• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's always interesting to read about other people's cult experiences - every system is convinced they have it all figured out and all those evil outsiders are doomed. I was part of a Christian group that considered JWs as non-Christian as Mormons, 7th Day Adventists, and Catholics. Thankfully I got out and after several years of "detox" all of this stuff sounds like madness to me.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yerrrrrr. Well technically I'm still one because I haven't been disfellowshipped but I'm inactive, meaning I don't go to meetings or field service and it's going to be 2 years since I've been to a meeting. As was stated by the op, they don't explicitly stated to stay away from higher education but it is heavily implied. I always felt awkward while at conventions and college was brought up. It makes sense though; a large group of young people stray away from the "truth" as a result of college, or more specifically, going away. I stopped going because I just started thinking about what I was taught and it doesn't make sense to me.

How is it that Jehovah, perfect in all of his ways, allow for doctrines that only affect gay people. I remember reading an Watchtower article which told the story of a man who was gay and was conflicted. Praying to Jehovah seemingly "helped" him and was happily married with a wife and daughter. What kind of horseshit is that? So, somehow, his sexual preference switched because he prayed incessantly. It sounds like he's lying to himself and others. It's basically psychological conversion therapy.

Another thing that bothered me was how we weren't supposed to wear suits that were deemed too tight because it was designed by gay fashion designers. Everyone wore baggy fucking suits and it irritated me to no end.

The one thing that really pissed me off and just made me overly critical was the watchtower meeting regarding disfellowshipping in 2016. I became increasingly agitated as it went on because I was thinking to myself: how on Earth can Jehovah, God of love, actually allow shunning your family member if they get disfellowshipping? Ceasing contact with a person is the complete opposite of loving and I couldn't believe what I was reading. The practice essentially guilt trips the person into coming back, not genuine love for the religion. That meeting sealed it for me and every meeting after was never the same for me. I slowly started missing meetings until I stopped completely.

I wrote a lot but I have so much more I would like to talk about. I mainly wrote this in case there are any Jehovah witnesses who are reading and feel conflicted. I'm 21 so I'm basically the age where so much within the organization is pushed towards me so if you have questions, feel free to ask.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just met a girl like this... didn't realize they were so extreme in their views. Seemed like nice people everytime they came to the door. They believe in some straight up wack stuff.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
I was as a kid. Grandma was into it and forced the rest of my family to. Everyone just sort of stopped going when I started HS. We never did the weird door to door business, tho. Just was any other church to kid me, sat there and drew all day.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's optional but they guilt you by releasing articles every other month about donations.
It's actually quite funny that they are now resembling more like the churches they criticised so much. They have even their own "cross" now (JW logo).
Comparing the cross and its usage to the JW logo, and how most Christians and JWs use them respectively, is a little hyperbolic.

OP
OP
HypedBeast

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
It's optional but they guilt you by releasing articles every other month about donations.
It's actually quite funny that they are now resembling more like the churches they criticised so much. They have even their own "cross" now (JW logo).
I never thought about it like that, but yeah it is basically their marketing logo that they put on everything (heck I think they even have JW paraphernalia at Bethel).

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just met a girl like this... didn't realize they were so extreme in their views. Seemed like nice people everytime they came to the door. They believe in some straight up wack stuff.

What you have to understand is that the vast majority of them ARE nice people. The indoctrination and way of belief is such that it consumes you and shelters you from outside viewpoints. Even if one piece of their mind starts to question, every other part of their life is structured to stop that questioning. I consider myself a very intelligent person. It's hard to explain how you can know for years what you're believing doesn't add up and yet you allow it to carry you along anyway. When every part of your life depends on that belief, it becomes near impossible to separate from. I would describe my parents as empty husks. They're kind to to me and they love me, but they don't know how to relate to me outside the religion. They have nearly nothing inside if you remove the religion. I would try to convince them, but at this point I think they would just be left with nothing. Right now, they have a community and friends who are all in the same boat as them, going nowhere.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What you have to understand is that the vast majority of them ARE nice people. The indoctrination and way of belief is such that it consumes you and shelters you from outside viewpoints. Even if one piece of their mind starts to question, every other part of their life is structured to stop that questioning. I consider myself a very intelligent person. It's hard to explain how you can know for years what you're believing doesn't add up and yet you allow it to carry you along anyway. When every part of your life depends on that belief, it becomes near impossible to separate from. I would describe my parents as empty husks. They're kind to to me and they love me, but they don't know how to relate to me outside the religion. They have nearly nothing inside if you remove the religion. I would try to convince them, but at this point I think they would just be left with nothing. Right now, they have a community and friends who are all in the same boat as them, going nowhere.

