• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Also a good point, though Destiny 2 is somehow sitting at a a pretty 85% MC.

There was a decent 3-4 week honey moon period with it before everyone realized how much was changed/gutted/etc. Heck, I had a blast at first but once Calus went down there was nothing left for me.

The issue with Anthem, for me, is it didn't come close to even those first 3-4 weeks of Destiny 2 (or The Division, or Destiny 1) and I managed to see "everything" within...4 days of early release?

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
just imagine if this was a single player RPG with the exact same progression system and gameplay but this time with an actual good and deep plot and characters

i would bet you my entire life's saving it would've been the best game ever

what a waste

what a fucking waste

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Some of you are being utterly ridiculous.

Every game of this type that was a first attempt released with the same issues, and almost all of them grew into good games. Not an excuse for the flaws, but this is the history of these games.

Anthem will do the same.

If anything that's more damning. You have multiple games to use as 'GaaS' examples, or "What not to do" guide. Destiny 1/2, Division, and even smaller examples as more and more games have a 'GaaS' component.

Not only that, Anthem has had a six year dev cycle, and yet there are basic fundamental problems with this game that many other games have solved

• Not being able to swap powers/equipment outside of town, especially when you get a rare drop in a dungeon. If I had a good piece drop after a mid-boss, I'd want to equip it to give me that extra shove to beat the final boss
  • Not having GM1-3 exclusive rewards, or a much higher drop rate for legendary parts, to at least make up for a lack of raid content
  • Multiple load screens that are 3+ minutes for base consoles. There's no excuse for this. Not even MHW had this bad of load times
  • You would thing with a pedigree like Bioware, with ME and DA under it's belt, with six years in the oven, could write a better story and characters. The "Ancient Precurser Alien Artifacts that someone evil dude has co-opted" plot line they have reused over the years is stale. KOTOR, DA3, ME, ME:A all use this basic frame work, and the fact they can't seem write anything past that is something that should be held against the

Let me stress, Bioware had six years make and ship this game, and saying that we as consumers need to hold out until "Year 7" for the game to finally be acceptable, isn't an excuse that flies anymore.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How is a "very poilshed game"=no bugs, are you serious?
"Shit happens bud, it will get fixed." Lol ok. it's a waste of time talking with you, you're on cloud nine.

If you can't deal with bugs don't buy ANY of these types of games at launch, hell that could extend to just about every game now a days.

Shit comes up when you have 1000s playing that don't happen when people bug test. Yes in a perfect world a game would launch bug free but that's not how the world is. The key is how long it take to fix them and as it is they seem to be extremely quick on it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
just imagine if this was a single player RPG with the exact same progression system and gameplay but this time with an actual good and deep plot and characters

i would bet you my entire life's saving it would've been the best game ever

what a waste

what a fucking waste
Shit launch, no doubt.

But this game is designed to be episodic, content will release over time (and all story content is free). And they will add features, fixes, etc...

So take a look back in 6 months and you might find what you're looking for.

If anything that's more damning. You have multiple games to use as 'GaaS' examples, or "What not to do" guide. Destiny 1/2, Division, and even smaller examples as more and more games have a 'GaaS' component.

Not only that, Anthem has had a six year dev cycle, and yet there are basic fundamental problems with this game that many other games have solved

• Not being able to swap powers/equipment outside of town, especially when you get a rare drop in a dungeon. If I had a good piece drop after a mid-boss, I'd want to equip it to give me that extra shove to beat the final boss
  • Not having GM1-3 exclusive rewards, or a much higher drop rate for legendary parts, to at least make up for a lack of raid content
  • Multiple load screens that are 3+ minutes for base consoles. There's no excuse for this. Not even MHW had this bad of load times
  • You would thing with a pedigree like Bioware, with ME and DA under it's belt, with six years in the oven, could write a better story and characters. The "Ancient Precurser Alien Artifacts that someone evil dude has co-opted" plot line they have reused over the years is stale. KOTOR, DA3, ME, ME:A all use this basic frame work, and the fact they can't seem write anything past that is something that should be held against the

Let me stress, Bioware had six years make and ship this game, and saying that we as consumers need to hold out until "Year 7" for the game to finally be acceptable, isn't an excuse that flies anymore.
I agree, it's a shit launch. That doesn't change the reality of how people flock to these games.

Anthem's going to do just fine if Bioware support it fast and well enough. Many of the people fussing now will come back in a few months when the inevitable "Anthem is now a good game" press gets circulated.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not, this is early access. You can rightly critique that if you want to as the launch was a fucking mess, but the official launch is set as the 22nd. Remember, ps4 doesn't even have access right now, and x-box only has a 10 hour trial.

