• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I liked the last challenge a lot. The big dude gassed his forearms with that early display of speed which was completely unneccessary. If his grip didn't become completely shot he could have won it for sure.

As for the first challenge, they really should have put on of the bigger guys opposite the car dealer. The smaller guys just got dragged across the stage and had to fight it out between them. Ice climber would have stood a chance if he made it past the first round.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
I liked the last challenge a lot. The big dude gassed his forearms with that early display of speed which was completely unnecessary. If his grip didn't become completely shot he could have won it for sure

Yeah! that was his undoing! using that burst power at the start and he didn't recover after that
If he did it at normal pace, He most likely would have won

I'm looking forward to the 2nd season and an international spinoff would be nice lol

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
One interesting thing about the finale and the winner is that the eventual winner was less than a second from being eliminated in round one because he fumbled with the key to his lock.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I was so sad that Mincheol was the very first to be eliminated. He was my number one pick to win. I think he would have beaten the second and third games just fine. Anyone know his social media? I wanna follow him now. I saw a YT video of him and some other players at a climbing gym and eating out together. Super cool for the contestants to have become friends.

After watching this, I decided to watch the first season of Strongmen, and Kim Sik, Jin-hyeong, Hae-min and what looked like the winner himself, Jin-yong (although he didn't make it past the very first round). Jin and Hae-min were in the top 3 there, and they were both beasts in that too.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Great show overall but the last episode was a little underwhelming to be honest.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
WTF one of the contestant Kim Da Young is a School Bully, the ones you see antagonists on dramas and manga

The next week, she and her friend was waiting for me after school. She told me she was sorry for taking my money and said we should go to a karaoke room. (When we got there) I was forced to my knees, and she grabbed my hair and slapped my face. She then took my phone and told my friend to come out to the park late at night…

In the empty park, two of my friends were also hit in the same way as me. We were kicked in our stomachs and hit in the head while we were on our knees on the dirt floor. We couldn't run away because she called her guy friends who would say things like 'Strip them and make them get on their knees over the broken glass'…

That day has become a scar that won't go away for over ten years. After that day, I never saw the person again and didn't know how she was living until I saw her face in an online cafe. When I saw she was being celebrated as a 'cool person,' my hands shook, and I couldn't do anything.

There are many victims

www.koreaboo.com

"Physical: 100" Contestant Kim Da Young Is Hit With A String Of Bullying Allegations

Netflix's Physical:100 contestant, Kim Da Young, has been hit with several allegations accusing her of being a school bully.

Her statement. She is saying, she can't remember doing any physical abuse but only verbal stuff

Last edited:

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, i honestly think they should separate men and women contestants. It's simply way too lopsided and doesn't make for good TV when you know the woman will lose. A man at top peak physical condition is simply going to be impossible for a woman to compete against.

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
I liked the last challenge a lot. The big dude gassed his forearms with that early display of speed which was completely unneccessary. If his grip didn't become completely shot he could have won it for sure.

As for the first challenge, they really should have put on of the bigger guys opposite the car dealer. The smaller guys just got dragged across the stage and had to fight it out between them. Ice climber would have stood a chance if he made it past the first round.

Agreed. With so much rope to pull, there was no reason for him to try and burst through that initially. Classic tortoise and the hare.

Sayre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, i honestly think they should separate men and women contestants. It's simply way too lopsided and doesn't make for good TV when you know the woman will lose. A man at top peak physical condition is simply going to be impossible for a woman to compete against.
I'm not sure I agree. There's probably better ways to balance the games.. but in this season, you had a woman beat a man 1 on 1 in the first elimination game.. a mostly women team that was the underdog, beat the mostly male team in the sands game, and the same mostly women team that lost the ship game by only 2 minutes.

The different ranges of body types is true for men as well where you could have men competing 1-1 where the weights are vastly different.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Well, this is kinda fucked up
The last challenge was redone 3 times

surerefund 45 points

The last final mission, the rope pulling mission, started and both sides started pulling. It was said that they had been pulling for a while, and at that time, Jung Hae-min pulled a lot more and the difference was quite large. At this time, Woo Jin-yong raised his hand and raised a problem. It was claimed that there was a problem with the machine. The first match ended like this.
The crew ran and checked the machine condition. It was said that there was no problem with the machine. At this time, Woo Jin-yong said that there was too much 'squeak' sound, and Jung Hae-min said to the production team that 'there is a squeak when the pulley rolls for the first time'. In the end, the production team said that they lubricated both machines and lowered the tension of the pulley with the rope to adjust the difficulty so that it could be easily pulled.
In the restarted match, both sides were able to untangle easily. In the second game, Jung Hae-min was ahead, and the game ended. But this time, the production team demanded a rematch. It is said that there was a problem with the audio of the final game and the video could not be used. Person B, who knows the situation at the time, said, "It is said that five members of the production team asked for a rematch and pressured Haemin Jung. It is a project with a lot of production costs, so it can't go on TV like this." At the time, the production team said, 'There were actually winning parts, so they offered to cut the rope a little bit'.
Jung Hae-min said, 'I pulled with all my might in the first and second times, and it was impossible because I poured all my strength,' but after the production team hung on for tens of minutes, Jung Hae-min accepted the rematch. The scene where Jung Hae-min's rope doesn't turn is from the third match. Mr. A said, "I don't know if it's a pulley that doesn't really turn." Woo Jin-yong and Jung Hae-min do not give clear answers, so the truth is unknown. Anyway, that's how the finals ended and the winner was decided. The prize money for first place is 300 million won, but there is nothing for second place.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sayre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
That's messed up. At that point, why not do it another day and let the contestants rest up? Or give 2nd place something because of their screw up

OP
OP
Rice Eater

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think they'll do this because part of the appeal is watching women compete against me. It made for good storylines too like Eun-Sil's underdog team winning and team 3 in the ship stage only finishing a few minutes behind team 2 who was a much stronger team overall.

On the other hand I saw a lot of complaining about fairness. A lot of people wanted the stages to be altered so that women would have a better chance of winning the whole thing. But that goes against the spirit of the show. It's supposed to be about who has the best physique regardless of age, gender, or background(or whatever the quote is).

So either they do separate the sexes or women and smaller men just have to compete with bigger, faster, and stronger men whom they probably have no chance against. But I would prefer they keep men and women competing together.

WTF, they fucking robbed my man Jae Min. He beat the odds because neither really big people or really small people were suppose to have a chance to win it all. But despite weighing around 250 pounds he made it to the end and won it. But it was stolen from him because of production issues? Man that's fucked up.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It was ok. Just too tedious and repetitive watching the same tasks over and over. After I watched the first time playing the task I couldn't take a 2nd of third. And I think the first show was mainly just introducing a lot of the contestants which wasn't fun.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
We should have seen the signs, they replayed every scene three times, of course they were gonna do the ending three times
Obviously this is a running joke in the thread and from reading user reviews on RT, it's clear most people don't know this happens in more or less every Korean reality show. I'm not sure if it's an attention-span thing or what the original justification for it is, but you'll see it in every reality/variety show that comes out of Korea. The original broadcasts on Korean TV of a lot of variety/reality shows will often have a lot of "Oohs" from an audience [not the peanut gallery like on this show] randomly as well. Just as an FYI.

I noticed even the professional reviews referred to it as "poor editing" when in fact it's just the cultural norm.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Fun show. There's a lot of luck involved of course, but it's definitely entertaining. I'm in love with Eun-Sil.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Obviously this is a running joke in the thread and from reading user reviews on RT, it's clear most people don't know this happens in more or less every Korean reality show. I'm not sure if it's an attention-span thing or what the original justification for it is, but you'll see it in every reality/variety show that comes out of Korea. The original broadcasts on Korean TV of a lot of variety/reality shows will often have a lot of "Oohs" from an audience [not the peanut gallery like on this show] randomly as well. Just as an FYI.

I noticed even the professional reviews referred to it as "poor editing" when in fact it's just the cultural norm.
Yeah, I was told by my brother that a lot of Korean shows do this, and while I got used to it after a while, it still is annoying.
The situation sucks, just couldn't resist the low hanging fruit

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

It could explain why there's no big celebration and why #2 never posted anything about the show on his insta. Hopefully this picks up steam in Korea.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
It could explain why there's no big celebration and why #2 never posted anything about the show on his insta. Hopefully this picks up steam in Korea.

YEAH! WTF if everything stated there is true then Jung Hae-mi should have won!

m.ilyo.co.kr

[단독] 결승전에 무슨 일이…넷플릭스 ‘피지컬: 100’ 편집 논란

[일요신문] “왜곡 없이 담는 것, 그것으로 저희 프로그램이 완성됐다.”넷플릭스에서 방영되며 글로벌 성공을 거둔 ‘피지컬: 100’을 연출한 장호기 MBC PD의 말이다. 장 PD는 ‘피지컬: 100’ 기자간담회에서 이 같이 말했다. 이어 “제작진도 어느 출연자가 어디까지 올라갈지, 우리 나름대로 큰 가...