This has been a common thread through my experiences with witnesses. It really isn't a question of how intellectual an individual is, because they are most likely locked in due to social reasons. Being discommunicated and excluded from potentially everyone close to you is a terrifying human experience, and often what cages some into the religion.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never been a JW but I was friends with one growing up and have a big Kingdom Hall down the street. Nice people but what a miserable way to raise a kid in this country. No birthdays or other holidays? Come on. I knew they were a doomsday cult and about the 144k spots in heaven but I didn't know they did that Scientologist disassociation shit

Glad you got out

krioto

Oct 27, 2017
My great-aunt was one - she used to leave these weird kid's bible stories books at our place if she visited (but not where my parents would see it). I remember my dad finding them and then going around the house to check for any other ''backwards-ass god bullshit'' that might have been left behind.

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
Two good friends (they are brothers) of mine are/were JWs. Their family naturally just made them become ones. One of them said at the age of 16 he wants out, he is not allowed to family parties anymore and was told he will not inherit anything from the family. The older one who I was very close with, was very easy on the rules, he drank, smoked and had sex in his youth and partied with me and co. He then started to go to university in a different city and felt alone and suddenly he is now a strict believer, he also got married at the age of 22 now. It kinda put our friendship through a test, because a lot of stuff he refuses to do. He refuses to go to any birthday parties because JWs don't celebrate birthdays.

So odd

This is eerily very familiar to myself - had a female best friend who went through exactly the same period. Had her first time at 13, proceeded to be sexually very active throughout high school. Left, met a man who was also JW, and within six months they are married with a kid on the way, and suddenly she's a very devout follower. It's almost like the teen years were a rebel from the system before settling back in to the warm blanket. Entire family is religious through and through, one of the most vivid conversations I ever remembering having was with her mother about my cousin suffering from schizophrenia, and her belief as to why that was so. Spoilers - it was the Devil himself trying to get to me and my lack of belief.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
My grandmother is one -- last time I talked to her she did mention some doomsday sounding shit :lol: but normally she just sends me pamphlets alongside other stuff.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My best friend growing up was a JW. He was only rarely allowed to hang out with me or any of our other friends. When I'd go to his house his dad would ignore me and there was a very unwelcoming atmosphere. His mom wasn't a witness and apparently the church pressured his dad into leaving his mom. Usually he didn't really talk about it much but I do recall at one point him talking about how bad blood transfusions were, which is a strange opinion for an 11 year old.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Whats up?

I was one. Wasnt for me. Pretty much destroyed my family for me. Those still in it are happy I guess, for the most part anyway. My mom, dad, 2 of my brothers and my sister and all their kids.

My brother in law who was married to my sister who passed away was recently disfellowshipped. The woman he remarried was a fucking psycho and left him. Its been so long since she left but she refuses to get a divorce and since he doesnt have scriptual reasons for getting divorced, he was disfellowshipped after they found out he had started seeing someone else when he was still technically married even though she left like 10 years ago.

HE JUST WANTS TO BE HAPPY YOU FUCKS. He fucking deserves it too after all the shit he has been through. But now that he is disfellowshipped its massively disruptful for him and his kids who he had with my sister.

Being accused to something that wasnt true and having everyone in your life shun you wasnt the best thing that could have happened to me as a teenager either. I rebelled hard after that shit.

I have fond memories of going to conventions and stuff when I was younger. I tried to go to one just to make my mom happy a while ago and my SO at the time came with me to see what it was about. We had to get up and walk out about an hour in. Told my mom we were really sick.

