• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
.. hmm yes actually when I think about it

Played by FAR the most om Switch since its release. Nintendo games and REALLY prefer indies on switch before ps4/pc

So yeah

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, there's no going back for me. I need the hybrid flexibility in my life now. Not bought a single game on a non Switch console since I bought it and I don't see that changing for the forseeable future.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, absolutely the Switch is my main console. I was a little surprised by how easily it fit into my life. I don't use my PS4 anywhere near as much as I used to, due to the tv generally being taken for other things, and PC was getting the bulk of my attention. PC is still my primary gaming system, but I easily use the Switch far more than PS4.

Now I'm just hoping some Wii U games I meant to eventually play get ported. Come on, Wonderful 101!

Neifirst

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't bought a game for my PS4 Pro since Horizon in March and don't imagine I'll be doing so any time soon unless Sony manages to get exclusivity for DQXI somehow.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Never.

Nintendo consoles have been secondary to me since N64. They're just Nintendo boxes to me that are only good for Nintendo's exclusives. Don't really care for portability either since I don't play games outside. Best way to game is having PlayStation as your primary and Nintendo as your secondary. You get all the best exclusives from both sides and the best 3rd Party games from Sony's side.

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have more games for Switch than i have on PS4 and spend more time with it atm (BotW, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 is coming in a week) also i play most indies on switch. So it's definitely not a secondary system for me.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I only really use portables. Switch is definitely my 'main' and probably my only system for new games going forward, although I've still got a small stack of Vita/3DS back catalogue titles to play too.

King of Cups

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Sold my PS4 long ago because there weren't very many interesting games for it at the time (talking about a year or so after launch), and I was at the start of going to school and changing careers. Went primarily PC until that backfired with backlog overload. The Switch is the first time I've felt like I can truly appreciate being able to play games as an adult.

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
Definitely. With so many games I want (releasing or already out), it probably will be for a few years. Like most Nintendo systems :P

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
It certainly has been my primary console this year just with Zelda, Mario, and Splatoon. My ps4 hasn't gotten nearly as much play time outside of the 97 I put into Persona 5. Compare that to the 250+ I have on my Switch.

Next year looks like it will probably reverse with Ni No Kuni II, God of War, KH3, etc. on the way. I would love be proven wrong though with more unannounced Nintendo exclusives. It's a win-win either way.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo continue to be the 2nd best because their ability to produce exclusives

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
This year, absolutely yes. Surprises me too, I expected to be hooked with Zelda and Odyssey but I haven't played a game not named League of Legends for 200+ hours in a long, long time.

Only time I've really had a break from it was for Persona 5 for a month, but even then I was playing BOTW in bed. Got a nice backlog going too. I ended up selling my D1 Xbox One because it really wasn't going to get any play anymore.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Its my main indie console. But I love AAA games, so outside of Nintendo titles I have to go with my Xbox One X now.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
When they put out a better version that scales better on big screen televisions when docked I would love to have my switch be my go to for Eastern developed games and first party Nintendo.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
This idea that the whole desire for portability is because of the ability to play games out of the house, really needs to end.

Except that's not what I meant. I meant portability outside and inside. I don't care for portability, period. But I still have every handheld and I used to be a big handheld gamer prior to this generation and well prior. Still play modern handheld gaming thanks to 3DS/Vita but with Switch, my handheld gaming has come to a close with modern systems, since I use that system entirely as a console. I've just grown into more console eccentric gaming over the years and I prefer that.

The Switch's portability means nothing to me.

Oct 26, 2017
Me for sure and it will be for the whole gen until Nintendo puts out its successor. That's how it's always been for me. :)

Line-up so far:

Super Mario Odyssey
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Sonic Forces
Sonic Mania
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Disgaea 5 Complete
Fate/Extella
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Lego City Undercover
Lego Worlds
Snake Pass
Stick it to the Man

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I'm actually worried mine is gonna collect dust now. I bought it for Mario and Zelda and they're both done.

I gotta get a grip for handheld mode, I think if it was more comfortable I'd use it in handheld mode more. I can't stand trying to hold any device with a flat back, my hands just don't know what to do. Wii U tablet was actually way more comfy to hold than the Switch.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
I have both a PS4 and a Switch but the latter is by far my main console.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I own a Ps4 and switch but Ps4 is my primary console. The two consoles do compliment each other very well as I am enjoying the heck out of Zelda and Xenoblade next week but I have so many games on ps4 and next year is stacked as well with Monster Hunter, Yakuza 6, Ni No Kuni , Sony exclusives, etc

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
This year I've purchased 5 PS4 games and 6 Switch games. Pretty sure I don't have a "main".

Multi platform games aren't going to all fall on one system either - they'll be evaluated on a case by case basis. I will say that I want Switch to be my JRPG home, but it's not there yet.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the PS4 is my main console, but I would say that I'm choosing to buy games for my Switch more often that I would have thought, because I love the split joycon control scheme.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, by far. I've played all the first parties and some thirds, so it's a fuckton of time. My PS4 has AC Origins, but I hadn't turned it on since a while before purchasing the game.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Nah but I don't have a main console right now I'm equally spread out on PS4, Switch, and PC. It hasn't been collecting dust that's for sure.

Raina

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I don't even have a PS4 or Xbox One and I barely use my PC anymore just because of the amount of great games on the Switch. I can play Skyrim in bed. In bed!

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
By now yes. It has reinvigorated my interest in gaming.
Same for me.

Due to circumstances and the sheer convenience of the Switch, I've played nothing else since it launched. The only things I would've got on PS4 was maybe the Housemarque game whose name currently escapes me!

I've honestly not felt that I've missed out on fun at all by just playing the Switch. If anything the lighter approach and design of the games I've played on Switch appeals to me a lot more.

It'll be good though, because I'm sure there will be lulls in releases that I want, then I'll catch up on some PS4 games for buttons, Horizon is one, and I've got to buy Bloodborne again and get it's DLC. Plus RDR2!

Deleted member 32726

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah. The use of my PC has really waned as there are too many indies out there for me to play and give my attention to. Now that the Switch is here Splatoon 2, Pokken Tournament DX, and Fire Emblem Warriors have consumed any gaming time I've had. I don't see many titles in the future drawing my attention, so it might lose it's spotlight next year.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
YES because I don't have that much money to spend on a secondary console.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a PS4, a PS4 Pro, PSVR, a high end PC, and since I bought a Switch I've been hard pressed to use anything else.

I love my other systems but nothing else can fit into my briefcase!

sharpforprez

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like building its library is the best investment at this point moving forward. The portability makes me want to at least consider getting games for it even if they're also on PS4.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Not with that limited library. I mean, it's probably pretty expansive for most Switch players, but when you've got a PC, most of the library is old news.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Nah, I just get Nintendo's best games. It's lacking in a few areas that's somewhat important to me. (Online features/trophy system) and I prefer a DS controller to any setup I can use on Switch.

Best secondary console already even with the small library and I love that I am able to move it around. But to be honest, I hardly play on that screen in portable mode, just don't like it.