• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they're trying prepare people for a relatively shorter campaign than typical bioware rpgs. They mentioned mass effects critical path being 13-15 hours and say anthem is meant to be more of an introduction to the world rather than a complete story. I'd guess anthem will take 10 hours to beat the critical path
I think what he was trying to say is that Mass Effect was this huge game with lots of side content that was easily overlooked because its plot was a race against time, therefore players felt compelled to go from main quest to main quest in order to finish it and once they were done, there was hardly any reason to go back to it. Despite Mass Effect being a big game, people were done with it in 15 hours. It seems to me they're suggesting that Anthem's story won't be structured like that, in order to encourage players to explore and engage with all sorts of content the game offers.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm really interested to see how the PC version has evolved, the beta was very shaky with the terrible flight/swimming controls and dodgy performance. I know they've said they've improved those things but who knows by how much until it's in your hands, Anthem was definitely a gamble for me but I got it for such an amazing price I couldn't say no. I'm at a point now where I need a new game to play, I quit WoW so now I have so much free time and nothing to fill it with.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I really wish there was a way to play this on PS4 early like PC. I don't think my GTX970 can manage this, and I think most folks I'd play with are gonna be on the Sony ecosystem. Bleh

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
As a PS4 only user, the 15th to 22nd is gonna be hell. People will have beaten the game, played a ton of content on GM1, gotten top builds already. Smh...early access for a loot shooter is the absolute worst.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I'm really interested to see how the PC version has evolved, the beta was very shaky with the terrible flight/swimming controls and dodgy performance. I know they've said they've improved those things but who knows by how much until it's in your hands, Anthem was definitely a gamble for me but I got it for such an amazing price I couldn't say no. I'm at a point now where I need a new game to play, I quit WoW so now I have so much free time and nothing to fill it with.

While we won't know until we play it, I appreciate how precise they are with what they're changing. It's also encouraging that so much is being tweaked/added just from VIP/open demo feedback:

Summary

We have made numerous updates to menu and Forge navigation with mouse and keyboard on PC since the Demo build. In Early Access (15th Feb), you will see improvements like using Q and E to navigate tabs and being able to drill into menus by clicking the visible options on the right side (except Social menus which are coming for the Worldwide Launch 22nd Feb). In the Forge you will notice that rotating and zooming your character are more responsive.

We are also working on improving our graphics options on PC. For Worldwide Launch (22nd Feb) the issues with Motion Blur will be addressed along with adding an option to toggle HDR on or off. We are adding the ability to adjust camera shake with a slider to help alleviate any issues with motion sickness for Worldwide launch (Feb 22). We are also actively investigating adding an FOV slider to the game. We understand the importance of this option for a large numbers of players. In addition we are investigating adding options for FPS Limit and HDR Brightness in future patches. More information on that when we have it.

List of Changes for Launch (15th Feb / 22nd Feb)
  • UI Clicking on visible options in menus fixed for 15th Feb (except social which is 22nd Feb)
  • Navigating Menu tabs with Q and E instead of old keybindings fixed for 15th Feb
  • Forge rotation speed with mouse improved - 15th Feb
  • Scrolling with mouse wheel wont zoom your javelin AND scroll the menu (will be contextual based on where your mouse is) - 15th Feb
  • D-Pad will show as keyboard bindings - 15th Feb
  • Turning off Motion Blur in settings now works (decoupled from post processing) - 22nd Feb
  • HDR toggle available - 22nd Feb
  • Camera Shake slider added - 22nd Feb

TL;DR - Aiming uses raw mouse input. Flight & Swim controls are improved and more responsive.

Aiming
  • Raw Mouse Input Fixed
    • We found and fixed a bug that caused the symptom of negative acceleration
Flight and Swimming
  • Increase Available Range for Mouse Sensitivity Options
    • Flight and swim sensitivity sliders now allow for more than double the range it offered before. This allows different mouse DPI settings (specifically extremely high or low) to better fit into our in-game swim/flight sensitivity settings.
  • PC Flight Box is now a Circle
    • PC Flight Cursor is now constrained by a circle boundary instead of a box. This allows better turn/speed management as the distance away from center dot (which dictates the speed of your turn) is always the same maximum amount in any direction.
  • Added Auto-Centering for PC Flight
    • Added auto-centering behavior on swimming and flying by default for PC.
    • When mouse input stops (after a delay) the crosshair will automatically return to center.
  • Resolved bug with Sprint/Fly on Button Press
    • We've resolve a jittering/FX spam issue bug that players would receive when playing with hold-to-fly (rather than toggle) option for flight.
  • Raw Mouse Input is now achievable in PC Flight
    • By setting Flight/Swim Response and Precision settings sliders to 0% you can now achieve raw mouse input.
  • Default Flight and Swim Sensitivity Settings Updated
    • All default PC flight and swim sensitivity settings are now tuned to 1200 DPI instead of 1800 DPI.
    • Default flight and swim sensitivity changed from 50% and 35% respectively, to both being 40%.
      • This is the same as having both set to 100% with our previous sensitivity tuning, and since swimming was lower sensitivity than flight it's seen an even bigger boost in responsiveness at default settings.
  • Tuned Flight/Swim Response and Precision Default Settings and Curves
    • The defaults are now much closer to raw mouse input.
    • Adjusted defaults for Precision / Response:
      • 25% for flight and swim precision down to 15%
      • 50% for flight and swim response down to 30%
    • Tweaked flight and swim response to ease into the slowing down behavior close to center in a less steep way than before.
Once the game launches, we look forward to getting more feedback and we are prepared to make more improvements as needed

