• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rhindle

Oct 27, 2017
I have on occasion. If I'm traveling and staying at a place with a soft/saggy mattress, I'd rather sleep on the floor.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
No way! You'll get bugs & spiders & mites crawling over you at night!
Trust me, a bed isn't any better at protecting you from bugs and spiders. The way you protect yourself is by cleaning your house, removing any sort of spots for them to hide and keeping your place reasonably sealed.

On topic: I've slept on the floor w/ a futon for years now. I used to wake up heavily sore sleeping on a traditional mattress because my back has been all kinds off fucked up and I need an ultra-firm surface. Plus I've tended to move around a lot and it's saved me a fair amount of money not having to deal with purchasing a full bed.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
The best solution is a new mattress that doesn't depress in the wrong places and create pressure points, but if that isn't within your budget and you are a back sleeper versus side sleeper, a carpeted floor with some cushioning might be your best bet.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried a futon the first year of graduate school. I mean, it's doable, but it's far from a comfortable experience.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
actually, sleeping on the floor isn't so bad. if it were just a little softer than the floor i might even prefer it to a normal bed. like let's say there's 3 layers of carpet instead of one

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I sleep on the floor when I'm too tired to shower and don't want to dirty my bed. It's really not that bad as long as you have a blanket or something to keep you warm.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there I'd sleep on the ground and use rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like...

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually better for your spine to be sleeping on the floor. A bit of cushion goes a long way. Japanese mat, futon, even just a doubled-up blanket. Been doing it for years.

A soft bed sinks your spine.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I've slept on wood flooring with only a blanket underneath for years. It took about a week to get used to. Sleeping on a bed has since lost its appeal to me.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ITT: westerners xd

I only sleep on the floor if my back is killing me, otherwise I've got a pillow under my legs on a mattress.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I've slept on the floor plenty of times in my life. Given the choice though? Absolutely not, a Bed is so much better.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I did it as a teenager. My brother doesn't like sleeping with his wife so when I moved in for a while he moved out of his room and just slept on the floor next to her. It's not that bad.
Why was the wife on the floor? Has brother married a dog?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I sleep on the floor when I fuck up my neck/back like a dumbass so I see the appeal.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
A few times a week. My carpet is very plush, so I will often shower right before bedtime and have the carpet double as a bed and a towel.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Many people in Korea still sleep on hardwood floors with nothing but a comforter. They love hard beds. Don't know if it's good for you or not. I would guess not but my parents insist.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
I've done it out of necessity because I let my wife and son take the bed.... The floor sucks lol. Even carpeted it's hard and hurts

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I've slept on the floor before. It wasn't a choice tho. I just woke up on the floor one day.

Now I sleep there all the time. It just feels natural to me. I just sleep on my stomach.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
The first two weeks are the worst. After that you'll find it's the best way to get a good nights sleep! If your experience is anything like mine, anyway. Been sleeping on the floor for 5+ years now.
big points:
#1) I hope you enjoy sleeping on your back.
#2) sleeping on a comforter is pretty good, but see if you can find a sheepskin or other fur skin. very comfy.
#3) if you're considering have a sleeping partner in any regard you'll probs want a mattress or futon somewhere. the chance to have sex with someone who doesnt also sleep on the floor... is slim
#4) take note of your current posture and compare it to how you stand in a few months. it worked wonders for my slouchiness