It's only PC that has a full access.

The game is being sold early if you want to play it early, it is out.

Xbox One players can play as well.

Sorry, but it is this kind of semantics that gets me upset. And in no way shape or form was the ability to play early labelled as a beta or test, and if it was then that is absolutely offensive that they would charge you extra to play their broken game early.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The game is being sold early if you want to play it early, it is out.

Xbox One players can play as well.

Sorry, but it is this kind of semantics that gets me upset. And in no way shape or form was the ability to play early labelled as a beta or test, and if it was then that is absolutely offensive that they would charge you extra to play their broken game early.

It's not semantics mate, and I literally said the launch is a mess and you're right to critique it.

The full launch is not until the 22nd, that's a fact. Until then one platform has limited access, and the most popular platform has 0 access.

It's early access right now, that doesn't mean I'm excusing anything so no need to get upset at all. The game was listed as premiere = early access to the game for ages.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've increasingly noticed this as of late as well, you should check out incredible PR fluff piece in this thread that's currently going on, it's quite rich. The dude is off his rocker and quite delusional if you ask me lol...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG..._believe_the_hate_anthem_is_awesome_and_well/
The first three points seem like fanboy wishes but the last three are pretty fair. The tomb quest was blown out of proportion (due to a bug, which is still BW's fault), the load times sound like they'll be addressed, and Bioware has been extremely responsive, which is better than you can say for a lot of other devs. This could just mean they knew they were gonna have to deal with a shitstorm and were ready for it, but it's still true, haha.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not semantics mate, and I literally said the launch is a mess and you're right to critique it.

The full launch is not until the 22nd, that's a fact. Until then one platform has limited access, and the most popular platform has 0 access.

It's early access right now, that doesn't mean I'm excusing anything so no need to get upset at all.

This isn't early access like on Steam or Game Preview, this is a higher priced version that is trying to make extra money off of customers. The Day One patch should have been there for those people who paid extra or early access should have begun this Friday and the full launch next Friday.

So not only are we getting time gated early releases that cost more, but those early releases are even more broken than the actual wide release version.

This is getting out of hand really quickly.

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
Im enjoying a lot of aspects of the game, but to be honest the things im not enjoying seem like they should have been easily identified and fixed. The movement/navigation through fort tarsis for example and how things that should have just been a simple menu option are now a long walk (like the daily challenges)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't early access like on Steam or Game Preview, this is a higher priced version that is trying to make extra money off of customers. The Day One patch should have been there for those people who paid extra or early access should have begun this Friday and the full launch next Friday.

So not only are we getting time gated early releases that cost more, but those early releases are even more broken than the actual wide release version.

This is getting out of hand really quickly.
As I said, the launch is a mess and you're right to critique it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not 100% convinced it'll be able to sustain a healthy player base. (Hope I'm wrong as I like the idea and I want BW to continually improve it)
If Bioware support it fast enough it will do fine, if they don't they could find this is the first real fail of the AAA GaaS.

EDIt: rendering done, going to actually play Anthem now. Thanks to everyone who discussed things civilly!

Oct 30, 2017
If Bioware support it fast enough it will do fine, if they don't they could find this is the first real fail of the AAA GaaS.

EDIt: rendering done, going to actually play Anthem now. Thanks to everyone who discussed things civilly!

I'm definitely hoping they do! (Hope you enjoy Anthem, I'm still not sure if I want to grab it at launch or not)

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking agree with you.... lol. The game is lacking in the ways you mentioned, that has literally nothing to do with our conversation though.

You literally said "Pleas show me one person who has said that. Literally anywhere. "

What are you even doing....

First of all the conversation started due to my response refuting the following statement made by another user:

plus the massive open world that puts destiny to shame

In response I refuted this claim by summarizing all the ways in which the open world in Anthem is a massive step back from Destiny's open worlds:

Man NO. The "open world" present in this game so far is so disjointed, empty and boring. When it comes to sheer size it's bigger than any of Destiny's environments but it's also incredibly one note. Destiny's environments at least have some genuine aesthetic variety. I can't see how anyone thinks flying around in the exact same setting/environment is better than exploring a variety of different environments. Not to mention the worlds in Destiny at least have some genuine variance in encounter or world design. Nothing I saw in a Anthem seems especially varied or new in the open world past the first short bit of exploration unless I'm somehow missing that there are different biomes to explore. I don't understand how anyone could look at Anthem's open world and say it's better than Destiny in anything but sheer size which frankly is the selling point I think everyone is sick and tired of hearing at this point.