All that said im still nice to them. Ill have a debate with someone if they come to my door. Dont think anyone will be convincing me to return anytime soon.

Sometimes I almost wish I could just to have my famiky back the way it was.

Last edited:

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
This is so much how I feel about my parents. Fuck. They carry a hope of seeing their daughter again in paradise and it makes them happy and I dont want to rob them of that. Its just hard when every time they look at you they feel sadness that I wont be there with them to see everyone again and god is going to destroy me with the rest of the wicked.

Englebert3rd

Oct 31, 2017
Comparing the cross and its usage to the JW logo, and how most Christians and JWs use them respectively, is a little hyperbolic.
Nah, there isn't a hyperbole. Years ago, before this whole change of image, they were proud of not having logos representing them or anything to idolize.
They barely even mention idolatry in their magazines and talks today.

I never thought about it like that, but yeah it is basically their marketing logo that they put on everything (heck I think they even have JW paraphernalia at Bethel).

That doesn't surprise me, there's this whole celebrity thing going on which you wouldn't expect for this one true religion.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, there isn't a hyperbole. Years ago, before this whole change of image, they were proud of not having logos representing them or anything to idolize.
They barely even mention idolatry in their magazines and talks today.

That doesn't surprise me, there's this whole celebrity thing going on which you wouldn't expect for this one true religion.
The logo is not worshipped or revered. It's just a damn logo. The organization has always used various logos for individual publications and such before their web 2.0 shift to the current one. It has zero religious significance. Comparing it to the Christian cross and its thousands of years of ubiquity is silly and you know it. There are a plethora of legitimate criticisms to be discussed about JWs without making up ridiculous ones.

Queenvee

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know if there are any Ex-JW's on ERA, what were your experiences, what made you leave, and what were the consequences of you breaking of ties with the organization.

Hi, for me the reason why I left was the people, I don't believe it's a cult at all, it's just like any other religion when people take their beliefs seriously...and I want to make that point clear because I feel like they're being picked on for unfair reason in this regard... like it's just a religion, lots of religions have "crazy" "cult like" "disfellowship like" things about them... so to me it's just like any other religion, but I left because the people were so overly friendly and always wanted to be around and hang out and know my business and that bothers me because I'm an introvert and I don't like people generally that want to swarm me... I had one friend who wouldn't stop calling and messaging me to study or go out in service and it just was way too clingy for me. My personal beliefs are that everything is connected in some way and we've all just interpreted it different, wether it's religions or the universe, or science or history.. I think that all things can add up in some way, what way though we will never know. That's as far as I go into any of that now haha

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Ex-Mormon, but i'm still surprised at how many people get them mixed up. Growing up in the Mormon church was a fucked up Hell that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I can only imagine what being born into the JWs is like.

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't care what religion you are, people can have whatever beliefs they want, but there are two things that they shouldn't do...
1. Don't drag kids into it, wait till they can judge for themselves
2. Keep it the fuck out of my life, don't try to convert me, ever at all

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Is it JW that believe Jesus came and hung out in North America after he faked his death in Israel?

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Must be Mormons (I only know this because of Bible studies class at the Baptist high school I attended). Funnily enough, there wasn't any examination into their own history and beliefs.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Got a few Mormons in my extended family who I always assumed were in the craziest religion I'd ever encounter, belief-wise (have yet to meet an actual Scientologist). But once I started reading up on some of the stuff the Watchtower preaches, it's clearly not even a close race...

We get them showing up to the door every now and then, and I'm always sure to be respectful (take the pamphlets, let them talk, occasionally have a little back and forth about God and beliefs and whatnot) because who am I to judge someone else's religion when I've got my own I'm adherent to... but damn is some of that stuff insane.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Got a few Mormons in my extended family who I always assumed were in the craziest religion I'd ever encounter, belief-wise (have yet to meet an actual Scientologist). But once I started reading up on some of the stuff the Watchtower preaches, it's clearly not even a close race...

We get them showing up to the door every now and then, and I'm always sure to be respectful (take the pamphlets, let them talk, occasionally have a little back and forth about God and beliefs and whatnot) because who am I to judge someone else's religion when I've got my own I'm adherent to... but damn is some of that stuff insane.

