• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think Secret Wars is the safer bet in light of the Fox deal. Doom IS going to get used.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. Are you on team "Avengers 4 is Secret Invasion?"

Because there's legitimately no chance of that. It just doesn't make sense. They're not randomly going into a completely unrelated story line out of the blue. There's too much going on and too many characters. They're not going to introduce the Skrull race, give them a purpose, have them secretly take heroes over in the second half of the Thanos story line that is meant to cap off a decade of stories.

It's not happening.

I am on team "Avengers 4 is Secret Invasion."

Yeah, I think Secret Wars is the safer bet in light of the Fox deal. Doom IS going to get used.

The deal with Fox isn't going to be finalized in time for that. If the X-Men and FF are folded into the MCU, it won't start happening until late Phase 4.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Secret Invasion being way down the road as the Civil War of the F4 trilogy. The de facto ensemble film that takes place in one particular franchise's narrative.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, Avengers 4 is going to be a continuation of Infinity War. The villain will still be Thanos. It's not going to be Secret Wars or Secret Invasion or any other completely new thing.

Rumor is that Disney, after buying Fox, will have enough movies to completely ditch Netflix and start their own service, making Disney movies exclusive to that service, including new ones. I think their contract with Netflix is expiring soon.
It's not really a rumor, they've said as much that that's literally what they're doing. :lol The Netflix deal expires next year.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Well as I said, that is unquestionably not happening. I explained why in the above post.

There is literally nothing to back up the idea that it would be Secret Invasion but there are multiple reasons to say it won't be.

It doesn't make sense that we've had no skrull talk to back up Keldroc's theory. The only movie so far that will have skrulls in it is Captain marvel, and since the Kree have been established in guardians and in Agents of shield it doesn't make sense to all of a sudden introduce skrulls in one movie for setup then jump to Avengers 4. It makes more sense if you paid attention to what has been talked about in the background of films like Guardians, AOG about the kree, the war they had along time ago and how they are looked upon.

It makes more sense to introduce them in Captain marvel and follow the storyline from the comics about their war/feud with the kree and how other galaxy's were caught up in it which is going to be the backdrop to captain marvel. Marvel doesn't put something in one movie then jump over setting it up properly.

I am on team "Avengers 4 is Secret Invasion.".

It's not how they setup their films and it's not how the writing tables go. When they setup Age of ultron the pieces were already there from previous Iron man films about AI, and sentient armor from Iron man 2, iron man 3. Skrulls will be part of the backdrop story with Thanos possibly in avengers 4. But it's a big if they carry anything over from captain marvel film.

And if they are pulling Thanos's origin from an alternate comic story where his mother was a skrull. That could be possibly? But people's contracts are done, and from what I hear CHris hemsworth may be done period unless there's a sequel to Thor"Ragarok, and same goes for Chris evens. The state of MCU is going to change after avengers 4 because of certain things time wise that are happening in 4 and being re-written.

I for one can not wait, and it's going to be a wild ride and a sad one to see some characters after A4 not returning to a franchise they helped start.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Can I just say, as a comic book nerd who got teased about it in high school, the fact that my friends are now hype for Thor to meet the Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time and are talking about when we're gonna go see Black Panther has me all kinds of giddy.

Even my parents are along for the ride and I LOVE IT.