You then chimed in with this in response to that refutation stating that my comments regarding the open world and it lacking in variety in setting and encounter design:

Which is your opinion, but almost everyone outside of the internet (and this is anecdotal, ofc), the more casual folk, have said pretty much unanimously "this is what Destiny promised when they said if you see it you can go there" (hugely paraphrasing, ofc, but this is the gist).

I do believe the average gamer will enjoy this game just for the flying and combat, enough for sales to be strong enough to give it the life line it needs to prove itself. Whether it proves it self is another thing entirely...

I replied asking you to show me where anyone says Anthem is what destiny promised it would be and restating that my observations were not opinions but actually statements of fact either they were wrong or right and asking you to refute my statements directly:

Please show me one person who has said that. Literally anywhere.

How is it an opinion that Anthem's open world is a single biome with absolutely no variance in encounter and world design after the first few hours of exploration? Either it is or it isn't there is no opinion there. So tell me am I mistaken? Is there more than one biome? Is there variation in encounter and world design after the first few hours of open world exploration? Because I've yet to hear a single person claim otherwise.

You then completely glossed over the entire second part of that response and pointed me to YOUTUBE COMMENTS to prove your point that people say it's the game Destiny promised it would be :
I can't show you because they're outside the internet... lol.

These are work colleagues, friends, nephews, etc... people who don't speak online. And I said it's anecdotal.

There are comments like this all over the internet too, though, the opinion is divided, not set.

EDIT: here are some people on a random YT vid I found looking for info on something, read the comments - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puoNlqGdTXk
Even ignoring the fact you're citing YouTube comments as proof of "everyone in real life says" as far as I can see none of the YouTube comments say that and instead say things praising the gameplay or flying. I decided to restate the initial questions in my post to you that refused to respond to:

You didn't answer my questions. None of my statements were opinions. Either they are correct or wrong so which is it? Is there more than one biome or not? Is there variety in the encounter and world design past the first few hours of open world exploration or not?

And then your response to those questions was this:

Those things don't matter to some as much as they do to you, as is evident from the positive chatter.

Again refusing to actually answer the questions and instead opting to minimize those observations by referring to ambiguous obvious chatter.

So no those questions have everything to do with my post and our conversation they are just clearly questions you don't want to answer and would rather dismiss or downplay stating they are either not the point or are irrelevant to everyone "outside the internet" despite them being the entire damn post of my original post. So stop trying to characterize me as the problem here when it is your attempts to reframe the narrative here away from the negative criticism of the game is clear as day.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I personally don't think EA were willing to put in the effort or support required to really get this game to a quality place.

I think games of this scope need a big investment to get it to be considered great or excellent and it looks to me like EA weren't willing to commit or take the risk.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Also a good point, though Destiny 2 is somehow sitting at a a pretty 85% MC.

That is a fair assessment of D2 for a day/week 1 casual player. Most of the complaints do not impact such players which is not the case with Anthem. Then again, considering a large portion of players never even finished D2's story it might not really matter.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Frostbite is terrible for sports games, there's so much shit in FIFA for example that is simply a factor cause of Frostbite and that affects gameplay.

Admittedly i dont have much experience with the general sports games, only fifa and madden but they seem to work wel in that loading is relatively fast and theres so issues of stuttering, screen tear, etc. Alot of fifas problems always comes down to the physics, atleast for me.

I really hope respawn continue to use source engine, because frostbite really is hot garbage and source runs like butter. You make billions of dollars per year EA, if you want to use an inhouse engine to keep that 30% cut thats cool, but take that 30% to an engine that can actually support open world games.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
First of all the conversation started due to my response refuting the following statement made by another user:

In response I refuted this claim by summarizing all the ways in which the open world in Anthem is a massive step back from Destiny's open worlds:

You then chimed in with this in response to that refutation stating that my comments regarding the open world and it lacking in variety in setting and encounter design:

I replied asking you to show me where anyone says Anthem is what destiny promised it would be and restating that my observations were not opinions but actually statements of fact either they were wrong or right and asking you to refute my statements directly:

You then completely glossed over the entire second part of that response and pointed me to YOUTUBE COMMENTS to prove your point that people say it's the game Destiny promised it would be :

Even ignoring the fact you're citing YouTube comments as proof of "everyone in real life says" as far as I can see none of the YouTube comments say that and instead say things praising the gameplay or flying. I decided to restate the initial questions in my post to you that refused to respond to:

And then your response to those questions was this:

Again refusing to actually answer the questions and instead opting to minimize those observations by referring to ambiguous obvious chatter.