What specifically?

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
All sorts of things spread out across the beliefs. Specifically, the apocalyptic conspiracies stood out. I get that every religion has them, but the targeting of specific dates, the emphasis on how it will come pass, the specific type of people who will be spared and how they come to the conclusion on the dates is really out there. Then there's the stuff about not being allowed blood transfusion because a few out-of-context line in the Bible mentions that you're not supposed to eat blood. Beyond that, there's the constant denouncement of evolution; another one that the Evangelicals can be thrown in with in terms of craziness. Then there's the habit of expelling and shunning people who show any sort of uncertainty or disagreement with the teachings. Again, this one's present in plenty of religions, but JW is so quick to expunge dissidents and labe folks as apostates that it's rediculous. The number of things that can get you thrown out of the congregation is extremely high, even for a religious organization.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not one and never was one but I live directly in front of a kingdom hall of JW in a community with lots of members and our family used to receive their booklets.

They seem like nice people, though I always found the ban on blood transfusion or the non-celebration of holidays or events to be very weird.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Being atheist, I'm always curious about religion, so one day when the JW's came knocking, I stood on the porch and talked with them. I was very upfront that I had nothing other than intellectual interest, and I told them the 144K thing, blood transfusions, etc. made no sense, but they were very pleasant and we had a nice conversation. The same group (an older man and a young one) then showed up at my house for the next few weekends until I finally said they had to stop.

Oct 25, 2017
JWs are fucked up and do a good job of keeping it under wraps. Education discouraged, isolation from outsiders and threatened with complete isolation if you don't stay in line. Always another revised doomsday prediction on the horizon to keep people scared with a ton of excuses for why the last few didn't happen. Optional (not optional) meetings like three times a week for constant reinforcement and to keep tabs on members, lest anyone start having a mind of their own. They're trained to be very pleasantly presentable in public and incredibly judgmental and controlling in private. The Watchtower is just as creepy as it sounds.

I'm extremely happy for each and every person who makes it out and regains their perspective.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
My girlfriend is an ex Jehovah, sufficed to say her entire family cut ties with her when she decided to leave the church.

It hasn't been easy for her.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I dated a witness in sort of an... open secret sort of way for 3 years. She was, and probably still is, a good person. This was a decade ago, so who knows now. I studied with them a few times, went to the hall one Sunday. It all honestly seemed very much like the United church I had stopped going to when I was nine or ten. The blood transfusion thing always seemed odd to me. The disfellowship aspect of it seemed particularly cruel. I knew of a couple who had dated like we did and they got pregnant, he converted to stay with her. It seemed like my ex was straying towards walking away from all that but eventually doubled down on it again and I think hoped I would convert. I didn't, and we parted ways. I have people come to my door in service occasionally and I'm always polite to them but have no interest in joining their ranks. For the most part they seem like any other religious people I've associated with. I've heard stranger viewpoints in Catholic Church with my now-deceased catholic grandmother. Just another facet of Christianity that is desperate for membership and donations.

JWs are fucked up and do a good job of keeping it under wraps. Education discouraged, isolation from outsiders and threatened with complete isolation if you don't stay in line. Always another revised doomsday prediction on the horizon to keep people scared with a ton of excuses for why the last few didn't happen. Optional (not optional) meetings like three times a week for constant reinforcement and to keep tabs on members, lest anyone start having a mind of their own. They're trained to be very pleasantly presentable in public and incredibly judgmental and controlling in private. The Watchtower is just as creepy as it sounds.

I'm extremely happy for each and every person who makes it out and regains their perspective.
I was told that they try to maintain a "normal" aesthetic, ie, short hair on men (but not too short!), long hair on women, no facial hair, etc. to help look friendly and inviting when they're in service. That seemed incredibly offputting to me. And yes, lots of "it's your choice (but choose what we want)" type stuff. Quite strange. The amount of free time that is expected to be dedicated to the church is just...bananas.

My girlfriend is an ex Jehovah, sufficed to say her entire family cut ties with her when she decided to leave the church.

