• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The missions are dull and repetitive. There's the framework for a good game there, but I'm not convinced it actually is a good game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
60-70 range
Core game is very good, but surrounding systems and features and content is lacking. Lots of potential, but a poor start.

This is how it will go overall.

Riboflavin

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I don't know why anyone would expect this to be anything other than mediocre at best.

BioWare hasn't made a competitive game since KotOR. Somehow their clunky, dated games were given a pass for the entirety of the seventh generation and then some but it seems their games are finally no longer being graded on a curve.

Oct 26, 2017
Thisis something I thought on for a little. I think Fallout 76 burned out a lot of the general goodwill gamers had for the industry, and reveiewers might be not as lientient as they were in the past on companies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why anyone would expect this to be anything other than mediocre at best.

BioWare hasn't made a competitive game since KotOR. Somehow their clunky, dated games were given a pass for the entirety of the seventh generation and then some but it seems their games are finally no longer being graded on a curve.
It's not mediocre, imo.

It's a very good game with some terrible design choices and a lack of content, all of which can be fixed over time.

Not saying that's good in itself, but it isn't mediocre.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alternately, some of us played the demo and have been watching streamers play the game for the last few days and are subsequently unsurprised by the scores.

Game will be fine, but I have seen absolutely nothing over the last few days that made me think the game was demonstrably better (gameplay expereience) than it was in the demo. I liked the demo enough to buy the game at a deep discount, but I was not under any delusions that the game was going to be an 8 or 9/10. I will enjoy it like the Crackdown 3 apologists are having fun playing Crackdown despite it having glaring, ugly flaws. Won't be the first game that had a lot of issues that I found enjoyment in.
If anything the full experience is lowering my relatively positive impressions of the demo, technical issues aside, because all the padding for these boring story missions before I can get to the missions that give me good loot is killing me.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Destiny 1 again, good core gameplay but not much to do with it. Hopefully like Destiny they'll turn it into something worthwhile

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah. A circle jerk of confirmation bias and negativity.
The game is what it is, but I REALLY don't like see people saying this will be the end of Bioware.

I want Bioware around a long, long time. While they aren't exactly in their glory days, they still have more than enough talent to make incredible new games and their unique brand of RPG storycrafting isn't something I want to see go away anytime soon.

Anthem is what it is, but when it comes to Bioware...
200.gif

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn what a start!

Well, these publishers should always know they can't brute force a critical darling with marketing dollars and flash. They're gonna go hard to make this a success on the marketplace though.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
The game is what it is, but I REALLY don't like see people saying this will be the end of Bioware.

I want Bioware around a long, long time. While they aren't exactly in their glory days, they still have more than enough talent to make incredible new games and their unique brand of RPG storycrafting isn't something I want to see go away anytime soon.

Anthem is what it is, but when it comes to Bioware...
200.gif

I don't think Bioware will worry about this, this will still sell well, there is a market for a looter shooter game

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I was originally thinking of getting this on launch and enjoyed what I played during the beta. I was apprehensive the closer to launch we got and the issues I was seeing hadn't been dealt with properly or other things were coming to light. Think I hold out a bit and see how the first couple months go.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
I think MS would pay handsomely for a studio like Bioware, given that they now have ample experience on designing games based on scummy monetization practices.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Holy crap..
This is not looking good so far but from all the load screen complaining etc I'm not that surprised.

I expected around an 8.

I have not played this yet in any form and it looks like it might be a while before I do.
Full price and microtransactions is not ok in my book either.