So no those questions have everything to do with my post and our conversation they are just clearly questions you don't want to answer and would rather dismiss or downplay stating they are either not the point or are irrelevant to everyone "outside the internet" despite them being the entire damn post of my original post. So stop trying to characterize me as the problem here when it is your attempts to reframe the narrative here away from the negative criticism of the game is clear as day.
What the hell?

You're being ridiculous. I replied to you saying other people think this open world is actually "what Desitny promised", you asked me to find you a single comment literally anywhere that said what I claimed, and I did.

The questions you asked had nothing to do with our specific thread of conversion.

That's it. That was the conversation, and the thread you just quoted literally shows that....

I agree with you, but this IS subjective mate.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not still saying that... the very next line literally says I'm not saying what you imply I am. This is the THIRD time you've not read the post properly, what is happening?

Holy shit! Then delete you first two sections. You don't just say shit, then say you didn't mean that by contradicting yourself a post later.

Just don't say it all then or recognize that you said it.

I'm not implying.

Here I'll quote you again so I don't offend you.

Warframe, The Division, Destiny.... all of them started off with this level of critique for various reason and grew beyond it. This is nothing new, and people expecting different just because it was Bioware had expectations waaaay off the norm.

Again, not saying this is a good thing, but this is how these GaaS go.

Release in a lacking state -> grow beyond it.

Anthem has one saving grace in that all futuer story DLC will be free, but unless they really pull some great support out the hat from day 1 I very much doubt many people here will stick with it.

So it could buck the trend, or it could grow beyond what people here think it's possible of reaching, but only time will tell.

Your saying exactly what I told you are saying, "but that's how these GaaS go".

Your approving of the lack of quality because it's a GaaS title and its completely normal to release a game in a "lacking state" implying people should have a minimal expectation.

Go ahead, reply to me again and tell me how I'm wrong and can't read when I've shown you exactly what your saying.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit! Then delete you first two sections. You don't just say shit, then say you didn't mean that by contradicting yourself a sentence later.
That's.... not how language works.

Your initial claim was that I was dismissing people's concerns. I wasn't, I was stating the reality of how these things work and that I agree it's a fucking mess. You then:
- Didn't read my post and replied.
- You then selectively quoted my comment and replied.
- You then edited your comment AFTER I replied to it and moved the goalpost.

I have no idea what you're doing at this point, please take a breath and read the thread once more.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell?

You're being ridiculous. I replied to you saying other people think this open world is actually "what Desitny promised", you asked me to find you a single comment literally anywhere that said what I claimed, and I did.

The questions you asked had nothing to do with our specific thread of conversion.

That's it. That was the conversation, and the thread you just quoted literally shows that....

I agree with you, but this IS subjective mate.
Nah. Not even. It's clear you've done the same with other conversations you've been having in this thread. Others are calling you out for similar misrepresentation, attempted reframing or just generally trying to dismiss/habdwave away issues they have with the game. I think it's crystal clear between the two of us who here is being ridiculous in their responses in this thread.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Not even. It's clear you've done the same with other conversations you've been having in this thread. Others are calling you out for similar misrepresentation, attempted reframing or just generally trying to dismiss/habdwave away issues they have with the game. I think it's crystal clear between the two of us who here is being ridiculous in their responses in this thread.

My posts exist and prove your claim is utterly false. Unless you selectively quote them or fail to read them properly. Two of you are failing reading comprehension pretty damn hard, everyone else is doing fine.

But you do what you want. :)

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
After the Day 1 patch disappoints I can see the talk shift to wait for 'Act 1 in March', the fundamentals of the game are not going to change a week, month, or months from now.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
After the Day 1 patch disappoints I can see the talk shift to wait for 'Act 1 in March', the fundamentals of the game are not going to change a week, month, or months from now.

Oh trust me, if this goes like other GaaS, it will be a fun game of slip and slide of goal posts and the next "wait until" dates. Now if the game systems were as inventive as the excuses...

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I've increasingly noticed this as of late as well, you should check out incredible PR fluff piece in this thread that's currently going on, it's quite rich. The dude is off his rocker and quite delusional if you ask me lol...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG..._believe_the_hate_anthem_is_awesome_and_well/

Oi, I recognize that guy!
bagdad-bob.jpg

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
Im enjoying a lot of aspects of the game, but to be honest the things im not enjoying seem like they should have been easily identified and fixed. The movement/navigation through fort tarsis for example and how things that should have just been a simple menu option are now a long walk (like the daily challenges)

Regarding the daily challenges, I think you can just view them in your journal (J for PC and back for controller) and see in the challenge tab. I dont think it's necessary to go to the hourglasses in the Fort to activate them in your journal. I could be wrong though but I remember completing daily challenges without ever viewing the hourglasses.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
We know what the Day 1 patch is already, it's not content it's bug fixes.

