• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, when my best friend slept over or I slept over at her house we slept together because we had double beds. My friends and I never had huge sleep over parties, it was usally only 1 to 2 other people.

*shrug* I just know there were plenty of times as a kid I slept on the floor due to bigger parties like birthdays and stuff, or if we all just got together. Making a "pallet" was a pretty regular thing.

And especially in my later teenage/young adult years at prime drinking age, I'd end up on the floor all the time. Gotta make due with what you got when you're drinking with a bunch of dumbasses in a 1 bedroom apartment.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
*shrug* I just know there were plenty of times as a kid I slept on the floor due to bigger parties like birthdays and stuff, or if we all just got together. Making a "pallet" was a pretty regular thing.

And especially in my later teenage/young adult years at prime drinking age, I'd end up on the floor all the time. Gotta make due with what you got when you're drinking with a bunch of dumbasses in a 1 bedroom apartment.

Well, my best friend always rented an indoor pool and had a pool party so there was no way to sleep over there and my other friends just had day parties.

I am not a drinker or wild party person so I came home and slept in my bed at night.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
i legit miss sleeping on the floor, or on a thin futon mattress. from like, age 15 to 25 i basically slept on a (western) futon in it's couch form and then, once the cheap-ish frame was ruined, slept on the futon mattress folded in two on the floor. it was amazing and i really loved it. also throughout the years ive slept on floors at various times.

i only really got a bed when i moved into my first apartment by myself, and it was because my mother refused to see her adult son continue sleeping on the floor so she bought one. also, i guess it was good for fucking because im sure anyone i brought home would frown upon getting pounded out on a few furry blankets on a hardwood floor, so all's well that ends well i guess.

still though, i share a bed with my fiancee now and every once in awhile i mention how much i loved and missed sleeping on the floor or on my little coffin-width futon mattress and she looks at me like im fucking crazy. ill sometimes wake up extra early and go out to the living room and lay on the floor to watch a movie or something.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I did for 5 weeks watiing for my bed to be delivered. Can't say nothing bad about it, I can sleep on whatever and could live without a bed for sure if needed. No backpains, no nothing. People are so dependent on just about everything these days.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I used to for like the first 12 years of my life, I would spread a blanket on the floor and sleep on it. I'm not sure if it was because we were that poor or because my dad was cheap.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went through a phase as a little kid where I slept on the floor next to the bed. I think it was because I would get overheated.

Aside from that, no.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I was just looking at some foam mattresses at Walmart today and i just may do that. Do you still put a bedsheet on it? I probably would. I love the idea of sleeping on the floor for back support/benefit, which is my primary motivator, but on foam just for a bit more comfort. I think I found my solution!

Since it's for a camper it has a couch like material covering it. I just put my blanket on it and fold the blanket over me.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
ive done it recently at my mom's place,

when i was a kid i slept in a wheelbarrow once

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I slept on the floor for about 3 months once. I had moved an needed to buy a new bed, but I was really busy at work and lazy on the weekends. I got used to it after a bit and started to kinda like it. I think it made me more productive. I rarely slept in and almost never took naps. It just wasn't comfortable enough to do either.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I did when I first moved into my current house. Didn't have a bed. Surprisingly not too bad, but I vastly prefer the memory foam mattress I got since then.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
fence-5aba90763037130037475000.jpg

That perfect glute chi

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
If you exclusively sleep on your back and never roll around in your sleep, I'd say go for it? But for the vast majority of people who can't sleep flat on their back through the whole night, the floor provides zero support for your spine, resulting in back issues.

My boyfriend and I literally just bought a new mattress for this exact reason, and lo and behold, his back/shoulder issues almost immediately went away.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading some crazy shit when my son was first born that you shouldn't let your baby sleep low to the ground because dangerous chemicals lurk like an inch off the floor.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Update - have slept on the floor for three days now and I am AMAZED at how it has benefitted me. Deeper sleep, zero back pain in the morning, and i even have less knee and hip pain in the morning and during the day. To each their own of course, but for me it has done a great deal of benefit. Im amazed!

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I prefer it almost sometimes, can be more comfortable than my bed which is crazy because my bed is incredibly comfortable!

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I guess I sleep on the ground whenever I camp and often without a mat. That's softer than the hard floor though. Every now and then I can get a comfortable position on the floor -- I used to take naps in the university library on the top floor when I had a gap between classes and I was tired. Sometimes it sucked but sometimes it felt great.

Jul 18, 2018
My friend is pure bred American and his wife is Japanese. There have been plenty of times where she will get out of bed and sleep on the ground. Think main issue could be he likes a soft bed and she is used to a harder/firmer surface. He tried the floor and didn't do him any good. But yea this has been happening more frequently, I think it's time for a firmer mattress