• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Anthem's story trailer was revealed, giving our first look at the Dominion and the main villain, The Monitor.

The Dominion's part in the story:
"They believe the way to keep people safe is to keep them well-heeled, keep everyone on a short leash," said Anthem creative director Jonathan Warner during a presentation to press this morning. "That's their objective—they want to bring peace through force."

More on:
https://kotaku.com/bioware-wants-you-to-know-that-story-is-a-priority-for-1830921216

Ign press briefing:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/07/anthem-story-trailer-reveals-new-villain

Comparisons to Destiny and interview by Entertainment:
https://ew.com/gaming/2018/12/06/anthem-director-story-destiny-comparisons/

Also, it seems they moved the demo up for preorders for the 25th January while everyone who hasn't gets the demo on the 1st of February.

Edit: Added some story info of Dominion and link to Kotaku
Edit2: Added more links

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this isn't bait and switch like Destiny where trailers didn't give a glimpse of the story in hindsight but all of it. Because this looks interesting.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this isn't bait and switch like Destiny where trailers didn't give a glimpse of the story in hindsight but all of it. Because this looks interesting.
I think with EA's access program that'll be a bit tougher. My plan was to preview the game that way doing a month of either access or premium before deciding if its worth it. But yeah really hoping its good

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Pleasantly surprised by the trailer, felt nothing for the game until now.

Good thing I got into the alpha after all

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Their confidence in this game is turning me on to it a good bit. Really want to try it out.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Cool trailer but it's hard to be exited for a game that's being made first and foremost to please investors.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Damn that looks great. I've been excited but still a bit wary. Hoping this knocks it out of the park.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Looking great. An actual story with characters unlike division/destiny. Them actually showing the people you're fighting to protect is an encouraging sign.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I've never been worried about the story, even in a Online Co-Op game such as this from BioWare. They are the same ones that made SWTOR and SWTOR has an amazing story. And, that's the problem. SWTOR feels like a SP game as opposed to an MMO. And, the actual MP content just isn't enough for that type of crowd. I'd be more worried about whether Anthem has enough content to satisfy the Online Co-Op crowd.

OP
OP
KrAzY

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
I've never been worried about the story, even in a Online Co-Op game such as this from BioWare. They are the same ones that made SWTOR and SWTOR has an amazing story. And, that's the problem. SWTOR feels like a SP game as opposed to an MMO. And, the actual MP content just isn't enough for that type of crowd. I'd be more worried about whether Anthem has enough content to satisfy the Online Co-Op crowd.
Yeh, I enjoyed SWTOR a lot as SP though sometimes doing dungeons were nice especially the conversations but people ended up skipping to speed run lol, I remember at launch the game suffered cause of end game. Wonder how they'll handle this. The kotaku article mentions aggressive updates but yeh, the launch content we gotta see... Shaper storms and the Elder game as they put it.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know who the actor's name was that provided the voice over narration for the trailer? It sounds SO FAMILIAR and I cannot place it.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Such a boring trailer, don't know what you guys are seeing but it looks super generic, it's like destiny but with an evil bad guy oh no.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I really hope this game turns out well. It looks pretty great from the trailers, but I've been disappointed with all of its indirect predecessors (Division, Destiny 2).

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered for PC from Best Buy. So we are going to get an Origin demo code from them? Not sure how this is going to work.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
I think this trailer is a much better sell that other previous trailers, but Destiny had a good "story" trailer too so there is that. Not that I expect much of a story from a looter shooter to begin with.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yes - I'm waiting for all of the detractors to eat some crow.

Finna be the sickest.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everything looks generic as hell but the music is sublime

Gives me Anihilation vibes, love it

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, this game gets less interesting with every trailer for me. It feels so generic and it looks like EA-Destiny.

Deleted member 34239

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
The trailer is okay but all gameplay footage I've seen so far is at best boring. I don't have high expectations for this game. EA is supposed to be a trend setter yet, the only area they're leading the pack in is their ability to syphon money from the wallets of their fanbase through predatory practices.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
It certainly looks like the best playing game they've ever made (low bar? maybe). don't know about everything else yet though...

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
That was a great story trailer, with the twist of the villain narrating it. Seems he used to be a part of the Taris squad if he keeps talking about "us" when talking about Taris?

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Everything looks generic as hell but the music is sublime

Gives me Anihilation vibes, love it

Bioware is known for their story telling which is where I'm hoping a lot of time for this game went. But that trailer was the definition of generic!!! The villain sounded generic as hell!!!! I'm hoping the story actually matters and stands up.