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hope the console versions get some more graphical tweaking options. I don't think we will get a Graphics or performance choice but it would be nice.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just to be sure...on xbox, if I've already preordered the game but decide I want to play early on Feb 15, I can still sign up for EA Access and play with the copy I've already preordered right?

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This isn't true for me. I can't preload on Xbox.

Edit:

You will only get 10 hours untill the 22nd even if you pre-ordered. EA access and preorders are separate things. It's unfortunate, but true.

I was afraid of the game being 2 separate sku's….crap. It should still transfer my data between both, but it sounds like I'd have to download the EA Access version for the 10 hours, cancel EA Acess and then play my preorder version separately once it releases.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Two SKU's has never been the case. I always use my pre order install when the trial begins and use that for 10 hours until it ends.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I was afraid of the game being 2 separate sku's….crap. It should still transfer my data between both, but it sounds like I'd have to download the EA Access version for the 10 hours, cancel EA Acess and then play my preorder version separately once it releases.

Sorry, not two skus. Just saying you can't play more than 10 hours till the 22nd. I just read your question wrong.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ok so first javelin unlock advice.....in the demo I found interceptor most fun. But I plan on soloing a lot of the story. Do you think the interceptor is viable for that? I want to play on normal or ideally hard.

I can't decide because I soloed the demo stuff with the storm, which clearly is the solo class or the ranger I guess.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so first javelin unlock advice.....in the demo I found interceptor most fun. But I plan on soloing a lot of the story. Do you think the interceptor is viable for that? I want to play on normal or ideally hard.

I can't decide because I soloed the demo stuff with the storm, which clearly is the solo class or the ranger I guess.
I didn't find hard too challenging with the Colossus in the demo. I'd say play what you want, hopefully it'll be fine but if not you can adjust difficulty on a per activity basis so you're not going to have to start over or anything - at worst you might need to replay a mission on normal.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017

I found Ranger to be the least soloable, as its abilities don't play well into its survivability as much as the other three javelins. Interceptor = Speed, Storm = Range/Damage, Colossus = Protection/Disruption. Ranger = .....damage? I'm not entirely sure, but it really feels like Ranger needs a more defined role that is separate from the other three.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
No people are preloading already on Xbox.
Yeah I bought it and it's already downloaded. Still shit all stupid that we get 10 hours starting Friday and then once the 10 hours is done nothing until the 22nd. Thank God for Crackdown 3 and Apex Legends to pass the time. 10 hours in a looter shooter is the equivalent to a tutorial in a normal game. Also is it verified the 10 hour trial is the full game?

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
If people missed it a couple of pages back, voting for the title of the Anthem OT began:
Time to open the flood gates.

Well.... this will please some people and annoy others. Making an OT in a vacuum has its positives and negatives, one of those negatives is choosing a title because so many people have different opinions about what the OT Title should be, it's also (more often than not) the first thing a member or lurker on Era will read before entering the thread. I've been vocally 'against' a particular title for a while but I am also aware that this title is the clear frontrunner in terms of popularity in this thread. I've also been told that as I'm the one posting the OT, it's my choice and I should go with what I want. However, I really love collaboration and even more so, choice. Choice is such an important thing so with that said.. I present to you the Poll to End all Polls:

(Direct link to poll if you don't see it above: https://www.strawpoll.me/17409862 )

I picked some of my favourties, some of the communities favourites and then added the 'one' in question back in... I'm already expecting it to be the frontrunner for this poll by a huge landslide... so why I am doing a poll? Choice. To let you all have your voices heard and involved in creating the OT in someway. My personal favourites are "Javelin a good time" and "Time to Grabbit and Fly" but you pick your favourite and which ever one has the highest votes by Wednesday (13th) will be the OT title when it's posted later that day. (Yes the OT is being posted at 10:30pm UTC on 13th because that's actually 24hrs before the Early Access opens on the 14th... weird that it's not the 15th, I know, but 10:30pm UTC on the 14th is the official unlock time on Origin).

