• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
p6qLEGI.png

Anthem VIP and Open Demo OT
Hello fellow ResetEra Freelancers, iFirez has outdone himself with these graphics for tomorrow's demo kick-off so we wanted to make sure they went to good use and give you as much information as possible.

A couple quick notes before you read below:
  • We have a AnthemEra discord set-up to help with information and LFG purposes under the name "FreelanceEra" please shot myself, deafmedal or TheWorthyEdge if you need an invite
  • Simple Thread rule(s) just don't be "that person" who disrupts the thread with drive-by posts about EA/Bioware or just to spout as much nonsense as you possible can (both trashing the game relentlessly and/or borderline astro-turfing) to ruin everyone's experience. Feedback both positive and negative in a constructive way is encouraged.

As a community let's break this demo down and spread the word and talk about this new apparent love child of Destiny/Mass Effect & Diablo!
VIP Demo Starts In:
t1548435600z1.png

ekR1JF0.png

UniXSXE.png

4drz4KT.png

Additional Demo information

• Both of Anthem's demos are always online, which means you'll need an active subscription to PlayStation Plus, or Xbox Live Gold on your platform of choice.
  • BioWare said players who jump in with the Anthem VIP demo will receive a free gift come launch, but it did not reveal what that is just yet there are no time restrictions in place during the demo, so you can play for as long as servers are live.
  • The leveling curve will be different in the demo compared to launch. You should also expect it to be more generous with rewards and in-game currency, to give you a chance to experience everything it has to offer
  • *Because the dev team branched off development on this demo and the main game back in December, the demo will be somewhat of a "snapshot" of what the game was at the end of last year. Because of this, there will be six weeks worth of less bug fixes, only one story arc, the mission/stronghold/freeplay balance will be off, the PC controls (specifically flight controls) will be less nuanced, and things will have been renamed for clarity in the main game.*

gVbh6As.png

Last edited by a moderator:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Hey all! Hope you enjoy the OT here, it was so fun designing it; this is actually the first thread I've done graphics for so hope people like them. Cornbread did a great job adding more info and details to it too. We'll all be playing the Anthem Demo in 24 hours from this post going live so it's not long to wait now until we're flying across the world of Anthem, raining down missiles as the Ranger, casting devastating elemental abilities as the Storm, getting up close and personal as the Interceptor and tanking all the damage as the Colossus. I can't wait to see what you all think of the game once you've jumped in.

If you all wanted to see that lil'ResetEra logo I Anthem-afied in the first graphic box then here it is:

^^ click for high res version ^^

High res graphics catalog

Not long until the Demo now, I can't wait to jump in myself and start gathering info on the Abilities in the game for the updated version of the damage chart. If you want to help please send me screenshots of any abilities you pick up as loot; here's an example of what would be useful. Any help would be hugely appreciated in getting the next version of the Damage Chart out while the VIP Demo is happening.

I'll continue to update this post with any interesting findings or releases in regards to Javelin Abilities over the course of the demos. Enjoy everyone!

08Dp9d4.png

Recent announcements and news about Anthem:
The following are a bunch of recent updates and news posts about Anthem that may or may not refer to the demo. I'll keep updating this section as the week goes on so that Cornbread can focus on any updates specific to the demo in the main post of the thread.
If you want to discuss Anthem beyond the demo or talk about facets of the game that aren't linked to the demo then please head over to the Discussion Thread and the amazing group of members who frequent that thread will be sure to discuss and interact with you.

Download the Demo on your platform:
● PlayStation 4 NA: PlayStation Store NA
● PlayStation 4 EU: PlayStation Store EU
● Xbox One: Microsoft Store
● PC: Add to your Origin library by clicking 'Try It First' Anthem store page

Demo Progression:
You begin at Level 10 with a Ranger Javelin, then once you hit level 12 you get to unlock ONE of the other 3 Javelins and then your max level for the demo is 15. You can get loot and abilities for all Javelins during your play time and you have access to missions, a stronghold and a section of the open world to 'freeplay' in doing different world events.

