• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Following up on my previous post about Conviction:

ConvictionPoster_Final_Vertical_720.jpg

Badass poster for the short. The teaser is also available in high quality on YouTube now:

Oh my...

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The hate on this forum for this game is next level......sheesh. Surely its easier just to ignore games you don't like?

Anyway - I was only thinking at the weekend how cool a short would be outlining some lore before the launch. Wasn't expecting it to actually happen.

Dec 14, 2017
This is a videogame though, not the real world. Bioware really could have come up with something less ridiculous. It makes it seem like late in development some panicked marketing guy convinced everyone that they absolutely HAD to have an answer to Destiny's Guardians or at least some equivalent to whatever Special Order the player character belongs to in most bioware games so they shoehorned some extra lore into their sci-fi mercenary game.
Does that significantly damage the experience for you? Is there some way they could have made the mismatch seem less artificial?

Genuinely curious, as I write stories set in games.

Trim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the big surprise was the clip ?

Ok. I hope it does not mean a lack of story inside the game.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
how would that mean a lack of story in the game?

Not seeing the connection either, but I don't really expect what's in the game to be meaty anyway, especially after the comments from Bioware about how it's primarily just there as an introduction to "the world of Anthem". I'll be happy to eat a steaming pile of crow, but I am getting the feeling that what's there was simply done to try to placate the typical Bioware fan, or at least draw them in with the idea that it will be some top tier story that they are usually known for. I'm not playing it for the story aspect though, so whatever.

Anyway...

Oct 30, 2017
Harder as in enemies have more health and deal more damage?

I have a hard time believing that user. Playing the game on hard from the start doesn't make sense as you start out pretty weak with normal gears.

They're referring to the demo. I only played hard to and it wasn't that hard, unless the team was completely useless. But yeah in the main game you start at the very beginning so it's probably not as easy.

Trim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
how would that mean a lack of story in the game?
This generation we've seen plenty of games with big budget and very long dev time using others medias to tell a story supposed to be in the game (and failed to do so, because reasons).

I'm not only talking about Destiny here, but also FFXV for example. I hope Anthem is not one of them.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Following up on my previous post about Conviction:

ConvictionPoster_Final_Vertical_720.jpg

Badass poster for the short. The teaser is also available in high quality on YouTube now:

This looks awesome actually lol.

Im really looking forward to this game. I just hope that EA is willing to give this game the time it needs to actually thrive. Everything the devs have been saying regarding the future of Anthem sounds great, im just concerned that if it doesnt sell well enough right away EA will just move on.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Cancelled my preorder.

And ordered the Legion of Dawn version instead. :P

Anyone know how they will deliver the OST on Xbox? Only other time I got an OST with a digital console game was The Order: 1886 on PS4, and that came with an app you install that just copied the OST files onto a USB drive.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kinda hyped for the live action. Interested to see where it goes and what lore it deals with.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Ohh nice, liked the teaser... wonder if we can get that look on our javelins from that poster

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So about that person in the middle of the poster. And the ending of the teaser.

• There is a folk tale of the first cypher. It was a daughter of an Engineer, who "developed strange new abilities" not long after the Cataclysm. She could "see faraway things" or "talk directly into another's mind". Soon, Arcanists arrived and presented her with an experiment to help them test device that would amplify her gift. However, girl's mind "ventured too far from her body and became lost to the music of the Anthem of Creation". It is believed that "cyphers glimpse the engineer's daughter while in their amplifier".

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What did the major announcement turn out to be?
There's a live action short film in the Anthem world, set decades before the story in the game. Available 44 hours from now.

BTW, nobody said it was a major announcement. The PR company said it was BIG in a message they sent out to their subscribers.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Do people think the interceptor is going to be useless in endgame stuff? I really want to go interceptor first but not if I end up hampered endgame and my friends all shun me for storms and colossi.....

I just probably will only have time initially to rank one up properly.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Where is everyone getting this Anthem lore? Is there a singular video that would be easy to watch to catch up on this? I feel behind, and the game hasn't even come out yet lol

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do people think the interceptor is going to be useless in endgame stuff? I really want to go interceptor first but not if I end up hampered endgame and my friends all shun me for storms and colossi.....

Every javelin has its use ... And there is no way of telling anyway.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017

I don't think so. Interceptor has a debuff which will reduce enemy defense. I think that will really come in handy in a game like this.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how they will deliver the OST on Xbox? Only other time I got an OST with a digital console game was The Order: 1886 on PS4, and that came with an app you install that just copied the OST files onto a USB drive.
Since you link your account to Origin you should be able to download it from the Anthem Origin site. They already know what version you ordered (and if physical they know when you input the code to the console storefront) so it'll be a matter of directing to the proper page where (and when) the download is available.
That's how it worked for ME3 and ME:A, amongst other pubs games.
(Which reminds me... I don't think I ever dl'd the ME:A soundtrack heh)

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Plus Interceptor's ultimate makes them invincible for not an insignificant amount of time while only taking away the ability to fly. If nothing else, that would make them useful as a clutch rezzing machine.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Since you link your account to Origin you should be able to download it from the Anthem Origin site. They already know what version you ordered (and if physical they know when you input the code to the console storefront) so it'll be a matter of directing to the proper page where (and when) the download is available.
That's how it worked for ME3 and ME:A, amongst other pubs games.
(Which reminds me... I don't think I ever dl'd the ME:A soundtrack heh)
Nice - thanks!

