• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'm browsing with Chrome on an android device and twice in the last two days, I've been browsing a thread only to get redirected to one of those phony pages that say you've won something at Amazon. Anyone else having this problem?

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I just got one of these just now on iPhone (Safari)

Bummer since the administration here seems to be screwed over by an ad company that's supposed to be vetting everything manually :-(

Hopefully it gets sorted out soon!

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
I get them constantly and with seemingly no common thread between occurrences -- they just happen randomly and it sucks.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, on iPhone. Kind of annoying but wasn't sure where to leave feedback about it, glad it isn't just me or my phone though.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never gotten them here but I used to get them a ton on other sites, mostly wikia stuff.
In the end I just completely erased my history and website data(Safari iOS). That seemed to fix it.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Hi, yes, we are aware of this problem and have a thread where users can report and discuss them. We've brought the matter to our ad partners with the utmost urgency and they are working as we speak to get rid of these. For more information see these posts:

Its been brought up to the team. I actually just got off a call with them a couple minutes ago. Its not a simple process to just remove all types of ads like that because new ones can appear using different methods. We've made an adjustment and it should reduce them as we try to catch all of them. That should hit by the end of the weekend. We'll continue to monitor it as we go.
It seems to be more of an issue with advertisors who slip in stuff with redirects than ad platforms. For example, these sites bid on being able to show an ad, are approved, and then change their coding to redirect off-site. It happens on almost all ad platforms these days. It makes it hard to catch since it happens after the fact.

Thankfully our partner recognizes how frustrating that is for all you guys and they as well. The change I mentioned in my previous post will hopefully help weed those malicious ads out - and hopefully keep them out for the foreseeable future.

We truly hate having those present and wish there was a way to block them 100% so we definitely apologize for that.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.