because if the endgame is lacking and/or not built upon, there’s no reason to invest much money or time in the product with the competition that exists unless you really like the specific aesthetic more.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
So can we no longer get EA access for $1? I was thinking of just doing that and maxing out my ten hours before buying the game proper, but not seeing the option anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.