• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
ds4LBnC.jpg

I Kickstarted this earlier last year and got mine a couple weeks ago and so far so good.

Features:
  • Wireless
  • Hot swap button remapping without a key
  • Works with PS4 and Switch
  • Gyro controls
  • Rechargeable battery

The X1 Elite controller is my favorite controller right now (largely because of the paddles) and this allows me to use it for all my consoles without issue. I've tried ChronusMax but it's just convoluted enough to make it sometimes not worth using and it's wired. I even have a Scuff PS4 controller with paddles but the paddle placement and feel isn't comfortable and the face buttons stick sometimes. This on the other hand has been pretty awesome so far. You plug it in to the battery slot, pair the controller once plugged in via the USB cable, and then it just works like a default PS4 controller from then on. Haven't tried it with my Switch yet though

The only issues I've had so far is that plugging the adapter in and pulling it out of the controller's battery slot is harder than I'd like, and you can't hot swap buttons to the paddles as far as I can tell (you can still adjust them however via the Xbox/PC app). Battery life doesn't seem all that great either though you're still going to get hours out of it. Also the button that you use that emulates a trackpad press is further out of the way than I'd like.Besides all that though, this is exactly what I've wanted since I picked up my Elite controller which was to make it platform agnostic without any hassle or big compromises.

So anyone else using this? Thoughts on it?

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Currently using a Cronusmax for this, didn't know this wireless one existed. Does it let you use a mic wirelessly on PS4 as well?

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
If this really works as it's shown, I'd be tempted to buy another Elite to use for my Switch and PS4. Playing Rocket League on the Switch is painful without my paddles that I'm so used to on Xbox.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have mine, but I'm not using it. I bought it specifically to use my Xbox One Elite controller on PC and Switch with gyro support, but my gyro is 100% defective, with bad drift and inexplicable latency on only one axis. I have to have mine replaced, and I'm really hoping its replacement is up to snuff.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I've been trying to get at least some decent impressions about this, because I'm using my Elite with a Brook adapter on my PS4 and would prefer to have wireless again. The fact it can quick swap between devices helps a ton and it working on Switch is yet another bonus because I've been mulling over getting a Pro controller.

How is the battery life so far?
Given the other devices they make, it doesn't have any real latency over native controllers? I would assume not since their adapters don't have any (or it's super, super low).

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
Awesome! Thank you so much!
Be aware, despite what some resellers list on their pages, it requires the cable connection. I've had a lot of success with their stuff using their adapters for PS2 and their arcade stick board. They're great with timely firmware updates when system software changes occur too.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I got mine the other day and was super impressed by it. Worked on switch and ps4 and Xbox (ironically the latter was the hardest thing to get going). However, it's very hard to take on and off and when I tried prying it off one time something came lose inside and the button up top no longer clicks. I even tried opening the thing up but I can't figure out what the problem is. They don't seem to have great customer service either :/

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where did you order from? Despite my problems I really liked it and may get another.
There was a seller on Amazon that had some shipping from China a few days ago. I got an order in before they ran out. It was like $65 but at this point I don't care, I need this to use my Elite controller in Monster Hunter World.

I contacted Brook via Kickstarter last week about where to purchase, and they finally responded yesterday. Apparently they recently sent a large shipment of X One adapters to FocusAttack. The product isn't listed there yet, but I guess that's the place to watch.

https://www.focusattack.com/hardware-pcb/

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
There was a seller on Amazon that had some shipping from China a few days ago. I got an order in before they ran out. It was like $65 but at this point I don't care, I need this to use my Elite controller in Monster Hunter World.

I contacted Brook via Kickstarter last week about where to purchase, and they finally responded yesterday. Apparently they recently sent a large shipment of X One adapters to FocusAttack. The product isn't listed there yet, but I guess that's the place to watch.

https://www.focusattack.com/hardware-pcb/
It's on playasia

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I have 2 I received from the kickstarter, but I haven't tried them out yet. I see someone mentioned a gyro issue with theirs so I should probably get on that sooner rather then later.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I use a normal wired Brook and didn't know this existed. I now need it in my life.

It's insane that despite having the marketing for Call of Duty, Battlefront and Destiny, Sony *still* doesn't have a decent controller option. The DS4 is not garbage but it's absolutely no match against the Elite (which I consider basically a must-have accessory).

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I kickstarted it as well, but was bummed when I received it and found out that it only fits gen 1 Xbox One controllers. I.e. the ones you can't buy anymore. Gen 2 controllers aren't compatible :/

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I kickstarted it as well, but was bummed when I received it and found out that it only fits gen 1 Xbox One controllers. I.e. the ones you can't buy anymore. Gen 2 controllers aren't compatible :/
What? Really? That seems like an oversight. I was interested in this.
Please give more information .. We tested well with Gen1 / 2 / Elite / X1S wireless controller.
or write a RMA http://www.brookaccessory.com/rma/rma_form.php to help you.
I'm not sure how you did you're testing, but the battery pack does not fit either my Gen 2 or my Elite controller. It's like the angle of the back on those controllers is slightly different from the original Xbox One controllers, preventing the battery pack from really fitting properly. I did manage to dig out an old, barely functioning Gen 1 Xbox One controller though and I confirmed that the pack fits perfectly fine with that one.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how you did you're testing, but the battery pack does not fit either my Gen 2 or my Elite controller. It's like the angle of the back on those controllers is slightly different from the original Xbox One controllers, preventing the battery pack from really fitting properly. I did manage to dig out an old, barely functioning Gen 1 Xbox One controller though and I confirmed that the pack fits perfectly fine with that one.
That sounds defective, I've seen pictures of people using these with Elite controllers.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I backed their KS by ordering two because I heard good stories about their products and was really waiting for a wireless adapter for my Xbox Elite controller. I now use it for both my Xbox One controllers, one Elite and the one that came with the X.

