• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think since the update several days ago following the Dreamcast browser issue, SwiftKey prediction or general typing no longer works properly when I write posts in the little response boxes on ResetEra. Device is Note 8, Chrome browser, latest updates installed.

I've tried to replicate this issue on other forums, Google search bar, websites, even other apps too, but can't replicate it, these issues only prop up on ResetEra.

Without constant correction this is how the last paragraph looks.

IveI' tried totreplicatetthistissue on other forums Google search bar, websites, eveneotherevapps too, but can't replicate it, these issues onlyopropprop up on ReseRese .

Anyone else having the same issue?

Update.
Ok so I've found a temporary solution. All you have to do is click the little blank page icon top right of the response entry box, and this will turn it in to a standard text editor instead of a rich text editor. This gets rid of the issues, and if you need to add a quote, media, bold, italic etc, you can easily click "Use Rich Text Editor" to go back to the original text editor without losing any of your pre-written post!

You will however have to hit the blank page icon to switch to the standard text editor each time you enter a thread.

Update 2.
Scratch that, you totally can change it to use the plain text editor by default. It's under account preferences, just untick "Use rich text editor...". Nice.

So yeah, everyone having issues, do this ^

Mod Edit: https://www.resetera.com/posts/3916360/

Mod Edit:
Edit: Seems Swiftkey is aware of this issue affecting multiple editors, including Disqus and XF's rich text editor.

https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-...iftKey-not-working-with-Chrome-jumbles-words-

Mod Edit:
Hi! #tech here. It seems that the most recent Chrome/Android update produced this typing bug. Currently all we can do is waiting for a fix from the Chromium project. Meanwhile, the following workarounds should help address the issue until a fix is available:

a. Downgrade to the previous version of Chrome/Android (63.0.3239.111, Released in Dec 2017). You can download the APK file here; note that you might need to uninstall current version of Chrome first.
b. Switch to BTE (Basic Text Editor). A button for switching is available at the top right of the quick reply area (the document icon). There is also an option in user preferences to use BTE by default.
c. Though we cannot say for sure that this bug would never occur to other keyboards, it seems that switching to keyboards other than SwiftKey may greatly alleviate the problem.
d. Other Android browsers not based on the Chromium project, such as Firefox, does not seem to be affected by the bug.

We will keep updating on this issue. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can report I have been havhav a similar ississue w SwiftKey butbijust figuredfitf was the keybkeybobut I I guess igsitonly ResetEraR iIhabeI I this hissed wkthw

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the rich text editor is routinely shitty on Android/Resetera with Swiftkey. Keeps fucking up words and adding random letters.

It might just be me but it has been a bit better since maintenance happened.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Editing a post can be bothersome... the backspace always skips to the beginning of the words

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is the same thing but when I use Safari on my iPhone autocorrect acts weird. It'll correct a misspelled word into some weird ass shit, often into two or three separate words.
That doesn't happen anywhere I don't think.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a weird autocorrect actually.

Didn't think anything of it until I saw this thread.

Spooky.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought my phone was fucked somehow, lol. Good to know this seems to be a general issue.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mine was bad but it seems to have gotten better recently. I'm not using swift key though. I'm using another one of those popular ones.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fleksy is working better than SwiftKey on mobile Chrome for me with Resetera. Just thought I'd at that for anyone who is still struggling with SwiftKey.

Pretty good alternative.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think since the update several days ago following the Dreamcast browser issue, SwiftKey prediction or general typing no longer works properly when I write posts in the little response boxes on ResetEra. Device is Note 8, Chrome browser, latest updates installed.

I've tried to replicate this issue on other forums, Google search bar, websites, even other apps too, but can't replicate it, these issues only prop up on ResetEra.

Without constant correction this is how the last paragraph looks.

IveI' tried totreplicatetthistissue on other forums Google search bar, websites, eveneotherevapps too, but can't replicate it, these issues onlyopropprop up on ReseRese .

Anyone else having the same issue?
I can confirm that is happening to me also (S8+). It was so irritating that I even tried other keyboards but my mind/hands have Swiftkey to ingrained so I just switched back and I have been trying to endure, but has been pretty annoying.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
II was just pissed off trying to figure this out at well and was confused when gboard was giving me the samesproblem. I I Wonder what changed as this wasn't a problem a few days ago.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded it. Pretty nice!

Edit: Oops double post. Sorry.

Yeah it's quite a nice keyboard, lots of options. It's working fine for me on Resetera.

The auto correction isn't as good as Swiftkey, not much is, but I'll take it for now.

Hope an Admin can confirm if this is a forum software issue.

OP
OP
nib95

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seems a fair few people have the issue. Mostly anyone using any sort of predictive text software.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Unrelated but everytime I hit the space button on switftkeys, it would input the letter I

Any way to fix this?

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't use SwiftKey, but I'm having very similar issues with Gboard. Autocomplete/corrections often don't "take" properly, I'll get double words, random junk letters, etc. Era doing stuff to the text with JS that messes with what the keyboard is trying to do, I'd guess.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nib95 report your first post to see if it can catch staffs attention for some sort of comment. You won't be warned for reporting it lol.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I have been having a similar issue which may be this in which when I hit backspace or space my cursor freaks out and I have to spend more time fixing it than it would have taken to type the sentence in the first place.

OP
OP
nib95

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok, so I'm testing this out with the default Samsung Internet app, and low and behold, no such problems. Therefore I assume that this is an issue related to Chrome coupled auto predictive keyboards or input systems.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have issues using the google keyboard in chrome on android. If I type a word incorrectly, and then select one of the autocomplete options to fix it, it doesn't work correctly much of the time.

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017
I thought it was only me. Basically writes the fuck it wants. Even writing this few words is annoying..

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
YeahY this has beenbbeen Budapest me.

FuckFthis. I cant even type on this

I've been usinn my laptop to browsebthis site

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having problems with SwiftKey for a while now, even before getting my note 8 and the forming of this forum. Dunno what it is. But it seems like SwiftKey completely forgot all my information over the years and gets my predictions completely fucking wrong.

mr lurtle

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this thread after cursing at my phone for the last 30 minutes. Good to know the issue lies here.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Ok, so I'm testing this out with the default Samsung Internet app, and low and behold, no such problems. Therefore I assume that this is an issue related to Chrome coupled auto predictive keyboards or input systems.
I have the same issue with the Samsung Browser and SwiftKey. It doesn't happen all the time but guaranteed when the first word I use has an apostrophe.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Having the same issue. Chrome and SwiftKey. Hopefully this is something that can be looked into.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having this problem with the Samsung and also Gboard keyboards. It's not just a SwiftKey problem.