DeepL translation
"Physical: 100" is a survival game in which 100 people compete for a prize of 300 million won to find the best body. The show accumulated 45.42 million hours of cumulative viewing time from February 13 to 19 this year. That means at least 45 million people watched the program. For the second week in a row, "The Physical: 100" was the top non-English-language TV show in the global top 10. The online community is still buzzing about the final episode of Physical: 100.

The top two contestants, Woo Jin Yong and Jung Hae Min, played a game called "Infinite Rope Pull" to determine the final winner. The winner is the contestant who can pull the rope on the pulley the longest. The online community has been talking about this infinite rope pull. In the broadcast, there is a scene where Woo Jin-yong pulls the rope on the wheel and the rope comes out relatively easily, but Jung Hae-min doesn't even flinch when pulling the rope on his arm. There are even suspicions about this.

In response, Woo Jinyong said, "I don't have anything to say." Netflix said, "After checking with the MBC production team, the suspicion that there was a problem with Mr. Jung's equipment is not true, and there was no request for a rematch from Mr. Jung."

However, according to the Sunday newspaper, this was not the only problem surrounding the final. It turns out that there was not just one final match, but a whole series of events that led to the winner being changed. We sent a message to Jung Hae-min to find out what happened, but did not receive a reply. "I know that Jung Hae Min is very heartbroken over this," said an insider who asked not to be named, "which is probably why he is not doing any activities related to 'Physical: 100'." According to the Sunday newspaper's interview with the cast and crew, the situation was as follows.

The final task, the rope pull, started and both sides started pulling. They had been pulling for a while, and at that time, Jung Hae Min was pulling much more, and the difference was getting quite large. At this point, Woo Jin-yong raised his hand and raised an issue. He claimed that there was a problem with the machine. The first game was stopped.

The crew rushed to check the machine. They said there was nothing wrong with the machine. At this point, Woo Jin Yong complained that there was too much squeaking, and Jung Hae Min told the crew that the pulleys sometimes squeak when they first start rolling. In the end, the producers lubricated both machines and lowered the tension on the pulley with the rope to make it easier to pull.

When the match resumed, both were able to untie the rope with ease. In the second match, Jeong ended up winning. However, this time, the producers demanded a rematch. The audio of the final match was having problems and the video was unusable. Mr. B, an official who knew the situation, said, "Five members of the production team surrounded Jung Hae-min and pressured him to play a rematch. They said, "It's an expensive project, so we can't broadcast it like this. At the time, the production team offered to cut the rope a little bit because he actually won.

He said, "I pulled with all my might the first time and the second time, and it was impossible because I used all my strength," but after tens of minutes of struggling, he finally agreed to a rematch. The scene of the rope not turning on Jung Hae Min's side came from the third match. "I don't know if it's really a stuck pulley," Mr. A said. Neither Woo Jin-yong nor Jung Hae-min gave a clear answer, so we don't know the truth. Anyway, that's how the finals ended and the winners were announced. The first prize is 300 million won, but the second prize is nothing.

This is one of the reasons why the final scene of The Physical: 100 felt a bit hollow. Typically, survival shows end with the winner roaring or performing some sort of ceremony, and the previous contestants taking turns celebrating. On the other hand, the final episode of "Physical: 100" ends with a few words from Woo Jin Yong as soon as the game is over. It was said that both sides were not in a winning mood because of the cliffhanger ending.

It is said that the previous eliminators were not immediately aware of the situation. The cast members who were hired to cheer for the eliminated contestants were waiting in a room, watching the monitors and reacting. They only knew that Woo Jin Yong raised his hand and the game was stopped, or that there were several rematches in a chaotic situation, but they didn't know the details. However, Mr. A explained, "It's such a sensitive topic that even the cast members are taking it easy, but it was said that the result was unexpected because Jung Hae Min Jeon's full strength was used up," he said.

Some of them were surprised to hear about the situation later. "When I heard about this, I thought, 'Why didn't they immediately protest? Even if there was an audio problem, they shouldn't have accepted the rematch. They said, 'Why would you replay an Olympic final because of an audio problem,' but it was too late."

Mr. C, a member of the public who has appeared on reality programs, said that in a similar situation, it would be difficult for a member of the public cast to raise the issue with the producers. "In reality, in reality or survival programs, there are times when there are problems or confusion in the process, but it is difficult for a member of the public who is not familiar with the culture of the filming site to raise issues such as 'demanding reshoots' when the crew of more than 100 people is tired." "Even if I don't want to do it, the five writers who have been communicating with me for a long time are in town, and if I appease them, I will have no choice but to accept the rematch in that situation," Mr. C said.