EDIT: I've been drawn back in, damn you all! - Escaping once more...

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Why astroturf when your fans do it for you, for free?

It's true. Not trying to insinuate people defending this game are anything. So present company excluded. But it's true that astroturfing is not the latest and social marketing. Internet denizens now have a natural sense for how ideas/opinions prevail on the internet. A natural sense, but not openly talked about/recognized. This can be taken advantage of.

Oct 30, 2017
That's.... not how language works.

Your initial claim was that I was dismissing people's concerns. I wasn't, I was stating the reality of how these things work and that I agree it's a fucking mess. You then:
- Didn't read my post and replied.
- You then selectively quoted my comment and replied.
- You then edited your comment AFTER I replied to it and moved the goalpost.

I have no idea what you're doing at this point, please take a breath and read the thread once more.

Lol selectively quoted. Like you literally just did with my entire post calling you out on your bullshit.

I at least want back and provided your full quote for context.

I edited like one word in my post. Go show me where I completely altered any meaning in my post to you. You gotta be something special with the amount of arguing your doing in this thread.

You're dismissing by exactly what you said in the bolded parts of your quote from my post.

Here's the edit warning for you so you don't get all upset over it

You saying it's the reality of GaaS is dismissing in itself. It's only the reality because devs get away with it.

Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time a day one patch made substantial changes to address criticisms folk have?

I feel like the excuse gets trotted out for a bunch of games and never amounts to much.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time a day one patch made substantial changes to address criticisms folk have?

I feel like the excuse gets trotted out for a bunch of games and never amounts to much.
We know what's in it: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/as5jnd/day_one_update_details/

Just got sent these by PR. Don't have any inside info, just got the email (I'm press) and thought I'd share. (Thanks for the gold, kind anonymous redditor!)
Day One Update Details
High level fixes
Improved loading times
Fixed many infinite loading screens
Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly
A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash
Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers​
General Fixes and Improvements
Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly play during the end of expedition screen.
The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations
At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on "Recording Victories" or "Skipping All".
Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin
During the mission "What Freelancers Do" dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed
Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels
Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes
Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board
Some enemies have had their shield values decreased
Loot now properly drops for players who are downed
The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved
Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen
Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to prevent griefing and to handle disconnections properly
Players can no longer fall through the floor during the 3rd trial in the Fortress of Dawn
Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance
After disconnecting, rejoining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously
Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
Corrected an issue during the Mission "Bad Deal" where outlaws won't spawn, blocking progress
The start of expedition screen has been improved
Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events
Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaire progress for all squad members present
Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield
Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations
Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the "Finding Old Friends" mission while the cinematic is playing
Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay
Increased the damage of the electric status effect
Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations
The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended
Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans​
Strongholds
Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss
Temple of Scar - Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room
Temple of Scar - Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall
Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team
Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit
The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations
Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations​
Gear and Weapons
After having 1st pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang
Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear
Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly
Players can no longer salvage equipped items
Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren't intended for
Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions
The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip​
Javelins
The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon
The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up
Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm's ultimate attack to be used more times than intended
The Colossus javelin can now shield and revive at the same time
Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component​
Crafting
Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork​
Controls
Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made​
UI
Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed
The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player
Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often
Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One
Motion blur can now correctly be turned off
The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly
An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD
The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations
A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player's vault is at the cap of 250 items
On the "Repair the Strider" step of "A Cry for Help" the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools
Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear
Corrected a user interface issue where a player's ultimate would show as available when it isn't​

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
My son and I have been having a blast playing this and the day one patch is addressing the issues most of which neither of us have experienced. Gotta say I'm really tired of people acting all outraged like Angry Joe it's really immature.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I think, possibly, the damaging flaw in Anthem is the loot system. If it was super fun and rewarding, I suspect people would power through all the flaws. and I think it's the reason the positive early impressions slowly but surely turn neutral or negative.

It's a beautiful game and can be really fun, but for me the loot hook was broken and I got bored fast as a result.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. I've seen several people (clearly more than 2) in this thread already who've gone down the same path over him misrepresenting his position and the worst kind of disingenuous arguing. He's great at making it seem like he didn't say what he's clearly saying several posts per page. I think this insistence is clear signal that people should not engage him anymore.