I hope this is okay and a fair way for the Anthem community here to pick this as transparently as possible. Whatever happens I am excited to post the OT on Wednesday night, 24 hours ahead of the Early Access opening on Thursday night.

The poll will close sometime on Wednesday evening, around the time the pre-load goes live. The OT will be posted later that night with the winning title in place. (Direct link to the poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/17409862 )

Truant

Oct 28, 2017

What the fuck happened to Casey?

4.jpg

Jan 4, 2018
Signed up for Premiere and I've got an RTX 2060 coming in by this Friday. Ready to give this a shot this weekend if I can pry myself away from Apex for a couple of days!

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
asking for clarification (what a sad state this industry has to be in), i have anthem pre ordered from best buy, i could sign up for origin premier and play on friday? once normie version releases on the 22nd, i can redeem my key and cancel premier?

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
There is no cross save right. I can't try it for 10 hours on PC and then buy it on Xbox and have my progress transfer right?

(My friends are on Xbox but I got that $1 origin trial so I want to test it on PC)

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
asking for clarification (what a sad state this industry has to be in), i have anthem pre ordered from best buy, i could sign up for origin premier and play on friday? once normie version releases on the 22nd, i can redeem my key and cancel premier?

Premier lasts 30 days no matter what if you do month sub and cancel e.g. week from now. So yes, you can do that.

1. Get Premier
  2. Play on Friday
  3. Activate normal edition when feeling like it during 30 day window
  4. Cancel Premier
  5. Once 30 days on Premier runs out normal edition stays in library and you can keep on playing

RavenSan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So I know there was a thread a few weeks ago, but I don't wanna necrobump it -- if I decide I want to play Anthem this weekend, I can sub for Origin Access Premier on Friday / Saturday. I don't need to do it by Thursday, right?

The old thread said you did, but that never seemed correct to me.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I know there was a thread a few weeks ago, but I don't wanna necrobump it -- if I decide I want to play Anthem this weekend, I can sub for Origin Access Premier on Friday / Saturday. I don't need to do it by Thursday, right?

Thats right. Basic Origin Access gets you 10 hours on the 15th and 10% discount to buy the game.

Premier gets you the full game.

Creegan

Jul 8, 2018
If I've preordered a physical Legion of Dawn edition (XB1), but want to try out the game on EA Access on the 15th, would I:

1. Download Anthem client from Xbox Store and play 10 hours on the 15th
2. Delete client and play off the disc with LOD content on the 22nd

and my progress/character would carry over?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

I guess you're talking about my thread, which is locked now. There was a confirmation (based on EA's other games) that you can start subbing after the 15th to participate in early access.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Man it sucks i cant play it early on Ps4 but atleast i was able to change my pre order from standard edition to Legion of Dawn on psn. Cant believe i had to call sony to change that.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
The demo was fun but worried about launch content. I think the EA Access 10hr trial of the full game will convince me to either buy or wait on this title.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
If I've preordered a physical Legion of Dawn edition (XB1), but want to try out the game on EA Access on the 15th, would I:

1. Download Anthem client from Xbox Store and play 10 hours on the 15th
2. Delete client and play off the disc with LOD content on the 22nd

and my progress/character would carry over?
Yes, EA Access trials are the full game, Game progress, saves, achievements and all.

edit. Also don't delete the client, when you put in the disk it will just install/download the Legion of Dawn stuff and re-use the same client as the trial.

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if progress carries cross platform?

ie: if I start on PC, I can pick up the game on PS4 and my pilot/javelins/whatnot will still be there? Curious because I have a few friends who are getting this on consoles and I'd ideally like to play with them, but if it's not a thing then they can just kick rocks :p

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if progress carries cross platform?

ie: if I start on PC, I can pick up the game on PS4 and my pilot/javelins/whatnot will still be there? Curious because I have a few friends who are getting this on consoles and I'd ideally like to play with them, but if it's not a thing then they can just kick rocks :p
It isn't, unfortunately.

You never know though, maybe in the future.

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
It isn't, unfortunately.

You never know though, maybe in the future.
It's all good, our friend group is split between PC/PS4 rn (pretty evenly, I'd say) so its mostly on the few who jumped on PS4 right off the bat without waiting to ask the group where we'd all go :p

Status
Not open for further replies.