• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
The best experience I've had honestly is No Heroes Allowed VR so far... My PSVR is collecting dust at the moment sadly and I am feeling interested in actually using it. I already beat RE7, though I didn't in VR because it made me super sick. I already own Until Dawn Rush of Blood... but I haven't played anything else. Any suggestions?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wipeout Collection just got a free patch for the entire game in VR and its probably one of the best VR experiences across all the different headsets and platforms. Amazing stuff.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Moss, Farpoint (with AIM), Skyrim, Wipeout, Sparc, Sprint Vector, Dirt Rally, Batman, Accounting+, Super Hot, Ancient Amulator.

Personally I really loved Arizona Sunshine as well but that's not unanimous.

Also upcoming Blood and Truth, Beat Saber and Fire Wall are sure to be great.

coryschmitz

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
wipEout is probably the best VR game.

Rez Infinite, Statik Institute of Retention, RE7 (which you listed), Thumper, SuperHyperCube, & Polybius are excellent.

Moss, Farpoint, GT Sport, & Gnog are pretty rad too.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
RE7
Until Dawn RoB
Superhot
Arizona sunahine (Pro)
Wipeout
Farpoint
Dick Wilde
Driveclub, Dirt with a wheel
Batman
Skyrim(if you have the time)

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RE7, Driveclub, and Batman are all excellent.

Also the Star Wars Battlefront VR Mission is a nice bonus if you have the game.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Ultrawings is a must have for PSVR, very fun and relaxing game in VR. The game has plenty of options for VR intensity, so you can adjust it to your liking. Works well with a DS4 and 2 PS moves. Runs at 90 fps if you have a PS4 pro.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying Doom VFR. Tried it with the Move wands and the Aim controller and both are fun (Aim controller ftw). Only $20.

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I did not like Skyrim VR at all... I think it was just how it looked, functioned and the teleport thing - idk. Maybe when VR gets a lot better down the road? Moss does interest me... maybe that'll be my next VR game purchase? I've held back because I wasn't sure if it was actually good. (Also I do have a PS4 Pro) Ultrawings might be my thing too, not sure. Something relaxing might be nice.

Dec 15, 2017
My recommendations just going through my library... Left off RE7 & UD:ROB since you already own those.

Wipeout
Moss
Super Hot
Archangel
Dick Wilde
Pixel Gear
Farpoint
Arizona Sunshine
Dirt Rally
Doom VFR
Star Wars Battlefront Mission
Bandit Six
Mortal Blitz
Starship Disco
VR Worlds
Trackmania Turbo
Holoball
Headmaster
Carnival Games VR
Super Stardust Ultra (Regular mode, not the tacked on one)
Thumper
Gunjack

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I loved No Heroes Allowed VR! It doesn't get enough attention, the gameplay is perfect for VR and the humor is excellent.

My favorite one though is Superhot VR, it makes me feel like a badass taking out all the bad dudes. Though, the camera tracking issues can be frustrating. Thumper is my third favorite.

I tried Wipeout, but it made me feel ill, so not really a fan of that one. I am very interested in Moss though.

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I loved No Heroes Allowed VR! It doesn't get enough attention, the gameplay is perfect for VR and the humor is excellent.

My favorite one though is Superhot VR, it makes me feel like a badass taking out all the bad dudes. Though, the camera tracking issues can be frustrating. Thumper is my third favorite.

I tried Wipeout, but it made me feel ill, so not really a fan of that one. I am very interested in Moss though.

Yeah! I didn't like the female character's VA very much. My only real issue with No Heroes Allowed VR. But it's still a very amusing game. Superhot VR does interest me. I'll put it on my list. I have Thumper but never tried it in VR.

Oct 26, 2017
I did not like Skyrim VR at all... I think it was just how it looked, functioned and the teleport thing - idk. Maybe when VR gets a lot better down the road? Moss does interest me... maybe that'll be my next VR game purchase? I've held back because I wasn't sure if it was actually good. (Also I do have a PS4 Pro) Ultrawings might be my thing too, not sure. Something relaxing might be nice.

Did you use it with Move? Because that's a completely different thing. Also, you don't have to use teleporting, there is direct movement.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Statik is one I picked up on sale and was having a great time with. Chill, sit-down puzzle game. Does a real good job of just making you feel like you're in a place.

Supreme Allah

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The best experience I've had honestly is No Heroes Allowed VR so far... My PSVR is collecting dust at the moment sadly and I am feeling interested in actually using it. I already beat RE7, though I didn't in VR because it made me super sick. I already own Until Dawn Rush of Blood... but I haven't played anything else. Any suggestions?

Did you use snap turn in RE7? It removed my nausea.

Im playing Shooty Fruity at the moment and having a blast.

Other good games: Statik, I Expect you to Die, Thumper, Headmaster, Dino Frontier.

