• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Just had a horribble thought. The 10 hour ea access trial for mass effect andromeda didn't let you progress past the first vault in the campaign. Battlefields give only first few levels etc. I hope the 10 hours is totally unrestricted access to everything but i'm thinking it probably is like the other games in that we can't progress past a certain point. So I have cancelled plans for a month of ea access and will wait for the 22nd with the plebs.

Can anyone clarify? (I know premier gets the full game but i'm asking about xbox ea access)

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
So how likely these are very time limited and all times will be US based?

They better take place over several days or have event times separate for EU and US.
Yeah, they've mentioned that they'll be around for a couple of days and that some may come back around - sensible, not everyone can be on every day (holidays etc. will throw a spanner in the works).

Oct 30, 2017
What the fuck happened to Casey?

4.jpg

He's seen some shit.

Probably was reading era posts.

It's been a while since hes been in the spotlight. Games take forever to make.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
If people missed it a couple of pages back, voting for the title of the Anthem OT began:

The poll will close sometime on Wednesday evening, around the time the pre-load goes live. The OT will be posted later that night with the winning title in place. (Direct link to the poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/17409862 )

The game's official slogan "Unleash Your Power" is the most unimaginative thing I've seen for a video game. Honestly, don't they have a marketing department? or they just have a summer intern came up with that AND some guy from BW actually OK'd it?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fuck it I canceled my digital Preorder!

Then subbed to EA access and rebought it for the % off and can play Friday. Just got to remember to cancel it before a month is up.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Premier lasts 30 days no matter what if you do month sub and cancel e.g. week from now. So yes, you can do that.

1. Get Premier
  2. Play on Friday
  3. Activate normal edition when feeling like it during 30 day window
  4. Cancel Premier
  5. Once 30 days on Premier runs out normal edition stays in library and you can keep on playing
Thanks!

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
So what order are people looking at unlocking their javelins in? I'm going to go Storm, Ranger, Colossus then Interceptor. Mostly in terms of interest, I was considering switching Ranger and Colossus but the big guy seems to require more component slots to get the most use out of it.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So what order are people looking at unlocking their javelins in? I'm going to go Storm, Ranger, Colossus then Interceptor. Mostly in terms of interest, I was considering switching Ranger and Colossus but the big guy seems to require more component slots to get the most use out of it.

Don't you start with Ranger? Or was that only for the demo?

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
The game's official slogan "Unleash Your Power" is the most unimaginative thing I've seen for a video game. Honestly, don't they have a marketing department? or they just have a summer intern came up with that AND some guy from BW actually OK'd it?

I think "Strong alone, stronger together" is the better slogan.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

Storm, Colossus, Interceptor, then Ranger last.

Oct 27, 2017

Ranger, then Storm. Don't care for Colossus and Interceptor - they bored me to tears during both demos. Had the most fun with Ranger, it's speed, utility with grenades, missiles and melee are just great fun with fast cool downs.

WeAreVenumb

Oct 27, 2017
Same for me. I'm hoping they buffed the Colossus a bit because they felt too squishy in the demo, and I barely got to play the Interceptor.
Did you ever get any colossus components to drop? I never got any in the VIP demo, but in the open demo I got a couple that had huge health and armor bonuses, they made quite the difference.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Same for me. I'm hoping they buffed the Colossus a bit because they felt too squishy in the demo, and I barely got to play the Interceptor.

Balancing should be a lot better in the full game.

Plus you get some SEXY loot. If I were a Colossus main I would drool at the Masterwork Component that grants 33% Health back when you hit an enemy with your launcher ability.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017

From what I played of the Colossus in the demo it seems you will need components to give big hp boosts, that's the main reason I'm taking it at a higher level to have more slots open for use

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Did you ever get any colossus components to drop? I never got any in the VIP demo, but in the open demo I got a couple that had huge health and armor bonuses, they made quite the difference.

From what I played of the Colossus in the demo it seems you will need components to give big hp boosts, that's the main reason I'm taking it at a higher level to have more slots open for use

That's good to hear I will definitely give the Colossus another go. I definitely liked the Storm the best out of the four but I have a feeling there is going to be a ton of folks playing Storm for launch (I ran the Tyrant Mines five times and 3/5 times our group had 3 Storms in it) and wanted a Javelin to fall back on. I'll wait and see what happens though. I am probably overthinking things but I am getting real antsy waiting on Thursday...

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
That's good to hear I will definitely give the Colossus another go. I definitely liked the Storm the best out of the four but I have a feeling there is going to be a ton of folks playing Storm for launch (I ran the Tyrant Mines five times and 3/5 times our group had 3 Storms in it) and wanted a Javelin to fall back on. I'll wait and see what happens though. I am probably overthinking things but I am getting real antsy waiting on Thursday...

Colossus was looking rough for me untill I got a few abilities that I liked and the big super armour and health mod. Now he's definitely going to be my second Javelin. Storm will be my main though, I like to play 'Mages'.

I actually think a bunch of people will start with Storm, but move away from it when they realize that it can go down pretty quick.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
why dont they just come out and give people an idea of what the mtx economy will be like, seems to me they are treading on dangerous territory with avoiding answering it head on. They saw what happened to BF 2, a game like this which already has enough skepticism as is, could snowball into a pr disaster real quick.

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
why dont they just come out and give people an idea of what the mtx economy will be like, seems to me they are treading on dangerous territory with avoiding answering it head on. They saw what happened to BF 2, a game like this which already has enough skepticism as is, could snowball into a pr disaster real quick.
They did say not to ignore the alliance system and that it would provide a good bit of coin.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

It all will be public knowledge come 15th.

BioWare has been pushing hard that you can gain coins in multiple ways and get multipliers on gains.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

I am in the same boat. I am not going to overthink it and will just enjoy Storm until I see a reason to switch.

SofaJockey

Nov 19, 2017
UK

My guess is that it's a revenue recognition issue. Once they price it, they have to account for it in the books. I think they would prefer not to do that until the day the items can be purchased.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In case people missed it, apparently they made the Hard difficulty harder since the demo.

Is the hard difficulty harder on full game? I didnt even try easy or normal and hard wasnt really what i expected.

Since the demo? Yes

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
As a thumb rule, just don't take anything ballance related you experienced in the demo for granted for the final game. That version will have to be judged completely new, then the fine tuning may begin.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017

Ranger, storm, inty, thic boi

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
In case people missed it, apparently they made the Hard difficulty harder since the demo.

Is the hard difficulty harder on full game? I didnt even try easy or normal and hard wasnt really what i expected.

Since the demo? Yes

Harder as in enemies have more health and deal more damage?

I have a hard time believing that user. Playing the game on hard from the start doesn't make sense as you start out pretty weak with normal gears.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Harder as in enemies have more health and deal more damage?

I have a hard time believing that user. Playing the game on hard from the start doesn't make sense as you start out pretty weak with normal gears.
I saw a few lvl 12 running around on hard in Strongholds. Kind of annoyed me, as they died a lot.

hearmebaby

Dec 9, 2018
So I subscribed to Origin Premier for Anthem, but I always liked FIFA too. How is the playerbase on PC compared to the PS4?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Super excited to see this on Thursday!

Interestingly if you click on that, before it takes you to the 'Premieres in 2 days' image it says that the short film is 3:46 long.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Following up on my previous post about Conviction:

ConvictionPoster_Final_Vertical_720.jpg

Badass poster for the short. The teaser is also available in high quality on YouTube now:

Status
Not open for further replies.