• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So they funded it, gave him probably the most impressive engine of this generation for a 6-12 month timed exclusive. If this is true i really hope they will lose next gdn really hard because this management must be on drugs or something.
TFW you like games so much you actively wish for them to fail because they're also appearing on another platform

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
If some third party would have paid Kojima for death stranding it would have been on ps regardless without any funding or wave handing tech. I want Sony to fund stuff i wouldn't have get otherwise. So yea #fuckdeathstranding
Why do you care are you a Sony share holder?

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
If some third party would have paid Kojima for death stranding it would have been on ps regardless without any funding or wave handing tech. I want Sony to fund stuff i wouldn't have get otherwise. So yea #fuckdeathstranding
giphy.gif

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Eh,i honestly don't know what to believe.
I guess i'll have to double dip if it's true because i'm not waiting 6+ months or 1 year post release.
Yeah,they said something about it like 4 years ago and it was never mentioned ever again,and yet they mock some users for not remembering by saying collective amnesia or denial,give them a break ffs.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Unless you're a Sony shareholder this is really childish, my dude.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So they funded it, gave him probably the most impressive engine of this generation for a 6-12 month timed exclusive. If this is true i really hope they will lose next gdn really hard because this management must be on drugs or something.

You do realize Sony will make money on the PC port, right? Also, the more popular Sony can make the IP, the better for them long term.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this would probably make me go PC only in the future. There would be no more reason to own a PlayStation just like there is no reason to own a Xbox for me anymore. Exclusives are vital to a consoles for me personally. They are my reason to buy them in the first place.

I would do that but PCs are so damn expensive and such a fucking pain to upkeep. But I know what you mean all the same - Sony is really, really making it difficult to justify continued investment in their platforms as of late.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Sounds about right, just like Nioh.

I'm more curious as to whether there will be enhanced PS5 support for the game when it releases in 2020

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm going to wait for confirmation on that. Not sure why Kojima would care about a PC port and why Sony would greenlight one if they own everything. Plus his reasoning is weak and historically faulty

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Not so surprising. A brief summary:

-Sony owns the DS IP and assets and funded the game
-Kojipro are independent making it possible for Sony to license the IP to them
-Sony doesn't see the PC as a competing platform which they confirmed. No Xbox release as that is a competing platform
-It will likely take 12 months given what happened with Detroit
-This has next to no chance of happening with 1st party internal developed titles as there is no 3rd party who benefits and would push for it
-If Kojipro wishes to stay independent licensing the IP for a PC release will be very beneficial for them as royalties will be split between Sony and Kojipro

TL;DR: Kojima likely pushed for this to be put into the contract and Sony agreed to secure Kojima and given they still get royalties from PC sales. Kojima would want this to boost the financials of his new studio and to reach a bigger playerbase

Tart Toter 9K

Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't you want more people to play this game? It's just more money for Sony if it goes on PC. Even corporate fanboys will understand that.
Yes but you don't understand! They don't have a Playstation branded box in their homes! How are they supposed to enjoy the game when they are playing it on hardware that doesn't have the PlayStation logo on it?!

Gears and Halo are also "console exclusive".

And they're both coming to or are already on PC.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I doubt many 3rd party publishers would have given this large of a budget for a Kojima tripping out with his movie industry buddies.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
With what Kojima said in that video with Andrew House and the Thatgamecompany and Quantic Dream games coming to PC, is anybody honestly surprised by this?

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
So you mad that more people will be able to play the game? Also Sony would get a cut of the pc sales anyway.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Sony paid for Kojima to fly around the world, use their engine, meet his first wank fantasy, meet his latest wank fantasy, hire all his mates and on top of that they didn't even lock the contract down.

What a man.
https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%2Fimages%2F6%2F6%2F5%2F2%2F1842566-7-eng-GB%2F20170124_Kojima1.jpg

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
This topic is amazing. My expectations were extremely high but it totally delivered.

From people that don't understand how trademarks work to PS4 owners that will go PC only because of this...

Top tier.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Maybe now people will stop getting so defensive over the mention of a PC version.

You seem way too invested in this.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They are funding it. The game will not give you less exhilerating playing it if it comes to the PC a year later. That's just mind boggling to think this way.

Imagine being mad for more people being able to play a videogame

Still happening in 2019, some things will never change.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping a game fails because others can play it. What an absolute loser.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Guess Sony will be the publisher on PC too like their QD's titles
EGS is happy
Sony aren't publishing QD's PC stuff, QD are self publishing them. PlayStation Mobile has handled the handful of stuff SIE have put on Steam, but DS would be many times bigger than all those games, so I doubt they'll handle it.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Let's say this is indeed true. It was probably a condition Kojima included in order to sign the deal with Sony.

I mean the timed exclusivity will probably last 1 year anyway, at that point I don't think a PC version would hurt the existing PS4 version sales anymore.
Maybe Sony will get a good share of the PC sales money too.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being the kind of living embarrassment of a human being to be upset with this.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
People struggling to understand that Sony will make money out of the PC release are also "funny" to read

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Know where i'll be getting it at some point then. Only few games I get on day one anyway

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.