• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
I worked in a library for a few years, and couldn't help thinking about how long it would take to read everything in that one building, let alone the world.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I consume 8hrs of media a day while I work, and have been doing so the last 15 years. Movies, TV shows, Podcasts, Music, and Audiobooks. Honestly, I have come to associate them with work in the sense that once I clock out the last thing I want to do is consume more media. Still, every single day I find more new content. It is pretty amazing, really.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I worked in a library for a few years, and couldn't help thinking about how long it would take to read everything in that one building, let alone the world.

This reminds me of Jorge Luis Borges' famous story about the library of Babel, which contains every physically possible book in its alphabet. For a truly overwhelming vision, read the story.

This is a PDF containing the English translation of his story.

http://www.arts.ucsb.edu/faculty/reese/classes/artistsbooks/The Library of Babel.pdf

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
It's more annoying than anything I think.

"OMG you didn't watch (insert latest flavor of the month piece of media)?!"