I can relate to what you're going through. I hope it works out for the two of you.

Last edited:

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
They don't seem to be doing so hot due to the information age, a lot of crashes in halls and what not. They are extreme, but pretty much the same as general Christianity in a foundational sense, I've had discussions with many different types, but leaving the "supernatural" aspects out of it, most in main stream Christianity seem to go by specific doctrines, or are conditioned to defend doctrines even if the scriptures themselves have blatant contradictions with them, just like with Witnesses among many groups (including larger ones) there is a burial of information on the origins on where certain doctrines come from, the ignoring of the character of the people who formed the doctrines etc. Where you have Charles Russel with JWs, you have Martin Luther, or Julius Africanus with other groups.

In one case for example, with discipline, we have two extremes in doctrine among the more mainstream Christain doctrine and JW doctrine. Where as a traditional Christian under Calvinism or Lutheranism will say "we are all sinners" to dodge or excuse themselves from being corrected and assume that being rebuked means being judged (when the scriptures say if you accept the savior that you become dead to sin so you must walk in righteousness), the Witnesses make a judgment by shunning or forcing public humiliation.

The witnesses are particularly dangerous because their construct is not set up for healthy rational discussion. The literature is written in a very non sequitur style (thought it may be different now, its been over a decade since I've seen any of it), but because the platform doesn't allow for people inside their gatherings to say "Wait a minute...this is stupid and makes no sense." You pretty much have no choice but to walk out or force down the food. If you are not too dependent on social contact and are more individualistic in thought, you probably wouldn't be a good fit for the JW religion and nothing would be a real threat to you for bailing other than wasted time.

I'm surprised the JWs haven't completely collapsed though.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who's knowledgeable on the topic wanna explain to me why blood transfusions are considerd bad by Jehovah Witnesses?

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was raised as one. Thank god I was never baptised though. Because if you're not baptised you can't be disfellowshipped.* I think I believed in it up until may late teens. I wasn't the best witness, but I did go out in service (door to door) every weekend. Thankfully, my parents weren't overly zealous or too strict on me, unlike many JW parents who make sure their kids are on the way to baptism and maybe even someday go to Bethel, or "where the need is greater" (in locations, usually poor countries around the world, where witnesses aren't well known or strongly established yet). Around 23 or 24 I stopped attending meeting very gradually, as I was not about to make a "statement" by just immediately stopping and risk losing my family and friends. I still go to the memorial every year, for the same reasons. It's nice to be out of it though, because man the beliefs that they hold, and I mean they really believe it...It's scary, out of this world nutso.

*Elders can advise JWs that their family member or friend is "bad association" or "worldly" (if they have evidence, like drugs use or fornications, ect) and should limit, even severely, their communications with the person(s).

Anyone who's knowledgeable on the topic wanna explain to me why blood transfusions are considerd bad by Jehovah Witnesses?

JW.org says it best:

"This is a religious issue rather than a medical one. Both the Old and New Testaments clearly command us to abstain from blood. (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:10; Deuteronomy 12:23; Acts 15:28, 29) Also, God views blood as representing life. (Leviticus 17:14) So we avoid taking blood not only in obedience to God but also out of respect for him as the Giver of life."

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017

Acts 15:20 - Saying you shouldn't eat blood, or consume it as food. Because to them (JWs) you take food through the vein if sick, they think it is the same as blood transfusion.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
I work with a Jehovah's Witess and he was looking up info on those doomsday food buckets at work.

Nov 27, 2017
I was travelling in Australia about 16 years ago, and at the time was living in a caravan on a campsite. I was lying in bed probably playing Metroid fusion on gba when someone started knocking on the door.

2 smoking hot girls, politely asking if they could come in for a chat. I had no idea what was happening and honestly thought maybe this was going to be my lucky day.

They were jehovahs witnesss trying to get me to join. I just pretended to listen, took the leaflets and they left.

