• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the bigger news is Kingdom Hearts III above Fallout.

Or Jump Force above Smash.

What's going on?

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
So Microsoft's conference, and Smash Bros. TLOU2 and Spiderman probably would've been knocked off by Pokemon and COD.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Anthem is on equal footing with cyberpunk in terms of excitement for me. Gonna be a hit.

Oct 28, 2017
Guess I could also be somewhat surprised halo infinite and gears 5 isn't there either. Halo infinite looked mighty impressive to me. Can't wait to see more.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too many people don't know the adage "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
IGN is just one subset of the gaming community. This tells you more about IGN's audience than it does about the popularity of these games.

Toxik

Banned
May 22, 2018
Not surprising, us gamers hate ourselves.

But seriously all I hear and see on the internet is CYBERPUNK!!!! hardly anything about Anthem in comaparison. Weird.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly I'm surprised that CP2077 is that high to begin with on a site as mainstream as IGN. All the other titles are basically super mainstream or continuations of long running fan favorite series

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This surprises me...

But doesn't mean much, Jump Force its not going to sell more than Spiderman or AC Odyssey, lol.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Very surprising, but I suppose it had a lot of contributing factors that helped it like being one of the first e3 games shown, it's multi platform, its a new RPG online co-op shooter like Destiny/Division, it's from a big Developer, it's pretty and it had a good showing last e3 and didn't add to it since leaving people very curious. Considering Cyberpunk was so close and is getting praised all around it'll likely stay close or switch to Cyberpunk by next week.

All the same I don't think what they showed off at E3 this time around was ground breaking or worthy of long term discussion. There's still room for them to prove the value of the game, mostly in showing off progression & end-game replayability, but so far there's no huge red flags turning people away (Other than lack of PvP and being an EA game).

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Anthem and Cyberpunk are gonna be the next big things. Watch.

Some people were a bit annoyed that other people said the 2077 trailer reminded them of GTA. I on the other hand was so fucking happy to hear people make that kind of comparison. Because if CDPR can manage to make a hardcore rpg in a freaking cyberpunk setting, and then market that shit effectively and get the kind of people who play gta interested. Then holy shit will the salesnumbers be a thing of beauty

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, it does look bad!

But people saw Goku vs Naruto and lost their shit, as expected.

Not surprised to see Anthem at the top. It's gonna be huge.

It's basically mainstream appeal in a nutshell. Doesn't have to be a mechanically good game, or look visually amazing. You just need the basic elements that the mainstream audience knows and loves lol

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Some people were a bit annoyed that other people said the 2077 trailer reminded them of GTA. I on the other hand was so fucking happy to hear people make that kind of comparison. Because if CDPR can manage to make a hardcore rpg in a freaking cyberpunk setting, and then market that shit effectively and get the kind of people who play gta interested. Then holy shit will the salesnumbers be a thing of beauty

Agreed. Anthem will be what that trash Destiny was supposed to be, and Cyberpunk is going to be GOTY whenever it launches no matter the competition.