• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SofaJockey

Nov 19, 2017
UK
Some were getting start times 18hr later. But seeing multiple people say that restarting Origin fixes the time, so looking like an Origin time glitch and launch is still 14th: 10.30pm UTC. (probably)

Seems not. Handy chart:

Screenshot%202019-02-13%2021.48.55.png

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
It does? The only thing I've read and heard is that it scales based off of the number of players. It scaling in the two other ways you listed as well would be somewhat of a precedent wouldn't it?

Devs have talked about players of different level being able to play together without high level and super geared player rolfstomping everything as game scales him down to relatively same power as you are on level 17.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Nah, I understand what he's saying, as someone who likes to be competitive and be among the first to do things this early access sucks.
Think about us poor Xboxers who already PAID for the game and get kicked to the curb for a week after playing 10 hours. Dumbest shit EVER. Like I said before 10 hours in a looter shooter is the equivalent of a tutorial in other games

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Devs have talked about players of different level being able to play together without high level and super geared player rolfstomping everything as game scales him down to relatively same power as you are on level 17.

Hmm. Well, if this actually turns out to be true, then my initial assumption about the game being tuned to four players and "normalizing" their gear against the content (given people in disparate setups), which would be solely based off of four players was only somewhat accurate. Depending on how this actually works in practice, it sounds like it's going to scale very differently than I thought and it shouldn't be too bad. It does still sound like some people might end up really carrying the rest, but it doesn't sound like the disparity will be all that bad. This will make randoms a lot easier to deal with.

As far as levels go, I guess in the back of my mind that wasn't really a factor, since I was mainly concerned with level 30 and Hard or GM levels. Wasn't actually considering anyone lower being paired up, especially since you can't even do GM1 until 30 anyway correct?

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie, some of the things on the "that change is actually coming out on the 22nd" list makes paying extra cash to play the game early sound less appealing.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Well that was a waste of time. They really did not mention much at all. I still need to know if performance on "X" has been fixed and while they said walking speed in the hub is fixed, they did not say if it was for the 15th or 22nd. Earlier, like a week or two they said 22nd, but in this short, pointless livestream they did nto specify. Wish they answered more questions and spoke about more of the concerns like performance and stuff.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Well that was a waste of time. They really did not mention much at all. I still need to know if performance on "X" has been fixed and while they said walking speed in the hub is fixed, they did not say if it was for the 15th or 22nd. Earlier, like a week or two they said 22nd, but in this short, pointless livestream they did nto specify. Wish they answered more questions and spoke about more of the concerns like performance and stuff.
You can sprint in the full game. Some extra small improvements on the 22th.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
They also said before this stream that console performance was improved. We will have to see though what that exactly means on launch.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Part of the whole conceit of why we're doing this is to both build on the gameplay and the "looter/shooter" mechanics stuff in "Anthem" in a live service, but it's also to continue the story. It's to continue the narrative of the critical path, to tell new stories, to add new characters, to potentially add new areas in Fort Tarsis or new areas altogether to go to.

And back to my earlier response about what I'm excited for players to see, when you get a sense of the world and you get a sense of the scale and that Fort Tarsis is just one place ... you get a sense of the overall history and context. Your mind starts to go to, "I really wonder what the capital of this other province is," and "I really wonder what the northernmost fort closest to the Dominion is up against."

That allows us to seed the ground and pay some stuff off later, but also it allows us to look at what the community is really into and see where they want to go next, and what they want to do. So we can tailor some of the live service towards that stuff.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/anth...ble-interview-2019-2/?international=true&r=US

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am so pumped for this game its unreal. I can't even explain it properly, this isn't necessarily my usual thing at all. The more I see the more I'm pumped lol.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Even though we got a slightly delayed launch time for Early Access, I still think its about time to drop the OT. Other games launching this Friday like Metro and Crackdown already have their OT's up... so it's time for Anthem to get the OT treatment I think.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. I am off to bed tho. So i miss those first pages. Wich are probably gonna be drive by central also. :P

MrWhite

Nov 28, 2017
Netherlands
Man I'm so hyped for this! Friday is going to be rad. After that, I'll have to wait again :(

Sorry if old but can I pre-load the game on EA Acces on X1X? I don't seem to find the answer...

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
So they added enemy arrow indicators to let you know enemies might be off screen, despite the fact that they were never hard to find in the first place since they already showed up on the compass anyway? Unless it is more of a proximity indicator instead of just a general notification that enemies are "around".

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they said that the intensity of the arrow colour and its size will let you know how close the off-screen danger is.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Menu UI is a lot cleaner and easier to use.

As we're on a new page; Unlock times for Early Access on Origin have changed:
The new times are:
3pm UTC/GMT (UK Time)
4pm CET
10am EST
7am PST
12am JST
2am AEDT

Countdown to Early Access:
t1550242800z0.png

Countdown to Worldwide Launch:

t1550811600z0.png

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it got pushed back a day

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, EA did not think this through. It's not Madden or a game that will be done in 20 hours. GaaS games are about the community and nothing is worse than giving special people an early start. The game should launch at the same time for everyone. Period.

MMO's have done this for as long as I can remember. ESO is doing it this year, pre-order the expansion and you get to play x amount of days early. This is nothing new in this realm.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
MMO's have done this for as long as I can remember. ESO is doing it this year, pre-order the expansion and you get to play x amount of days early. This is nothing new in this realm.

Sure, but pre-order perks in arguably the most successful multiplayer-oriented games/MMOs don't result in muddied full release windows of a week or more. EA and another company or two I think have been pretty egregious on what they can push on this front, especially with full cost titles, that it detracts from the experience.

Compared to say, getting a preload in to play immediately at midnight vs. buying a boxed copy in the morning or even attending a physical midnight release event.

Anyway the thing I came here to post was that the biggest word I'd describe my thoughts about Anthem is cautious. Not overly optimistic or pessimistic, but pretty solidly in the middle. Just don't know enough right now and I've been burned enough times by BioWare in the past that I'm not riding a hype train, but I don't think it looks absolutely horrid either. Only the fully released product will be enough to tell if it's good, and that question has to be asked a month or more down the line repeatedly, because if the endgame is lacking and/or not built upon, there's no reason to invest much money or time in the product with the competition that exists unless you really like the specific aesthetic more.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
So can we no longer get EA access for $1? I was thinking of just doing that and maxing out my ten hours before buying the game proper, but not seeing the option anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.