Not really a great story but that's my experience with the Jehovah's Witness. Pretty hot but also boring.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
My grandma got into it when she was younger and so she made her daughter-in-law (my mom) and all my siblings and I get into it too. Mom gave it up when I was a kid and she was disfellowshipped. I wasnt baptized but Ive slowly stopped going. I dont believe at all but I love my grandma so much that I dont want to break her heart by admitting it. It's gonna sound morbid but Im just waiting for her to pass before leaving for good and having to cut ties with that side of the family. Dont really care much for anyone on my dad's side except for my grandma. I want her to die thinking that Im going to be there waiting for her in paradise.

Blood is sacred and should not be passed from person to person. Or so they say.

SirCheese

Oct 27, 2017
My mother is a member of JW, but my dad never was. So my siblings and I were raised outside of the faith, except for the occasional read-through of the Watchtower as kids. This was is Sweden, so maybe JW is different there?

I never knew about the shunning part until I moved to Canada and learned about some of my wife's family, who are JW.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looking back at my childhood and early teens, it really felt like i was in a "cult". No friends outside congregation allowed. We never celebrated....anything really. My wife to this days yells at me for not being enthusiastic about birthdays/holidays, etc. Even though I'm no longer part of it 20 years later, it's STILL hard to get into it.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Looking back at my childhood and early teens, it really felt like i was in a "cult". No friends outside congregation allowed. We never celebrated....anything really. My wife to this days yells at me for not being enthusiastic about birthdays/holidays, etc. Even though I'm no longer part of it 20 years later, it's STILL hard to get into it.

To be honest, being obssessed with holidays is a bit weird too, I've seen people go ful blown phycho on holidays. Depending on a persons ethnicity and costums thats not something everyone is going to agree on anyway.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I see threads like this and I am thankful for the parents I have. My mom is a devout Catholic but she gave me a Buddha statue, I have it on a catholic shrine alongside the Koran and the Upanishads.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
Studying with them (been for a bit) and if one thing is evident they are a peaceful group. As a group, no religious organization is as organized, as peaceful and as well presented. The greatest problem I see is the general ignorance from people who know nothing about them and the exaggeration of bad experiences from those who left. Their organization is run by people so ofcourse its impossible for things to be perfect, but they certainly try their best to resolve issues as quickly as possible (if it requires outside authority they would be contacted, I've seen it). Anyways, one of the most misunderstood groups on earth made more so by how people pretend as if they are some secretive cult when you can walk into any of their buildings and observe their meetings.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm glad I found this thread. I made a thread a few months ago about a coworker that I liked, but she seemed to be suffering from some major social/ self esteem issues and I had trouble talking to her. Everyone attacked me in that thread lol. Anyways, I found out the source of her problems and it was because of her insane JW upbringing. This girl is in her late 20's and has never lived a normal life. It blew my mind to see someone like her look so scared to do things. I respect most peoples beliefs, but F that. JW is a freaking cult. It sucks to see someone like her miss out on everything up to this point in her life.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Hi, for me the reason why I left was the people, I don't believe it's a cult at all, it's just like any other religion when people take their beliefs seriously...and I want to make that point clear because I feel like they're being picked on for unfair reason in this regard... like it's just a religion, lots of religions have "crazy" "cult like" "disfellowship like" things about them... so to me it's just like any other religion, but I left because the people were so overly friendly and always wanted to be around and hang out and know my business and that bothers me because I'm an introvert and I don't like people generally that want to swarm me... I had one friend who wouldn't stop calling and messaging me to study or go out in service and it just was way too clingy for me. My personal beliefs are that everything is connected in some way and we've all just interpreted it different, wether it's religions or the universe, or science or history.. I think that all things can add up in some way, what way though we will never know. That's as far as I go into any of that now haha
My brother also complains about them being incredibly nosey. It's the encouragement to uplift your brothers and sisters that takes it to the next level.

An update to my post is that I went to the memorial. Broke my 2 year streak and iysi still the same as ever.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Left around 8 years old when my parents split and my mother went the complete other way (she practiced witchcraft for a year to piss off her mother in law/my dad). Both are well adjusted and non religious now however.

My grandma always preaches to me about Paradise, I ask her if paradise will have horror movies, videogames, internet and allow glutoness levels of cake consumption.