In response to these allegations, the MBC production team said, "After checking, it is not true that the final was held a total of three times," and "The production team is currently discussing how to respond to various unconfirmed rumors on the Internet."

Meanwhile, the online community has been speculating about Jung Hae Min's recent absence from posting about "Physical: 100" on her Instagram. While the cast of "Physical: 100" has been posting about the global success of the show, Jung Hae Min, the second runner-up, hasn't posted any. A source familiar with Jung Hae Min said, "Jung Hae Min is so hurt that he regrets appearing on 'Physical: 100'. He doesn't want to talk about 'Physical: 100' anymore."

Reporter Kim Tae-hyun [email protected]

Last edited:

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
If that's true that's disgusting.

Makes sense as well - the guy was amazing at first - presumed he had just tired himself out after his heroics

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to comment this before but the green and blue teams really destroyed everybody. Blue team especially had 3 of the 5 finalists. I like green better so I was cheering for the guy that ended up being named the winner but gotta admit this is some bullshit on the production team's side.

Seneku

Nov 1, 2017
If that's even remotely true that's pretty much left a very sour note on the whole thing, in a few points there some obvious editing to make some matches look closer than they actually were which was annoying but understandable from a show point of view but messing with the actual outcome and forcing them to redo it 3 times, yeah that's some absolute bollocks!

Sayre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
why not do it the 3rd time just for the b-roll but keep the winner? It doesn't make sense and 200k is just too much money to pull BS like that. People have killed for less.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
WTF one of the contestant Kim Da Young is a School Bully, the ones you see antagonists on dramas and manga

There are many victims

www.koreaboo.com

"Physical: 100" Contestant Kim Da Young Is Hit With A String Of Bullying Allegations

Netflix's Physical:100 contestant, Kim Da Young, has been hit with several allegations accusing her of being a school bully.

Her statement. She is saying, she can't remember doing any physical abuse but only verbal stuff

Also, it's not just her.

One of the members has been accused of assault and another member threatened his ex-girlfriend when she broke up with him and that case was sent to the prosecution. Both of these members were National Team Atheletes too.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Also, it's not just her.

One of the members has been accused of assault and another member threatened his ex-girlfriend when she broke up with him and that case was sent to the prosecution. Both of these members were National Team Atheletes too.

I Googled it and apparently it's the rugby guy! The guy that I've been rooting for. Why do I always choose the problematic one :(

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020

- YouTube

Apparently MBC, the Korean network, is trying to keep everyone hush hush by threatening to sue them if they keep mentioning about the "3 takes" in the finale and that it's not true. Even though the sources are within the actual production team.

Honestly, I'm not surprised there is manipulation in this show. Another network, MNet, is very famous for their manipulation when it came to the Idol Shows they released. Everywhere from manipulating in the editing, to the votes.

It's why, even though I wanted to enjoy this, I just can't ever get too excited for reality shows as Korean networks love manipulating shows like this.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
However, MBC has refuted the rumors, stating it's not true the final quest had to be done in 3 rounds. The network stated, "We've checked again, and we can confirm it's not true the final game was done 3 times. The production team is discussing taking legal action against these baseless rumors."

www.allkpop.com

'Physical: 100' faces allegations finale was manipulated

'Physical: 100' is facing allegations the finale was manipulated.According to reports on February 25, the final episode of the popular Netfl…

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like the first few episodes were good but then I lost interest very quickly. Dunno if it is the games or the editing. Just wasn't enjoyable anymore.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Just finished watching. If it's true the last challenge was done 3 times, they edited it well lol because I couldn't tell from the participants expressions and demeanor after it ended.

Also, I didn't know the whole repeating a scene like 3 times so often was a cultural thing in Korea, but it really puts me off, it's really annoying so I might not bother with another Korean reality show.

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
Hey now, let's not tar all Korean reality shows with the same brush when The Genius exists.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Add me to the pile that hates those multiple instant replay scenes from different perspectives shit. I noticed it a lot in another Korean netflix dating show so i figured the same group of editors worked on this show too.

microdot

Oct 29, 2017
Add me to the pile that hates those multiple instant replay scenes from different perspectives shit. I noticed it a lot in another Korean netflix dating show so i figured the same group of editors worked on this show too.

Same. More than 3 replays is so grating. I think it's a cultural thing because I've seen it in other Korean reality shows.

Anyway, I thought the show was okay. I needed to fast forward a ton, because it was boring watch people suffering until they completed their goal. I laughed hard at the Korean John Cena botox looking dude.

Eun Sil is a queen

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017