Applesaucejaxon

Uncle actually worked at Nintendo
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I really enjoy Surgeon Simulator VR. It's an acquired taste, but playing that with 2 move controllers is a blast.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
I don't own a PSVR yet, but I just bought WipeOUt secondhand because I assume the price will start climbing again and I'll get PSVR when the price drops more. That's the title that made me want to buy a unit. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but the thought of 'being' in that space with the music going is hugely tempting.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I haven't even beaten it, but SuperHot VR is one of the best experiences I've had playing any game ever. VR does a lot for that one.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Quite a few.

Thumper, Rez Infinite, SUPERHOT, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Arkham VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood...

Good stuff.

Riding the thread, I just bought Doom VFR but I don't own nor plan on buying an Aim. Should I play with a DualShock or the Moves?

Also, is Farpoint worth it without the Aim?

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Raw Data

Its super fun with lots of variety.

Obviously Super Hot.

I Expect You to Die is a good game to play sitting down.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wipEout is probably the best VR game.

Rez Infinite, Statik Institute of Retention, RE7 (which you listed), Thumper, SuperHyperCube, & Polybius are excellent.

Moss, Farpoint, GT Sport, & Gnog are pretty rad too.

Pretty much this. Every one of these games is solid and meaty enough to make my top 10.

Wipeout is a game changer - for a totally free add-on to an already great game that wasn't built with VR in mind it really delivers in ways even the dedicated VR racers can't.

Shooty Fruity is the most fun I've ever had playing a wave shooter. Yes at the end of the day it's another wave shooter, but it's got some fun twists and feels great to play.

Ultrawings is a wonderful nausea inducer (it has comfort settings though if you need 'em) and throwback to Pilotwings-style gameplay. It's light on content but what's there is fun, and the game really shines when you get the sport plane unlocked.

People rag on farpoint's story for being shitty but the game itself is immersive as hell, and the post-launch support it got was great. One of my favorite VR experiences. Turn off all the comfort settings and you can the smooth turning and movement with the sticks on the Aim.

Spazgadget

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh... so many good ones:

Farpoint, Moss, Wipeout Omega Collection, Resident Evil 7, SuperHyperCube, Skyrim VR, Driveclub, Until Dawn Rush of Blood, and Eagle Flight were all winners for me.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Quite a few.

Thumper, Rez Infinite, SUPERHOT, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Arkham VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood...

Good stuff.

Riding the thread, I just bought Doom VFR but I don't own nor plan on buying an Aim. Should I play with a DualShock or the Moves?

Do the tutorial and the first bit of Doom VFR with the Move wands to get an idea. It took me a little bit to get used to it but I thought it was more immersive than using a DS4. I buckled and ended up getting the Aim and that's also pretty fun, but the wands were great. I was like "wow, I FEEL like the Doomguy (even though that's not who you are in the game) and I FEEL like a part of the world" in a way I felt that only VR and motion controls could do.

Shrikey

Oct 27, 2017
These PSVR roundup-threads pop up every now and again. I think this is pretty much the first time it felt like the library is really, really solid. Before we were always waiting on something (Skyrim, wipeout etc.)

I just wish I had the time to play. VR with a toddler in the house is hard. Easier to drop everything and spring to action with regular games.

Also, Super HOT.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
Quite a few.

Good stuff.

Idk? The aim is a game changer and I think turned an ok game like Farpoint into a really fun and immersive experience

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
SUPER
HOT
SUPER
HOT
SUPER
HOT

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is a perfect party game.

Also, Accounting+ is genuinely hilarious. Top 3 funniest games I've ever played.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Do the tutorial and the first bit of Doom VFR with the Move wands to get an idea. It took me a little bit to get used to it but I thought it was more immersive than using a DS4. I buckled and ended up getting the Aim and that's also pretty fun, but the wands were great. I was like "wow, I FEEL like the Doomguy (even though that's not who you are in the game) and I FEEL like a part of the world" in a way I felt that only VR and motion controls could do.
Idk? The aim is a game changer and I think turned an ok game like Farpoint into a really fun and immersive experience
Thanks, I'll check out VFR with the Moves. The Aim seems nice but I live in Brazil and lol dat price nope

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I just want some good 'walking sim' games for PSVR. I mean Jesus... you'd think that would be the most prominent genre for the device.

Playing Firewatch, Edith Finch, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, and even The Witness recently made me think about how fucking great games like that would be in VR. :/

Paulogy

Oct 25, 2017
Well there's certainly a lot of great games to choose from now!
Here's the top 9 from UploadVR: https://uploadvr.com/best-psvr-games/
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (Review: 9/10)
  • Firewall Zero Hour [Review: 9/10]
  • The Persistence [Review: 8/10]
  • Farpoint [Review: 7.5/10]
  • Astro Bot: Rescue Mission [Review: 8.5/10]
  • Superhot VR [Review: 9/10]
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard [Review: 9/10]
  • The Exorcist: Legion VR [Review: 9/10]
  • Moss [Review: 9/10]