It's pretty good, as I don't notice any input lag while playing Fifa, Fortnite or GTS, and pairing it with both the PS4 and Xbox X was pretty easy. I've not played anything that uses the gyro though. Switching between consoles is also very fast, although the manual could be a little more clear about this, but once you've figured it out and did the initial pairing, it is done within 10 seconds.

The biggest problems I have with it are the battery life, as it's only +- 4 hours (if that) and that my headphones stereo channels seems to be switched. The battery life for me personally is something that's easily overcome as I have the 3 meter USB cable from the Elite controller I just plugin and a socket nearby.

The stereo problem could also be because of my Y Adapter for my headphones with the ModMic, but I've not been able to test it without it, may do that later this week. It just not something I've noticed before using the adapter.

Another minor gripe is that in games where you need to use the touch pad a lot, the button for it is pretty small and not something you can do quickly like on the original PS4 controller, it really requires you to let go of the controller with one hand (at least in my experience).

Overall I think it's a good product, that once you install makes you able to use your Xbox controller on all the current gen consoles. Just do keep in mind the battery life, and probability of needing to charge it while playing on longer sessions.

Last edited:

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds defective, I've seen pictures of people using these with Elite controllers.

Yes I'm using it with my Elite and the controller that came with the X, you just have to apply a little force on it to make sure it sits correctly. Took me 2/3 tries before it did, but its not a big problem.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017

Hmm so I took a second look and, after applying an uncomfortable amount of force to both sides of the battery pack to get it to *click* into the controller, I did get it to completely fit into my Gen 2 controller, and it seems to work alright with PS4 so far.

I'll have to spend some more time with it tonight after work, but so far, aside from the installation quirks, it seems good (which, to be honest, I expected nothing less considering how high quality Brook's other adapters have been). Am curious to see how easy it is to swap between PS4, Switch, and PC.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm so I took a second look and, after applying an uncomfortable amount of force to both sides of the battery pack to get it to *click* into the controller, I did get it to completely fit into my Gen 2 controller, and it seems to work alright with PS4 so far.

I'll have to spend some more time with it tonight after work, but so far, aside from the installation quirks, it seems good (which, to be honest, I expected nothing less considering how high quality Brook's other adapters have been). Am curious to see how easy it is to swap between PS4, Switch, and PC.
The thing I either missed in the manual (or its not in there) is that the quickest way to switch to the other console, is by holding the button on the adapter for 3-5 seconds so it starts blinking. Then use the button combination for the console you want to start and it will turn off. Turn it on again and the console will start. This is after the first connection made with the USB cord attached to the console so it recognizes it.

On some occasions the controller will switch off again for the second time after the switching to the new console, but then you will just have press the button again to make it work.

Just pressing the button combination for the console you want to switch to, does not work for me when switching from the Xbox to PS4. It just recognizes the A button being pressed. It does work for switching from PS4 to Xbox, but I've just learned to do the 'reset' every time to make sure it works.

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, it works on the Switch? I have the cable one (XBO->PS4). I should try it.

Not that I would really use it though, since I only really like the Xbox One controller for shooters and the Pro Controller is my fave (still waiting on that SwitchPro->PS4 adapter).

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, it works on the Switch? I have the cable one (XBO->PS4). I should try it.

Not that I would really use it though, since I only really like the Xbox One controller for shooters and the Pro Controller is my fave (still waiting on that SwitchPro->PS4 adapter).
XBO-Switch is a different cable adapter.

The cool thing about this one is attaches to the *controller* and works with both PS4 and Switch. So only need one adapter. It's also wireless and supports the headset jack on PS4. Oh, and has a gyro for Switch and PS4.

Downside - even if you plug in with USB, all data is still sent wireless.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't know this thing existed. I was planning on sometime getting just the older dongle-wired one so I could use an Xbox One controller to play Horizon Zero Dawn. I guess I'll have to keep this in consideration.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Love mine.

I wish the "Combo Key" the adapter created for the PS4's Touchpad could instead simply be swapped with the utterly useless "Share" button on the PS4, but other than that, it works exactly as I had hoped.
I had an Xbox One controller's face buttons painted to match the PlayStation symbols and together it just feels like the thing came out of the PS4 console's box; I have no use for the Dualshock 4 now.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Many thanks for the extensive impressions everyone!

I missed the Kickstarter but am considering a unit to use with my Elite controller.

Here's a tough question, imo: did anyone here forego using their Switch Pro controller now that this viable converter is available?

I'll like to gift mine to my nephew!

GOGO.Zippy

Jan 3, 2018
SunBroDave
I took a video to describe Brook X One Adapter installation on XBOX One Wireless Controller.
https://youtu.be/MkpNotowN7c