• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
BLOPs, AW and IW(the best so far)have great campaigns.

I've heard IW's was pretty good, I've played them all except that one. I really wouldn't call any of the others great though. Acceptable, with some fun shooting, but pretty poor design that just pales in comparison to games like Wolfenstein or Doom.

I know it's opinion and all, I just wish COD campaigns had some kind of hook to them other than what they have. Everything about them is just average. I did like AWs gameplay, as it did experiment some and the dash rigs made jumping around tons of fun, but the levels and story (like most CODs) were so bog standard that it hurt.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
I've heard IW's was pretty good, I've played them all except that one. I really wouldn't call any of the others great though. Acceptable, with some fun shooting, but pretty poor design that just pales in comparison to games like Wolfenstein or Doom.

I know it's opinion and all, I just wish COD campaigns had some kind of hook to them other than what they have. Everything about them is just average. I did like AWs gameplay in the story, as it did experiment and the dash rigs made jumping around tons of fun, but the levels and story and such were so bog standard that it hurt.
I think what COD needs to start doing with the campaigns is to get off that Michael Bay flow and give us something similar to what Sony first party do with their SP games. Don't mind balls to the wall action but something more grounded.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I think what COD needs to start doing with the campaigns is to get off that Michael Bay flow and give us something similar to what Sony first party do with their SP games. Don't mind balls to the wall action but something more grounded.

Completely agreed. The stories give absolutely no time to take a break which makes going through the games a total blur since everything else is so average. The levels that stick out to me are the All Ghillied Up, the airport one in MW2 as nice contrast to the shooting you're going to do for the next 5 hours. I hear Infinite Warfare does this, and it sounds like it has a very comparable kind of loop that Wolf 2 has with a HUB and side missions you can do which is a great step.

If COD campaigns were anything as good as Wolfenstein's I'd be buying them without hesitation year after year, that's how you do an FPS. Great story, likable characters, great gameplay, and mechanics besides shooting.

COD campaigns are great for days you have absolutely nothing to do and you're tired of the MP, which is a damn shame because there is a ton of potential there.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I read a user's review that said the game's campaign was ok. More similar to older titles which were seen as both good and bad. Not from a legit source though.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017

First hour of the campaign, captured at a review event in London

Well now we've seen 50% of the campaign.

Joking aside, it looks alright. Nothing special though. I hope it's good. I'm actually one of those people who only play the campaign every year. I'm not a big multiplayer person.