• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gears of War was such a fun ride. Campy, over the top 80s sci-fy turned videogame. I miss it.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually playing Gears 3 right now, so this is actually scary opening a Gears thread lol

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
it's too bad we didn't get gears 2 ultimate, I guess after BC they gave up on remasters.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I re-bought Gears 2 and 3 just because of how much I missed them. It also always surprised me on reflection that - despite it being the definition of dude bro testosterone poisoning - it's one of the more inclusive mainstream gaming franchises out there.

Mike Double U

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
W H O
W A N T S
T O A S T ?

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Cutting their way out of the giant worm is one of the greatest cutscenes in gaming.
When I played Gears 2 in 4k, it was glorious.

Series deserves more credit for it's memorable moments. At least the first two games. Gears 3 has a lot of great moments too, but I actually forgot them all until I played through it recently. So I can't describe them as memorable.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember me and my friends playing through the game and dying with laughter at so many parts. Even the incredibly hamfisted moments that were supposed to be dramatic and have gravitas like certain character deaths.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
different game but

LOOK AT ALL THAT JUICE

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not forget that Gears of War had the greatest credits music ever:

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
This is a good thread. We needed a good one after all the shitty Epic threads.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Had a friend watching me when I first played Gears 2. When I got to the scene where Dom mercy kills his wife, he yelled out "BOOM HEADSHOT." I almost died laughing.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I still think about the LOOK AT ALL DAT JUICE line every now and then.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gears 2 wasn't the best of the series on any technical level, but fuck if it wasn't the most fun.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Played this game like the week before 4 came out. That Act was the defining Act for me from the entire Gears trilogy. Then Act 3 from Gears 4 happened.

I re-bought Gears 2 and 3 just because of how much I missed them. It also always surprised me on reflection that - despite it being the definition of dude bro testosterone poisoning - it's one of the more inclusive mainstream gaming franchises out there.

Yup, fully agreed. Loved the diverse cast of characters that the series has and is gonna continue to have.

Oct 25, 2017
Delta Squad is in your house, bitch! You hear that shit? All you grubby-ass bitches are going down! Like, way down! Dead down! So down you ain't gonna know which way is up! Your asses are gonna be crying to your skank-ass Queen, 'Oh Mommy, don't let the bad man hurt us!' Fuck you! We gonna whoop yo momma's ass! WHOO!!!