• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Antonio Fucito leaked Death Stranding release date before the trailer with this tweet:

During a twitch stream he said the following regarding Death Stranding exclusivity:
"..The PS4 cover didn't have the "Only on PS" label because DS it's coming to PC at a later date, that's the deal signed between Kojima and Sony, the game will be a timed PS4 exclusive and will be available on PC later on (won't be available on Xbox), i don't know if it's a 6 or 12 months exclusive"

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Originally I thought it'd be a straight up exclusive to Sony consoles but I think this'll make it's way over to PC sooner or later.

Really, the no "Only on PlayStation" branding is very suspect. Nioh had a similar thing going on but many people were doubtful as to whether it'd come to PC. Few months down the line and it did...

Furthermore, Nioh was branded as a PlayStation console exclusive on the offset but Sony are remaining real quiet about what DS is. Wasn't the game originally announced for PCs too?

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember an interview where he said that it's how it was going to happen when the game just got announced.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish companies were crystal clear on this type of thing.

Good it is coming to PC as initially announced (or teased)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
we shall see, i dont think its impossible, but i am interested to see how they will they go with decima engine on PC.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
mmmm, I may double dip then. I think if the reviews are good I don't want to wait until it releases on pc.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me really happy personally if it ends up true. Will be there Day 1 on PC if it happens.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait then. Better performance aside, the launch trailer made the game look like it might be a pain in the ass for me to play (i.e. an open world game). I need cheat engine just to slog through these things anymore.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
we shall see, i dont think its impossible, but i am interested to see how they will they go with decima engine on PC.
You know the PS4 is basically PC hardware. I don't get the concern here. This isn't a super exotic Cell situation of the PS3.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Hmm, now I have to decide whether it's worth waiting. Surprised though, I'm not a tech person but isn't this built on Horizon's Decima engine? I would have thought that would be a PS4-only optimised engine or something.

Oct 28, 2017
The part of the trailer where it says "Death Stranding is a copyright of SIEE" etc makes me doubt this, but only time will tell.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Sony would have plastered it all over every piece of media material if it was 100% Sony exlusive so not a huge surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.