• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Thank god.
How come he wasn't in Civil War? Just busy with other projects?
His absence stood out to me.

I believe the writers made the decision not to include him because they didn't feel it would be right having him pick a side in a situation like that and it would be yet another character they would need to write some sort of arc around. Why is he there? Who does he agree with? How does he impact the story?

Plus, with S.H.I.E.L.D. no longer being a public organization and with Fury not being involved with it either way, it probably wouldn't make sense for him to come out of hiding for that.

But I'll be curious to see his reaction to all of that in Infinity War.

Oct 28, 2017
This is going to be an unpopular opinion: I think this scene will (unintendedly) symbolize the oversaturation of comic book films and its inevitable downfall from the film industry.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This is going to be an unpopular opinion: I think this scene will (unintendedly) symbolize the oversaturation of comic book films and its inevitable downfall from the film industry.

I think the next MCU films (BP, IW, The Wasp, Captain Marvel, A4) will do the opposite - refocus to new characters, new demographics and bring in new audiences.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That would be quite fascinating to see if they change their tone in their films and use a different approach the way you described it.
If you are expecting a different approach to the films I think you are going to be disappointed. What jon bones is talking about is a shift to other characters outside of the original big players.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
That would be quite fascinating to see if they change their tone in their films and use a different approach the way you described it.

If you are expecting a different approach to the films I think you are going to be disappointed. What jon bones is talking about is a shift to other characters outside of the original big players.

Yeah, don't get me wrong- I think Marvel is quite happy with the tone of their films.

I just don't think we've hit this mythical "oversaturation" point.

With a focus shifted to Black Panther & Carol Danvers, we'll begin to see even more audiences swept up in the MCU fandom.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So let's work off the heroes we know are in the movie.

Here we go
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Dr. Strange
Wong
War Machine
Falcon
Ant-man
Wasp (? possibly)
Spider-man
StarLord
Gamora
Drax
Mantis
Teen Groot
Rocket
Okoye
POSSIBLY Valkyrie

Who's okoye?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
482c2bb22f3a4dac4bea97no93.jpg

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I know that Wakanda and the Black Panther supporting cast will at least feature prominently in one part of the film, but I'd also be excited to see Korg, Miek, Valkyrie, and Heimdall feature prominently for at least a scene when Thanos approaches Asgard, even if they don't stick around with Thor and the Avengers for the rest of the film.

I also hope that we see Thanos' assault on Xandar and while I think it's likely that Xandar is completely destroyed, I hope they have upgraded the Nova Corps to have the Nova Force and that can pave the way for Nova to be the last surviving Nova Corps member or the powers are passed along to someone to become the last of the Nova Corps.

As cool as it would be to see TV characters crossover, I've since given up on that hope and would much rather see them go all-in expanding the universe in the films, especially in terms of cosmic and multiverse world building and how all these different parts interrelate. This won't just be a culmination of characters and stories, but of worlds and dimensions and that will be so interesting to see how they'll pull it off.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
no it's not. People's contracts are up and are not being renewed. Secret invasion is a possibility later down the road. But it wouldn't make sense to build up thanos and the infinity gauntlet for over 10 years then have the avengers be a bunch of skrulls? It wouldn't make sense. But the fact they are introducing skrulls could mean they are hinting at a secret invasion storyline or that they will do fantastic four next and introduce the skrull story through that.

Having it be secret invasion would negate a lot of great films for characters like winter soldier, spiderman:homecoming and the likes.

Guaranteed.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care how many heroes, I just want to hear Captain America or Iron Man say "Avengers Assemble" in a epic way in this movie

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I don't understand why every upcoming Marvel movie has people saying "this is going to be the beginning of oversaturation" when nothing like that has ever happened. Are they just continually guessing until they get it right?
I'd like to see Odin go ham. Unless he already did in Ragnarok, which I haven't seen yet.
Well um...

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
http://torontosun.com/entertainment...emsworth-teases-massive-avengers-infinity-war

Chris Hemsworth weighs in on Infinity War:

"They're going to be massive," the 34-year-old tells Postmedia Network during an interview for this week's fact-based war drama, 12 Strong. "I finished literally two days ago and I looked at (directors) Joe and Anthony (Russo) and said, 'I don't know how you guys have gotten this far and I don't know how you're going to hold it together and complete this thing, but my hat's off to you.'

"This is one of the biggest things in film history and to be a part of it was just incredible. I think what these characters are about to face — with Thanos — there's been nothing quite like it. There are 76 cast members or something like that. I think what people are going to be excited about is what I was excited about and that's Thor meeting the Guardians and Iron Man meeting Doctor Strange."

76 cast members? Hoo boy...

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY

I am highly doubtful.
Avengers 4 was originally Infinity war part 2. Unless Infinity war is 3 hours long or so It's highly doubt full. From what it looks like with how they have set up the kree race, it looks more like they will go that route story wise with the original Captain marvel fighting in the kree/skrull war and finding a replacement. What happens in 1990 captain marvel film will setup how in guardians of the galaxy the kree are looked upon. Guardians of the galaxy hints to a previous issue/war the kree had that people knew about in the galaxy, ronin hints to wanting to bring them back to their glory.

So them doing a secret invasion is actually highly unlikely.

Oct 27, 2017
God I can't wait for this movie. 10 years in the making, and in the hands of the Russos, there's no way it'll disappoint.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why you guys are jumping on folks for saying 40 heroes seems like a clusterfuck. Even as a fan of these movies, I have to admit that it does sound like overkill.

But I'll still be there on day one :)

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I am highly doubtful.
Avengers 4 was originally Infinity war part 2. Unless Infinity war is 3 hours long or so It's highly doubt full. From what it looks like with how they have set up the kree race, it looks more like they will go that route story wise with the original Captain marvel fighting in the kree/skrull war and finding a replacement. What happens in 1990 captain marvel film will setup how in guardians of the galaxy the kree are looked upon. Guardians of the galaxy hints to a previous issue/war the kree had that people knew about in the galaxy, ronin hints to wanting to bring them back to their glory.

So them doing a secret invasion is actually highly unlikely.

Doubt away. We won't have to wait long to see who's right. And that's awesome.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Doubt away. We won't have to wait long to see who's right. And that's awesome.

I'm confused. Are you on team "Avengers 4 is Secret Invasion?"

Because there's legitimately no chance of that. It just doesn't make sense. They're not randomly going into a completely unrelated story line out of the blue. There's too much going on and too many characters. They're not going to introduce the Skrull race, give them a purpose, have them secretly take heroes over in the second half of the Thanos story line that is meant to cap off a decade of stories.

It's not happening.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IW and A4 are still v connected

There's a reason they said the title of A4 spoils the end of IW

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
40?? Is he exaggerating or are there really that many?

Or might there be some Agents/Defenders/Inhumans/Runaways entering the mix?
The tv characters will never be in the films. Marvel Studios doesn't treat any of the media that Marvel Studios isn't involved in as canon.

Marvel Studios has zero involvement in the the shows.

Ya'll need to remember the Netflix shows, Agents of Shield, etc are NOT Marvel Studios productions.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Rumor is that Disney, after buying Fox, will have enough movies to completely ditch Netflix and start their own service, making Disney movies exclusive to that service, including new ones. I think their contract with Netflix is expiring soon.
Maybe. But with CBS for example, Star Trek is on Netflix here too, while you guys in the US are stuck with their paid service. I'm holding out hope for the same, at least for initial role-out.