▶ 16 Player Social Space in the game at launch: https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1088200385976623104 (This won't be available in the demo)
▶ Anthem has gone gold: https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1088208118821965826 & https://twitter.com/Darokaz/status/1088318237459152896
▶ Demo details from the Lead Producer: https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1088323286923063296
▶ 3 End Game Strongholds confirmed for launch of the game: https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1088467237722148864
▶ IGN Livestream of the Demo (showing it off a day early): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/369066462
▶ EA Game Changers release new videos about the game: Arekkz, Ashe, Datto, KackisHD, Mtashed & RyanCentral.
▶ WiLLiSGaming shows off Crafting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW9UOblliIg
▶ Twitter user Ukumio released a stylized map of the open world in Anthem: https://twitter.com/Ukumio/status/1088733914246479872
▶ An update on the VIP Demo from BioWare's Head of Live Service: http://blog.bioware.com/2019/01/26/anthem-vip-demo-update/
▶ All Javelins are available for VIP Demo Players in both the VIP and Open Demo: https://twitter.com/anthemgame/status/1089638100437950464
▶ Updates for what to expect in the Open Demo: https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/anthem-vip-demo-recap

Ability Damage Chart
This past week or so I've been making some resources for the Anthem community; mostly about the abilities your Javelin can use. First is my Ability Damage Chart which shows you all the Javelins and their abilities:

Now available in both Light and Dark modes, this chart is compiled from a variety of sources such as the VIP Demo, Anthem Website and Developer Livestreams.

All Javelin Abilities Video Series
To supplement this Ability Damage Chart I have created 4 videos, each focusing on 1 of the Javelins, looking at all their abilities and showing them off visually for people who saw the Chart but wanted to actually see what the abilities did and looked like in game. All footage in these videos was recorded during last weekends VIP Demo:

So that's all 4 Javelins, Ranger, Colossus, Storm and Interceptor. These videos are all short, around 4 minutes each and get to the point as fast as possible. You can skip to 47 seconds in any of them to jump straight to the start of the section talking about abilities.​

Last edited:

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lovely OT. Looking forward to launch!

The file sizes are worryingly large, I hope data miners don't get too much.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
if the real OT is half as sick as this one we'll be in a good place.

good stuff all around.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
Man I'm still torn about the storm and interceptor. Storm has the coal cloak, but the interceptor is flashy. Hunter main from destiny is having an identity crisis.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
OaU.gif

AMAZING OT, can't wait to see what y'all do for the full release
Also can't wait for the demo tomorrow, got my squad and everything, HYPE

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT! Will out of town for the open demo so looking forward to getting good time in. Between this and RE2 Remake it should be a pretty awesome weekend!

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Got a VIP code from a friend, super excited to check this out tomorrow!

Jun 17, 2018
what? 5pm for uk? i was under the impression it was 11 am. from a previous source saying that.

:(

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Fantastic OT. Excited to dive into this with my brother on PC tomorrow night after trying out the closed alpha. Should be a fun time :)

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping the demo gives us a good taste of the game, it's a hard balancing act giving people enough of the game but not too much

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
OaU.gif

AMAZING OT, can't wait to see what y'all do for the full release
Also can't wait for the demo tomorrow, got my squad and everything, HYPE
Great OT! Will out of town for the open demo so looking forward to getting good time in. Between this and RE2 Remake it should be a pretty awesome weekend!
Awesome OT! Looking forward to 24 hours from now. Gotta bring that Storm javelin hype!
Fantastic OT. Excited to dive into this with my brother on PC tomorrow night after trying out the closed alpha. Should be a fun time :)
Thanks! This was my first time doing graphics for a thread like this so had a bit of a learning curve attached to it but I think it turned out great.

Can't wait! Hope we get the This Is Anthem Part Two video today.
We're getting something soon, but it may just be EA GameChanger videos + IGN Stream, hoping for the Gameplay Series Part 2 video as well though.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
ea needs to get in touch with marvel about adding some ironman skins to the game. i would so buy them

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Cant wait. They are doing an amazing job with the marketing. The hype increasing every day. What a complete 180 from BFV PR lol

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Welcome Aboard Pilots. I have an NDA locked alpha under my belt but looking forward to jumping into the demo with everyone.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to the demo. All folks I play Warframe with are going to be playing Anthem this weekend too, fun :)

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
So how do i get this downloaded on origin, ive already put in the code but not seeing it in my game list

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Real excited. Was very concerned about two weeks ago thinking this would be like "Destiny" all over again, but then I remembered I sank hours upon hours in both ME3 and Andromeda MP, shitty progression and all, and still came away in love. After watching more videos, this looks like the ultimate fruition of what those modes set out to do.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm curious, do we know if the main game will use some of the files from the demo so that we wont need to redownload the whole game when it launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.