• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly. I will get FF7 but otherwise I am planning on waiting. I just played Control and Jedi FO and their load times are atrocious. As much as I liked both games I kinda wish I had waited to play them.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
This year is actually better than last with p5R, Yakuza remastered collection and Ghost of Tsushima.

adit

Oct 29, 2017
tonja
nope

but i didn't buy any games yet in 2020

the witcher 3 and destiny 2 were taking away my gaming time since Dec 2019

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
source.gif

Not a chance.

Though I might pick up game pass to fill in some of the gaps.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely going to be a slower year for me until next gen hits.

I'll probably pick up Doom Eternal, but I will save Cyberpunk, Avengers, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, and really anything releasing later than maybe June for next gen.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I pretty much switched to PC for all multiplatforms so no, not exactly. Will buy the exclusives when they release on console.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
This is the year of TLOU2 for me. I wanted CP2077 but its too close to ps5 now, im going to wait.

The rest is meh.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Chances are these same games are going to look and perform way better on the new consoles. It's not like last few gens where we're starting from scratch at the start of the gen. We're going to see patches and upgrades to current games for new consoles this time.

We might not even see true differences in the game release. In other words, a cross gen game releasing on PS4 and PS5 could be the same game in both boxes, optimized to run better on PS5 and still tailored to run at lower settings on a PS4.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
PS4 exclusives, yeah I'm going to hold off until PS5. I'll probably be selling my PS4 soon which will help make the wait more bearable.

But there's plenty of Switch and PC games I'll be getting this year.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I did that mainly this gen. My deal for splurging on a One X was that my games would only come from Gamepass, Games with Gold, and the public library. And I have been pretty much successful with that plan, and it has been really enjoyable. My experience has made me willing to go in on a launch day Series X to continue with this philosophy.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Lol no, I already bought some indies with the current PSN sale
I plan to buy more games, I'm just waiting to see PS+ games before

And big releases like RE3, FF7 Remake, TLOU Part II, GOT... are day one

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, I'm just going to finally get a Switch.

Probably next week.

I am still buying older games on PS4, XBO tho, but no new ones.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
sold my ps4. so yeah. Will buy all the games im hyped for on the ps5

Last edited:

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's nothing that really appeals to me this year apart from CP2077, so...

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
No, I'm definitely buying the big games I'm very interested in. I'll probably try to buy fewer games that I'm vaguely interested in. I have a fairly broad gaming palate, so that's been an issue. Getting Doom, Animal Crossing, FFVII, and TLoU 2 for sure.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I mean, people, you do know this is the year of The Last of Us Part II?

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I'm only going to buy Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
I think Cyberpunk 2077, The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima will be on PS5 too, so I'll wait. If they are not announced for PS5 by the year, it's good thing that the PS5 will be backward compatible anyway.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not.

I'm planning on buying Last of Us 2, Cyberpunk, and Ghost of Tsushima when they release.

I'll probably get Doom Eternal too, if it looks good from reviews.

edit: also, you might not have meant stuff like this, but I'm pretty excited about getting a TurboGrafx-16 mini.

Last edited:

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I'm getting 5-6 games this year

already got Kakarot & since I don't have GCU anymore as well as a huge backlog I'm really not running out to Walmart to buy $50 dollar games anymore.

I can wait for the first or second discount, I'll be waiting for $30 bucks on Doom Eternal for sure if I even pick that up this year or will watch someone else play it and pass on it if I can't stand the wait.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I am going to try, for sure, to at least cut down the spending.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
I'm guessing that games will have a setting for the higher console in them instead of having two seperate versions, like with the base consoles and the pro versions.

I know I won't play Cyberpunk until Series X is out but other than that I'll probably play whatever else I'm waiting for.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I've been considering selling my PS4 Pro at this point as well, I basically only play UMVC3 and MVCI at this point and the former's netcode sucks, and the latter's player base has diminished almost completely. I'll play RE3 on my PC and the other games I'm looking forward to this year such as No More Heroes 3 will be on Switch so yeah, I feel like my PS4 Pro is just dead weight at this point.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Nope. RE3, FFVIIR, and TLoU2 are on the docket already. Who knows what e3 will bring with Switch. Hopefully Metroid.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I'm really not that hyped by it. I enjoyed the first one but didn't think it was amazing. The fungal zombie setting is so boring. I prefer uncharted.

Well, sure, but you did ask. And you asked it in the period in which some of the biggest, most awaited games in a long time are coming out. So, I guess a lot of people are very hyped about this year. If you're looking for affirmation of your choice, I think this is the wrong time for it, honestly. Of course, you buy or not buy what you want!

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This year is going to have a stretch of god tier games releasing, especially on PS4. Worst possible time to take a break IMO.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not a chance with Nioh 2, FF7R and RE3R in the mix its near impossible for me. Thats not even taking into account games like Mega Man Zero Collection, Ys 7, hopefully Tales of Arise and many others I'm forgetting. The end of this gen is going to be a blast.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Why miss out on a lot of great games coming out this year just so I can fast for some early next-gen titles that will probably not be as good?

KilleyMC

Oct 27, 2017
Montevideo , Uruguay
Nah, exactly the opposite, I didn't have the need of a 'next gen' yet and don't have plans of buying the consoles anytime soon. Too many games I still want to buy/play on PS4.