• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oct 30, 2017
did for the first 5 years i lived in japan. it's good! but i don't know that i'd switch from a bed to it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I slept on the floor through high school. I liked it, could really cozy in with a pile of blankets.

This is what i may end up doing. It sounds wonderful really.

I don't have a bed frame anyway. Just straight on the floor with a giant matress and it's fine

I may also do this. I just dig the idea of sleeping closer to the ground. I used to sleep on a wooden futon years ago about a foot off the ground and remember getting amazing sleeps.

Deleted member 59

I slept in a sleeping bag on a floor for six months when i broke my bed and couldn't be bothered to buy a new one, and i had amazing sleeps. Love it, i could easily not have a bed, but need one for social norms!

During summer it's great, so much cooler down on the floor

_illmatic_

Jan 8, 2018
I had a really old bad mattress when I first moved out on my own. It actually was terrible for my back. I threw it out with the bed and started sleeping on the floor with sheets, pillows, etc. Honestly it was some of the best sleep I've ever had. So that for about 2 1/2 years. Since then I've gotten a memory foam mattress that is pretty decent, but if I ever have bouts of stuff back/neck from the bed/mattress I head back to the floor for a nights rest.

Oct 28, 2017
no I sleep in a proper bed.

batman20bed1ij3w.jpg

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Mmmmm I'm loving all these casually racist takes from Westerners about how normal people don't sleep on the floor. Keep it up, mates, maybe you'll reform the savages one day after all.

Diddy Kong

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes when I get back pain for a few days I'll sleep on the floor for a few nights and it helps somehow.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I've been sleeping on the floor for ten years. Not through choice (long story).
I do put the sofa cushions down though. I'm just used to it now. I think it has helped my posture, I'm 37 and I've never had back problems.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
My brother does this. I don't get it at all. No pillows or anything; just a carpeted floor and maybe a blanket.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
We have a 3 inch foam mattress out of our camper on the floor in my den. Originally my wife brought it in, so she could look into getting a cover for it. I sleep on it all the time. We do need a new mattress, but for now I think I prefer the floor with 3 inch foam.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Sleeping on the floor is good for your back.

But in my experience it's not as comfortable as a bed with a nice mattress. Always get the best mattress you can afford.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've done it a couple of times due to the circumstances, but it made my back feel great.

Doing it at times is definitely good for you.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I slept on a cow skin carpet at a sleep over once and on a Japanese tatami sleeping mat.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
One time I was drinking super high gravity beer and didn't know it was high gravity, and I did, yeah.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am considering switching from sleeping on a bed to sleeping on a carpeted floor. Did some cursory research online and looks like it may be good for you.

Anybody here do this?
I tried sleeping on the carpet for about a week before my bed arrived.

Nearly broke me. Took me about an hour every morning to recover.

A carpet may look soft but it is much much harder than a bed.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to this thread I am now seriously considering ditching my bed frame and just sticking the slats on the floor with the mattress on top.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have a 3 inch foam mattress out of our camper on the floor in my den. Originally my wife brought it in, so she could look into getting a cover for it. I sleep on it all the time. We do need a new mattress, but for now I think I prefer the floor with 3 inch foam.

Well, I was just looking at some foam mattresses at Walmart today and i just may do that. Do you still put a bedsheet on it? I probably would. I love the idea of sleeping on the floor for back support/benefit, which is my primary motivator, but on foam just for a bit more comfort. I think I found my solution!

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Why normal you be just can't people"

"No I'm not a psycho."

"Yup, I also enjoy peeing in my kitchen sink, it's much more comfortable."

"No, I sleep on the bed like a normal person."

"No. Humans invented beds for a reason."

"Lol, Lol, Lol." Hot take? I sleep on the floor to combat chronic back problems, glad it amuses you :)

I have chronic back problems* and have slept on the floor before but I'm OK with joking about it. Glad you dispute my right to slight wry amusement. Ever consider that YOU'RE the monster?

* massive disc lesion at L4, L5 with surgeries to remove bone and tissue and relieve pressure in canal and fluid. I sleep on the floor if I get certain kinds of spasm.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
There was a time in my life where my bed consisted of a mattress on the floor. Does that count? I honestly kind of liked it.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I have chronic back problems* and have slept on the floor before but I'm OK with joking about it. Glad you dispute my right to slight wry amusement. Ever consider that YOU'RE the monster?

* massive disc lesion at L4, L5 with surgeries to remove bone and tissue and relieve pressure in canal and fluid. I sleep on the floor if I get certain kinds of spasm.
My message was aimed at Staedler, only after I posted did I realize it might seem I was targeting everyone else. I apologize.

"The why can't you fuckers be normal" meme bothers me as it's thread shitting and shuts down conversation, and even though you were doing a twist on it I didn't think this thread warranted it's use. I'm sorry about your back issues, my older cousin had rods inserted and vertebrae fused(Scoliosis) when I was a kid and his suffering really affected me.

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some people in this thread are acting like sleeping on the floor once is some crazy cred right of passage.

Like we're y'all never kids/teenagers? I've slept on the floor so many times due to just weird circumstances. I wouldn't prefer it or recommend it now, but every now and then laying down on a hard floor for a while can feel great.

cdr Jameson

Oct 27, 2017
Don't put your mattress on the floor, you can get mold.
We use a tatami and a futon on top, it's so much better then a bed and you save a lot of space.

I have slept on a bare floor plenty. Can get pretty cold honestly. Do not recommend.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
i honestly love sleeping on the floor stomach down with my arms tucked under me. it feels so right compared to my foam mattress.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I occasionally take naps on the floor, no mattress, just comforter and pillow. Makes the back feel good

But their like 1 1/2-2 hour naps at most

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Some people in this thread are acting like sleeping on the floor once is some crazy cred right of passage.

Like we're y'all never kids/teenagers? I've slept on the floor so many times due to just weird circumstances. I wouldn't prefer it or recommend it now, but every now and then laying down on a hard floor for a while can feel great.

I had a bed when I was a kid and teenager... I've never slept on a floor. Why would I sleep on a floor as a kid or teenager?

To answer the question, no I have never slept on a floor and I'd never be able to fall asleep that way.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Not if you want to have sex with most romantic partners.

I sleep in a giant ass platform bed with me and the Women of the house.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
You never went to parties or sleepovers or anything where you ended up sleeping on the floor?

No, when my best friend slept over or I slept over at her house we slept together because we had double beds. My friends and I never had huge sleep over parties, it was usally only 1 to 2 other people.