• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
So, I randomly received these in the mail today:
image0.jpg
]
And apparently, a ton of other people did as well when I looked it up on Twitter to see if I was alone on this. So, out of curiosity, did anyone else on ERA get these? They seem to be a part of some massive advertisement plan or ARG Event. For what it's worth, I got mine from Los Angeles, California which makes me think it might likely be gaming related? I didn't know where to put this so I thought Etcetera was a safer bet lol

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I received one today as well and promptly forgot about it, but here I am, in this thread.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd guess it's for Gotham Knights at E3, the Riddler should be a UFO truther

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Looks like some brand trying to capitalize on the upcoming UFO senate report. inb4 alien-themed Cheetos or someshit.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

PolishQ

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, NY
Some people think it's related to Coldplay for some reason? But I wouldn't have any reason to be on a Coldplay mailing list.

It's definitely international, in any cases. Posters have been spotted in multiple countries.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Some people think it's related to Coldplay for some reason? But I wouldn't have any reason to be on a Coldplay mailing list.

It's definitely international, in any cases. Posters have been spotted in multiple countries.
Yeah I don't think it's Coldplay related either lol, a lot of people who got them seem to be streamers/gamers just from a quick search on Twitter and Reddit. Plus, I've never ever seen Coldplay or put myself on a Coldplay mailing list or whatever so I wouldn't have gotten one

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao holy shit, I just got my mail and I got two of these things. I live in Atlanta

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, *that's* what those are. But I have different ones!

20210524_102613vrjf2.jpg

Have at it, nerds!

I got the star one on the right. I figured this is some ARG (not sure why me, but was addressed specifically to me and I don't even care for ARGs), or it was the Jehovah's Witnesses sending out more stuff (during COVID they been mailing out personalized letters instead of going door-to-door).

Curious to know what the end of it is, but I'll let ARG hunters do all the work.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I got the star one on the right. I figured this is some ARG (not sure why me because I'm not into it, but was addressed specifically to me and I don't even care for ARGs), or it was the Jehovah's Witnesses sending out more stuff (during COVID they been mailing out personalized letters instead of going door-to-door).

Curious to know what the end of it is, but I'll let ARG hunters do all the work.
The more people the better I guess? But hey, welcome to the team of trying to figure out what the hell is going on
32aee3088c592c71681c732eb7e7fc7a.gif

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The more people the better I guess? But hey, welcome to the team of trying to figure out what the hell is going on
32aee3088c592c71681c732eb7e7fc7a.gif

I'm doing the lazy thing by watching this thread :p I mostly buy from niche companies, so wondering if maybe that was one thing that's in common with how they did specifically me in the address and my SO got nothing.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
That or Starfield, another Xbox exclusive
So, we're all in agreement that this is likely gaming related at least?
I'm doing the lazy thing by watching this thread :p I mostly buy from niche companies, so wondering if maybe that was one thing that's in common with how they did specifically me in the address and my SO got nothing.
Lmfao, this is so weird! How did we all manage to be a part of some random viral marketing stunt?