• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017

Voyager from Xenosaga Episode 3. Like what in the fucK? I just cannot take this design seriously. It's some humanoid stereotypical grey alien as a JRPG villain. It just looks jarring and out of place despite the game's setting. Not all aliens have to look like that. Taking the grey alien approach and putting him as a JRPG villain was just funny. I'm not expecting someone pretty. It's just... the fuck is this? It's so bland and plain.

latest

Ruvik from The Evil Within. Just can't really take this design seriously. It's incredibly plain compared to his terrifying sister, Laura. Once the first cutscene introduces him as some teleporting main villain, I got so disappointed. So edgy and lame.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
latest

Ruvik from The Evil Within. Just can't really take this design seriously. It's incredibly plain compared to his terrifying sister, Laura. Once the first cutscene introduces him as some teleporting main villain, I got so disappointed. So edgy and lame.

Ruvik reminded me of those edgy early 2000's nu-metal music videos. The game might as well have played Korn whenever he appeared, his design was eye-rolling.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
They hide the face of Tropical Freeze's main villain for the whole game only to have him look like a bigger version of the regular baddies.

12963.png

Oct 25, 2017
I think Kefka's impact is diminished a lot when he's not in sprite form.

I always read the sprite as him being some middle aged general who just snapped one day and started wearing bizarre clothes. But as a literal clown he's a lot less intimidating.

Last edited:

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I think Kefka's impact is diminished a lot when he's not in sprite form.

I always read the sprite as him being some middle aged general who just snapped one day and started wearing bizarre clothes. But as a literal clown he's a lot of intimidating.

i think the canon was that is kind of what happened, but it's not so much he snapped all that magitek shit f'd him up

but maybe i'm culling that from a bunch of BS so grain of salt

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Shenmue 3 and as great as the game is I could not get over how stupid the leader of the red snakes looked. Like lan Di, and everyone else is so bad ass, and than you have that clown looking dude haha.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
Clock Tower 3 starts off with a promising, atmospheric mystery and a series of terrifying chase vignettes. The first two major enemies to chase you look like this - suitably menacing and effective:

But then this guy shows up as the villain of the third section and the game immediately stops being frightening:

Before the final section of the game doubles down by having you chased by these two nonsense designs:

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Clock Tower 3 starts off with a promising, atmospheric mystery and a series of terrifying chase vignettes. The first two major enemies to chase you look like this - suitably menacing and effective:

But then this guy shows up as the villain of the third section and the game immediately stops being frightening:

Before the final section of the game doubles down by having you chased by these two nonsense designs:

lol you win

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Oct 27, 2017

Hahaha that's amazing

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love the Armstrong jokes I still prefer Char Shido to muscle man Shido.

51c5ea986a0869066caa6b1b51a3fafdf9c7a23br1-512-275v2_hq.jpg

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I don't have a problem with flamboyant villains, so Kuja is fine to me. Seymour is too much though, that hair...

That metal thong girl from Prince of Persia Warrior Within was ridiculous