• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Like, mentally? Because I'm going absolutely insane. It's like my mental health dropped off a cliff.

I hate being in the same place all the time. It causes me to break down and all my thoughts come crashing in. I haven't been able to work or go to school or see my friends in two weeks, and it's like I lost all sense of purpose. Life means nothing.

I'd almost rather go out and get sick over dealing with this, it's so bad.

Aug 27, 2018
I'm not having that hard a time, just trying to keep myself busy. Cleaning my place, finding a show to binge watch in the background while I play games, keeping regular conversation through text/messenger throughout the day etc.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I've been self isolating most of my life. Feels like I trained for this moment =P

Mental health is really important though, so I'm sorry to hear about that. Got any parks or nature reserves in walking distance? Just being around trees, hearing birdsong etc, does wonders for mental health. And you'll see other people there. You can't properly engage with them of course, but everyone has that tacit "we're in this together" look these days. Might be all you need for a little boost =)

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you get sick it'll be much lonelier.

Try to phone friends maybe, text them, binge shows or play games, read books you've been putting off.

This isn't going away soon but it WILL end eventually and it will feel amazing when it does, and you'll be glad you saw this through to the other side.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
I've been feeling the same as you, OP. It's necessary, but it's definitely been daunting mentally and emotionally. The extent of my time out of the home has been to grab lunch or do grocery/supply runs.

I think the closure of gyms has been the hardest. Nine and a half years of lifting 3x/week and a shelter in place is what took me down. I was expecting some major back injury or something to be what kept me from the gym for a while, but not this. :(

It made me realize how much of a benefit lifting's been for my overall health beyond any body composition benefits.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Nope, I'm not an extrovert. I can do almost everything I need to do online or on the phone.

I'd suggest getting outside every day. It's perfectly safe to walk around if you avoid groups and you're careful to wash your hands enough.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I swear, a chunk of the challenge is that you know you can't leave. I feel like voluntarily I could breeze through the first week.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Try and get out of your house if you can. Like go for a walk in the early morning or something to start your day so you start fresh.

You CAN still do this an self isolate.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Watch a movie with your friends while videoconferencing. It sounds cheesy as hell, but it works. Also been doing some remote TTRPGs over videoconference.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if I was able to survive my lowest depression point where I was effectively suicidal with no one to talk to (including online communities) and no one checking in on me, then I should be able to handle this.

Also I have enough games in my backlog to last half a decade.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I fucking hate it. My kids are going insane, they're very disturbed by their new prison. My 6 yr old boy is autistic and he's not taking it well. I've got a load of things I'd like to do such as edit some video, learn to use Dreams, Learn some After Effects, decorate the hallway.... But the kids need all my attention. After 2 years of finding a special school that works for my boy, suddenly we have to keep him home. It's like we're the victims of some sick cosmic joke.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm having a hard time not seeing my boyfriend who lives about 20 minutes away due to the stay at home order. It's ridiculous, but understandable.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Home-Work-Target for groceries is all I do now, and yeah it's driving me a bit nuts.

I regret not investing in a home gym because I miss the shit out of going to the gym.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
No, I like being alone and staying in so I have no problems with it.

Probably the one time in my life I'm okay with having social anxiety.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
No. This is incredibly easy for me. Nothing has changed in my life at all. I really don't like being around groups of people, so this has done no harm to me.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I are extremely fortunate that it's just the two of us in a big house and that we're also best friends.

I can't think of a better living situation to hunker down in.

I feel really bad for parents with like 5 kids in a small to medium sized living situation.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I'm dirt poor. Self-isolating is something I'm forced to do out of financial necessity. Nothing's really changed for me with this pandemic thing.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Yeah my mental health has dropped like a rock this past week but I have my good and bad days

But I am finding it easy to self isolate and not leave the house though

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I have a nice house with a yard. My wife and son are here. So I'm doing good.

I feel for people though that are alone in a small apartment.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Like, mentally? Because I'm going absolutely insane. It's like my mental health dropped off a cliff.

