• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Heh, saw this for the first time yesterday and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Gotta say, I was not prepared for the scene where Steve Martin starts dropping the F bombs, seemed like a wholesome family comedy up until that point lol.

That's what makes it so brilliant. John Hughes had this way of writing movies that could skirt that line of being both good family movies but also more adult comedy pints that weren't held back. Things aren't forced, the inclusion of Steven Martin saying the f word in a movie that otherwise has almost no cursing in it really drives home the point of just how pissed his character and felt natural, not to mention it was damn memorable because of that.

Even though it's rated R most people would be completely comfortable showing it to their families.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's what makes it so brilliant. John Hughes had this way of writing movies that could skirt that line of being both good family movies but also more adult comedy pints that weren't held back. Things aren't forced, the inclusion of Steven Martin saying the f word in a movie that otherwise has almost no cursing in it really drives home the point of just how pissed his character and felt natural, not to mention it was damn memorable because of that.

Even though it's rated R most people would be completely comfortable showing it to their families.
Yep. Saw it as a kid and we all laughed our asses off. #80sparenting

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching it now...I've lost count the amount of times I've seen this film, I know all the gags but my God it just gets funnier.

My face is hurting and it's only half way through.

I WANT A FUCKING CAR

That and the "You're going the wrong way"

Last edited: