• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With Mario Kart and other ported stuff on switch, I am not sure why this isnt a thing yet.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
I don't, Id prefer a new game (they have another big project) and I would like to avoid fatigue on this kind of RPG (the 3 xenoblade games are too similar).

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
I already played that one but I didn't play the sequel that I'm waiting for ever since I finished the story in X. So that's something I want more than a port of the original.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Takahashi wants to see it on Switch too, I really hope it gets to happen and that they fix the game.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Xeno 2 doing over a million, it's certainly coming. I think it's structure lends itself to portable play better than 2 as well.

I don't, Id prefer a new game (they have another big project) and I would like to avoid fatigue on this kind of RPG (the 3 xenoblade games are too similar).

Xenoblade 1/2 are a good but different than X.

Oct 25, 2017
It's more of a matter of when rather than if. I'm positive this, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and The Wonderful 101 will find their way onto Switch eventually.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Its my most wanted port left from the WiiU days. If we get it, ill be comfortable finally packing up my WiiU and putting it away.

Forever.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's all say the game that we want on Switch on 3 and see if it's the same one

SPACE STATION SILICON VALLEY

omg we all said the same one

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's more of a matter of when rather than if. I'm positive this, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and The Wonderful 101 will find their way onto Switch eventually.
These + Fatal Frame need to happen on the console. Other than a few really good indies (Scram Kitty, Affordable Space Adventures, Swords and Soldiers 2) we've gotten most of the quality Wii U games.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not against it, but with the crazy naming convention with the series, I think they should give XC2 some breathing room to avoid confusion. All the DLC hasn't even come out yet.

Hx]

Oct 28, 2017
Kuwait
This game needs the "definitive edition" treatment with extra content that completes the story.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Loved the game, but I dont want it on Switch. I dont see how it could be better than on Wii U. The gamepad implement on that game was great and it cant be replicated in a good way.

Nov 3, 2017
I'd double dip for sure, loved that game and i'm seriously thinking of reconnecting my Wii U in a few months to go back to it. A sequel would be good but i'll be happy with a Switch release with some QOL improvements.

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
It's not my favorite Xeno game (probably one of my least favorite ones if I'm being honest), but it's still wonderful and I would definitely replay it.

I do want an actual X-2 (but only in story, I want the gameplay and story setup to be more like XB1 and XB2), so they can actually finish the story.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waste of resources. The game's an unfinished mess with no redeeming factors. They're better off putting all resources into XBC3.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
We get this thread every month or so. The answer is always yes. I also want an X2, after they finish making their fantasy IP.

Waste of resources. The game's an unfinished mess with no redeeming factors. They're better off putting all resources into XBC3.

Get out. Both for saying X has no redeeming factors (false) and for asking them to do XBC3 after they just finished XBC2.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
X is my favorite, so I'd buy it again. But yes, give Xenoblade 2 some room first.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We get this thread every month or so. The answer is always yes. I also want an X2, after they finish making their fantasy IP.

Get out. Both for saying X has no redeeming factors (false) and for asking them to do XBC3 after they just finished XBC2.

In an interview it was stated that Monolith started making XBC2 a couple of months before XCX shipped in Japan. Also they were working on that medieval fantasy game and had people pulled into BotW while XBC2 was in development. It's obvious they are capable of handling 2 projects at the same time.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

These + Fatal Frame need to happen on the console. Other than a few really good indies (Scram Kitty, Affordable Space Adventures, Swords and Soldiers 2) we've gotten most of the quality Wii U games.

Where can I sign your change.org petition, you guys?

Don't have Fatal Frame on Wii U, would double dip for the rest though. Awesome.

Loved the game, but I dont want it on Switch. I dont see how it could be better than on Wii U. The gamepad implement on that game was great and it cant be replicated in a good way.

I'm not a super fan of ports to Switch either, having played most of these games on Wii U, but X needs a second life, I feel it's very underappreciated - it's unfortunately not for everyone, but more audience would help anyway.
However I have no idea what use of the Wii U tablet in that game would not be replicable on the Switch. You don't need the map at all times anyway, so it's mostly a small inconvenience to have to put up a menu for quick travel and such.
The only thing I remember spending much time on the gamepad on for, was routing power to my nodes on the map, which wouldn't need to be done on a separate screen either, but could become a thing in the menu.
Seems solvable to me.
They mostly need to crank up the size of that font for ants they have in their UI.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I hope so but ....

I know a lot of people that got this game on Wii u and gave up too early on this game due to the problems with the story/ or finding the games system too conplicated. It's a shame since it takes kinda long to get a flying mech aka the best traversal in any video games..and I can see people giving up on the eventual switch port too. Since the game has a very steep learning curve.

Wish more people would appreciate monoliths work

zenspider

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Me PLEASE!

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the first Xeno game i bought and i'm loving it.

But one of the few criticisms i have to make for the game is the fact that to me, chara design and UI aside, Xeno X looks better than Xeno 2 (i'm talking about the textures in particular).

They probably need to rework the UI a little cause the text was way too small in Xeno X on the TV (in handheld it would be a nightmare)

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The key to this port IMO is making some important QoL improvements. The affinity system has got to go. Don't lock the party's development missions behind that nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.