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Have the devs made any comments on level progression and adjustments to it? In the demo I hit the demo level cap very quickly. Whenever I play a game with a character gaining levels, I don't like leveling too quickly, I like working towards new levelrs/unlocks etc. Just seems in the demo when you start at 10 you hit the cap really fast.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Rezzing cancels its ult, afaik.

Nope. I was rezzing left, right and centre, and still had my ult.

Interceptor was/will be my main, and I don't have any concerns regarding its viability in endgame.

Right, so how are people with EA Access/ Origin Access (not premiere), planning to use their 10 hours; spread out over the 15th - 21st, or all at once?

Also, anyone else 95% convinced that they'll preorder, but still going to try the 10 hours first?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Interceptor was/will be my main, and I don't have any concerns regarding its viability in endgame.

Right, so how are people with EA Access/ Origin Access (not premiere), planning to use their 10 hours; spread out over the 15th - 21st, or all at once?

Also, anyone else 95% convinced that they'll preorder, but still going to try the 10 hours first?

Gonna rush as fast as I can through the campaign. I wonder if theres a limit of how many main missions we can do with the Trial?

Hawkian

Oct 26, 2017

Two things,

One, Interceptor is the best javelin and if your friends shun you then you should shun them and in fact shun them, perhaps for years. I am guessing there will be multiple viable endgame builds for it because there's a lot of combo potential for groups with the rapid melee, or you could go all in on single target big damage, or a surprising amount of support with the maneuverability, Rally Cry, and invincibility during ult

Two, you don't level up Javelins per se at all, but rather your pilot, and unlock the additional javelins after your first choice at certain levels, and you can get gear for other javelins than the one you're playing on. So if you feel like playing another you can likely amass a decent amount of stuff to be able to eventually play another one when you want to just by playing on your main.

Rezzing cancels its ult, afaik.
DId you hear that they made that change somewhere? It definitely didn't in the demo and would be a baffling awful nonsense change :[
They said they nerfed that in the full game.
Man that sucks. I don't get that at all.

Do you at least get to perform a rez while invulnerable before losing it?

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Quick question regarding EA Access and the 15th

I pre-ordered the game, digitally via the Xbox store, like a week ago then decided to cancel and try the game via EA Access to to ensure everything works as it should and there are no game-breaking issues. With that being said, do I have to download some special EA Access client to be able to play on the 15th?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

It's going to be hard not to blow through the 10 hours in a day or 2. Safety first though, I'm not burning an hour or more when the servers go live 'cause it could be messy, probably leave it until morning UK time.

I'm only playing on PC as a trial for a hit to take me through to the 22nd on ps4... but I might cave and double-dip if I don't think I can hold out, it might be worth £10 a day just to stave off any tweaking, and then I can pick it up again if I run out of progress to make on console.

*shrug*

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Interceptor is extremely good at locking down and DPSing single targets. They're also good for Combo-ing and spreading the effect of the combo through mobs as they melee through them. Their Ult is also extremely high DPS that can be focused on one target or spread through many and last quite long. They'll be hard to play effectively at high levels but when done correctly should be quite effective.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Imo, it's going to be a bitch if they remove the invulnerability. In the demo, I was popping the 33% damage target scan on to Spider-Boss, and then hitting my ult, and meleeing Spider-Boss. Was a tried and tested method, *sigh*.

Btw, do we have a list of the differences between early access and launch? E.g. no mtx during early access etc?

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017

Gonna take my time since I love those first hours of complete unknown and exploring new MMO/Online game. If I like what I see after those 10 hours I'll simply upgrade to Origin Premium for one month to continue playing :)

Hawkian

Oct 26, 2017
Imo, it's going to be a bitch if they remove the invulnerability. In the demo, I was popping the 33% damage target scan on to Spider-Boss, and then hitting my ult, and meleeing Spider-Boss. Was a tried and tested method, *sigh*.
There's no way they're removing the invulnerability altogether, it is key to the gameplay for the class

Preventing rezzing during it I'm sure is a matter of either canceling you out of the ult when you do it (before or after the rez), or just taking away the ability to rez altogether while it's active

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna take my time since I love those first hours of complete unknown and exploring new MMO/Online game. If I like what I see after those 10 hours I'll simply upgrade to Origin Premium for one month to continue playing :)

Lucky git, lol. No EA access premiere on X1.

There's no way they're removing the invulnerability altogether, it is key to the gameplay for the class

Preventing rezzing during it I'm sure is a matter of either canceling you out of the ult when you do it (before or after the rez), or just taking away the ability to rez altogether while it's active

You mean if they decide to alter rezzing during ultimate.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

Btw, do we have a list of the differences between early access and launch? E.g. no mtx during early access etc?

They're not removing the invulnerability, they're removing the ability to repair teammates during Ults.

Status
Not open for further replies.