I hate being in the same place all the time. It causes me to break down and all my thoughts come crashing in. I haven't been able to work or go to school or see my friends in two weeks, and it's like I lost all sense of purpose. Life means nothing.

Did you clean the bathroom?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already a self-employed recluse so my day-to-day life has changed very little

the only change is the (stronger) ever-present sense of dread

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
My life is pretty much the same. I stay at home and go to work, so nothing's changed for me.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I know I would have a really hard time if preventing the spread of a virus required social contact, so I can imagine how uncomfortable this could be.

I would try to have some kind of routine. Just because you can get out of bed whenever doesn't mean you should, for instance. Maybe set aside time to work on a project you find interesting - trying out a language learning app, looking at video editing, whatever - there are online courses out there that could occupy your time.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
i've been sleeping much better as i don't have to get up early for work anymore

miss my buds tho

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I've been working from home exclusively since November. I'd arranged my schedule in such a way that I would force myself to leave every couple days for errands, to make myself feel like a real human. Not having the option to do that makes me feel terrible. But the worst part is my spouse lives in Canada and I cannot see her. She doesn't have a car, so having me visit regularly is huge for helping with errands and such. I'm kinda going crazy knowing it's going to be a minimum of a month before I see her again, and certainly longer because of how poorly this has been managed in the U.S.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
See to be honest it's largely been pretty similar to everyday life for me. Go to work come home. Lockdown has exceptions for seeing kids which was my main concern. I've got them this weekend like normal so we've been playing board games all day (fuck Fortnite Monopoly btw).

It definitely sucks not seeing my friends or going to the our local pub and quiz like we regularly do, and work isn't as fun as a lot of my good work pals are off self isolating. Still, it's been easy enough to adapt.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I've been an inside person my entire life, and what I'm personally struggling with is constantly having my eyes glued to the news instead of enjoying videogames, or my other hobbies.

Please don't go out OP. There are plenty of ways to talk with your friends. Have a skype call with them, use Discord, play a game with them, we live in a world where being connected with the people we care about is easier than ever, and there isn't a better time than now to take advantage of that.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Try to do virtual meet ups, I've had friends do virtual karaoke and you can do jack box gaming parties.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
tumblr_m0exl75S7V1r3ws4ho2_r2_250.gifv

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
well in germany we can still go out for exercise/cycle/park/etc.

i still go for my daily exercise, and also now with it being sunny last 3 weeks, i have been cycling a lot more in the hills and vineyards outside the city

i am also someone who cannot stay home all the time, I need to get out. usually always out with friends, partying, chilling and drinking, sitting in park making picnic with wine, etc (drinking in public in germany is legal/normal), and i like doing things like cycling. i hate the self-isolation, it does affect me mentally too.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I wish I could be self isolating more.

But when you have an essential job, I have to do what I have to do...

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
not me. im a homebody anyway, and i like playing video games. its like a dream come true, honestly. plus i got 3 kids at home, now i get to spend more time with them.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It could be much, much worse. Imagine you're a prisoner. An actual prisoner. You're locked into a shitty, tiny cell and you answer to authority every second of your day. You eat when they tell you to eat. You get to leave your cell when they say you can. You don't have internet access or electronic entertainment. And you're likely there for more than these two weeks we've gone through.

We're in shelter-in-place and yet I can still watch Netflix, play video games, watch video games on Twitch, post on Resetera, video-conference with my friends, play multiplayer games with my friends, go for a jog / walk in my neighborhood, hang out with my SO, hang out with my cats, browse the Internet, make my own meals, have food delivered to my front door, play music, open the windows and relax in tranquility, sit in my yard / porch, chat with my neighbors from a safe 6-feet or more distance, buy groceries, listen to music, walk around the house in sweatpants, walk around the house naked, shower by myself, post random shit to Instagram, do puzzles, play board games, meditate, brew myself a nice big pot of coffee, sing & dance around my place, continue to work and get paid a salary, and get drunk or high whenever I want.

To quote Future Gazer ... "It's the easiest shit ever."