• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, guys, hope is the last to die, so I wonder if any of you still believe that games that seemly disappeared will make it's triumphant debut in 2019.

I myself still dream that the 90's arcade racer and hex heroes will see the light of the day next year. What about you?

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just hope we see a new FF7R trailer next year.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite everything, I still want to play Duke Begins. It was revealed Gearbox was working on it after Duke Nukem Forever but halted it to finish Aliens: Colonial Marines, claiming they'd start working on it again after that game was done. They've released some stuff since then (like Battleborn) but no Duke Nukem was officially mentioned since. Recently Randy Pitchford hinted at more Duke Nukem being in the works, which could mean this reboot of Duke Nukem is indeed in the works, but I'm not holding my breath. Still, it would be a nice surprise for this to be officially announced (I think the only official confirmation of it is from court papers) and released in a timely fashion, given the series has effectively been on hiatus for the whole decade now besides ports.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Questmania, the game that was supposed to follow Trackmania and Shootmania, and made literally no sense whatsoever from the moment it was announced.

QuestMania_TEMPbox.jpg

They have a Twitter account they've never used

I just want to know what the hell this was going to look like

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
It's not gonna happen (and I'm not sure if it counts as vaporware at this point or some other combination of things) but a new Timesplitters.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Routine.

I swear to god I'm writing this like four years in a row. Or give me an official cancellation.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Questmania, the game that was supposed to follow Trackmania and Shootmania, and made literally no sense whatsoever from the moment it was announced.

QuestMania_TEMPbox.jpg

They have a Twitter account they've never used

I just want to know what the hell this was going to look like

This is also an excellent candidate. It was announced 8 years ago. Nadeo still claims it's on like Donkey Kong, but they are concentrating on getting ShootMania in an ideal spot first... which is odd, considering the game's playerbase is pretty much dead. Also instead of uniting TrackMania like announced back then they decided to split it all into different smaller projects, plus that compilation of sorts that is Turbo which got basically 0 post-launch support unlike other titles. They wanted to create a giant hub where you can create tracks, shooter maps and RPGs under the same engine, the same roof, but inside different games that, however, function similarly at their core. They had this great concept of Maniaplanets and zones and such to have local and global communities, leaderboards, but it seems like it all went moot when they decided to stop with the union of games and release smaller, less connected titles instead.

So, how does QuestMania fit into all this? Nadeo claims it's still happening so we have to take their word for it I guess. We're almost in 2019 now, TrackMania's relevance is nowhere near where it was a decade ago (unfortunately), ShootMania failed to make an impact, there are other games out there to create RPGs and at this point I don't know if people care, nor if such an ambitious project has enough of a playerbase still interested. Such a project only makes sense if there's a large community of people playing and creating, because making a somewhat competent mini-RPG still requires more effort than making a simple track (and this is coming from someone who would spend dozens of hours on a single track in the original TrackMania games). I'd really want to see it done, even as an Early Access title, just to see what they are trying to do here exactly almost a decade after it was announced. I don't think Nadeo played their cards well regarding the whole Mania project after canning the excellent base of TrackMania United Forever to instead release smaller one environment games with half the features, but QuestMania remains an interesting concept that I'd love to play.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'm not sure if WiLD has officially slipped into vaporware yet,but it seems to have gone awfully quiet......hope it emerges again soon.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
This baffled me when it was announced as well. Different Trackmania games? Sure, I get that. Trackmania is relatively popular. Shootmania? Eeeh, you're straying a bit, but I guess it makes sense. A new arena shooter could be nice. Questmania? What the fuck? Nadeo is gonna make an MMO?

Then again that was at a time where pretty much any MMO would get a lot of hype and interest from me, but seeing how the recent Trackmania games turned out and how well Shootmania did (hint: it didn't), in a way I'm almost glad that we didn't see Questmania. I don't recall seeing any concept art or anything at the time, and I feel like it probably only existed in name alone and work never actually began on it. I'd like to be proven wrong, though. There's a weird air around Nadeo that really peaks my interest.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Not really a vaporware because it was never announced but I hope that we will finally get The Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel III in the West.

Also FFVIIR is not coming out in 2019.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Debatable if it could be called "vaporware", but Shin Megami Tensei V. The reason I say it's debatable to be called vaporware is because when the trailer was shown and it was announced as SMTV, they said it would be a while until it released and they had no real idea when it was coming out. I took this to mean 2019 or maybe even 2020. However, we have heard absolutely nothing about it since then other than a short blurb from an Atlus guy in Famitsu once saying they were still working on it and to be patient. I was hoping we would see a trailer or something in 2018, but the ship on that seems to have sailed at this point. Here's hoping we see footage early in 2019, with maaaaaaybe a late 2019 release date.

OP
OP
justiceiro

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wow, so many games I never heard from. I guess it's fitting XD

Debatable if it could be called "vaporware", but Shin Megami Tensei V. The reason I say it's debatable to be called vaporware is because when the trailer was shown and it was announced as SMTV, they said it would be a while until it released and they had no real idea when it was coming out. I took this to mean 2019 or maybe even 2020. However, we have heard absolutely nothing about it since then other than a short blurb from an Atlus guy in Famitsu once saying they were still working on it and to be patient. I was hoping we would see a trailer or something in 2018, but the ship on that seems to have sailed at this point. Here's hoping we see footage early in 2019, with maaaaaaybe a late 2019 release date.
This sounds exactly like TMS#FE. Don't worry too much.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Despite everything, I still want to play Duke Begins. It was revealed Gearbox was working on it after Duke Nukem Forever but halted it to finish Aliens: Colonial Marines, claiming they'd start working on it again after that game was done. They've released some stuff since then (like Battleborn) but no Duke Nukem was officially mentioned since. Recently Randy Pitchford hinted at more Duke Nukem being in the works, which could mean this reboot of Duke Nukem is indeed in the works, but I'm not holding my breath. Still, it would be a nice surprise for this to be officially announced (I think the only official confirmation of it is from court papers) and released in a timely fashion, given the series has effectively been on hiatus for the whole decade now besides ports.

I would be interested in this as well. Duke Forever was fucking awful but idk how much of that I could blame on Gearbox. Only because of the DLC for the game actually being decent and seeming like a good foundation for a fully new and original game from gearbox

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dead Island 2
WiLD
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (simply a new trailer is fine)
TimeSplitters Rewind (may be unfair to call it vaporware but it's a year since the last update and no word since THQ bought the IP)