• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I'm torn on what platform to go with - was originally hands down X1X but the performance was brutal. Considering PS4 Pro as it performers better and will likely have a larger community, but then the PC version ran best on my rig. Main issue there in my limited experience with looter shooters on PC is that I'm more concerned about cheaters and such due to the open nature of PC.

However if they can pull out a better performance on the X then I'll go for that one.

What platform is everyone else thinking?

Most of my friends play on PS4, but with how the demo ran I simply cannot support that platforms release.

I will most likely play on PC and hope they allow crossplay or cross saves at some point. I'll double dip to play with my friends when they do.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
I'm torn on what platform to go with - was originally hands down X1X but the performance was brutal. Considering PS4 Pro as it performers better and will likely have a larger community, but then the PC version ran best on my rig. Main issue there in my limited experience with looter shooters on PC is that I'm more concerned about cheaters and such due to the open nature of PC.

However if they can pull out a better performance on the X then I'll go for that one.

For me X1X, I am sure that one will, eventually, be the best performing console version. The widescreen PC support is also tempting me....

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Few more days, this week is gonna be slow (RIP to console users)
Countdown to Early Access:
t1550183400z0.png

Countdown to Worldwide Launch:

t1550811600z0.png

The countdowns are still ticking away, watching these makes the wait seem even slower.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Little confused about launch. It comes out on PC first? When can Xbox/EA Access users get their 10 hours in?
If you're an Origin Access Premier member you get full access to the game starting the 15th Feb (10:30pm UTC - 14th Feb) - Origin Access Basic and EA Access Xbox One members get access to the game too but on a 10 hour trial basis, meaning they can play whatever they want but are limited to only 10 hours of the game.

The games official launch on 22nd February (5:00am UTC - 22nd Feb) is for all platforms, pre-orders...etc. So in reality only Origin Access Premier members get the full game a week early and Basic/EA Access members get 10 hours of it a week early.

TLDR;
PC Origin Premier Members - Full Game 15th
PC Origin Basic Members - 10 hour trial 15th
Xbox One EA Access Members - 10 hour trial 15th
PC Non-Origin Members, Xbox One, PS4 - Full Game 22nd

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

I'm thinking you shouldn't judge performance based on the demo build. Wait for the full game analysis!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If you're an Origin Access Premier member you get full access to the game starting the 15th Feb (10:30pm UTC - 14th Feb) - Origin Access Basic and EA Access Xbox One members get access to the game too but on a 10 hour trial basis, meaning they can play whatever they want but are limited to only 10 hours of the game.

The games official launch on 22nd February (5:00am UTC - 22nd Feb) is for all platforms, pre-orders...etc. So in reality only Origin Access Premier members get the full game a week early and Basic/EA Access members get 10 hours of it a week early.

TLDR;
PC Origin Premier Members - Full Game 15th
PC Origin Basic Members - 10 hour trial 15th
Xbox One EA Access Members - 10 hour trial 15th
PC Non-Origin Members, Xbox One, PS4 - Full Game 22nd
So no way for a Xbox person to become a premier member with EA Access I guess is the question I was getting at.

Oh well, I'll spend those 10 hours wisely, I usually do, will just be happy to play.

Jan 29, 2019
Not a fan of the early launch shenanigans, wish everyone had the same options or that none were present at all and everyone had access to the game on the same date (as one of the devs also wanted). I'm planning to play it on ps4 since that's where most of my friends will be but I got the 10 hour trial on xbox just because I'm curious how much better the performance on the 1x will be compared to the demo.

Oct 30, 2017
This whole early access thing is a downer. They rather give people full access to the game who buy into their premium subscription that's PC only, on a sub trial or who buy the sub and cancel before anyone who actually preordered the game. I don't count the 10 hour trial here because it's such a short amount of time.

If premium was available everywhere I would be a bit more understanding of the situation, but even then early releases just kill the hype. Is the OT going to be spoiler free for weeks, since people will be running end game by the time everyone else gets to play. This is a game that would really benefit from a community all starting together.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The one and only Neill Blomkamp is working on something Anthem related:

Seems like a perfect fit really. Scars are very District 9-esque, then obviously Blomkamp has a thing for mechs / robotic enhancements in all his films. His world building and monster design is top tier so I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got cooking up.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Going to try this one one my 10'hour EA Access trial but trying the demo last week, I didn't find it that fun. Also the no pvp thing for me is a turn off.

Can't wait to try it out though BUT I am so invested in APEX, Destiny, and soon to be Division 2, I won't have time for this game.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Tempted to get Premier for a month to try it out but I assume the embargo is for the plebien release? And that DF won't have a video up for a while? The DF part is the most important for me, if it runs better than the demo on PC.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Will be playing on 1X. Gonna try and give myself around 2hrs a day for the 10hr trial so I don't leave a gap before launch.

Going ranger as main.

Clawbearing

Alt-Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019

Sounds like they're trying prepare people for a relatively shorter campaign than typical bioware rpgs. They mentioned mass effects critical path being 13-15 hours and say anthem is meant to be more of an introduction to the world rather than a complete story. I'd guess anthem will take 10 hours to beat the critical path

Status
Not open for further replies.