• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns around sexualised images of minors.
I've yet to play a SMT game I didn't enjoy, so not really. I also really like the art for the most recent games. I'd say it's more unique than most anime art and designs, to be honest.

Also, sexualizing young anime characters is always going to be a weird issue. Some people are bothered by it, some aren't. Their age could be listed as 14, but they're a drawing and don't look like real people at all. It's like how Yoko Littner is sexualized in Gurren Lagann despite being 14, even though she has the proportions of a fully grown woman. I had no idea how young she actually was in the show until years later, always assumed she was an adult.

Edit: It wasn't my intention to dismiss ANY concerns, just trying to discuss. :)

Last edited:

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I wish soejima was on mainline SMT tbh. He could def do it.

Put Doi on Persona and Soejima on SMT. Would love to see how that turns out.

The problem with Walter and Jonathan is that the game builds them up as reasonable people with differing viewpoints destined to drive them apart, most apparent in the high point of the game with the alternate universes, and then the endgame happens and they go fucking bonkers and immediately become violent extremists.

Seriously I want an entire game based on Infernal Tokyo. It's like SMT Devilman.

Dude, one of my few disappointments with Apocalypse was that we didn't get to go back. I thought from the title that meant it was a hint at us going back to either of those two post apocalyptic worlds we see in 4 but alas not. As it is, those two parts of SMT4 were such teases. Such amazing music as well. Definitely one of the highlights of SMT4 were Infernal Tokyo (and Blasted Tokyo), such a surreal part of the game.

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
whoa, hold on now . lets think about this
maxresdefault.jpg
studio-zero-featured-image.jpg
Toi8 is still better.
I wish soejima was on mainline SMT tbh. He could def do it.
Oh god please no. Let the artstyles separate.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, way better than Soejima's bland style. It's the best "Persona" game since 2 in all aspects. And by far.

Shame Atlus is never porting it because gotta milk Persona instead.
Onus is on Nintendo to port TMS. Atlus and Sega don't own TMS. If Nintendo gets Atlus to do it they might, but I would expect the port from Nintendo if it's happening.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I just started up Apocalypse again. I think it is unrivaled in terms of gameplay, and the overall story is OK. But I can't help but be disappointed by all the blatant pandering, for lack of a better word. I mean, I get it: as a developer one of the reasons to develop a game is to make money. But there should be a more personal motive as well: a particular story you want to tell, settings you want to visit, themes you want to explore. Apocalypse feels like it was designed wholly around the desire to appeal to the market. At least IV, for all its shortcomings, felt like it wanted to do its own thing.

The same thing happened with Devil Survivor 2 compared to the first part.

Strange Journey Redux on the other hand felt like a step into the right direction, at least in terms of the endings. It is extremely refreshing to play an SMT game with characters representing Law and Chaos, who are able to recognize the flaws in their logic and work to find a better way while staying true to their alignment.

I also don't see the problem with Alex? She feels overdesigned when compared to the other character artwork for Redux. And it would have been nice if Atlus had decided to make her male if only to subvert expectations. Alex being female feels like another safe choice. That said, I do think she gets accused of being waifu bait without her actually displaying those qualities. I personally would have gone with Demeter if you want to capture everything that is wrong with Redux in one picture.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Onus is on Nintendo to port TMS. Atlus and Sega don't own TMS. If Nintendo gets Atlus to do it they might, but I would expect the port from Nintendo if it's happening.
I blame both. Atlus' lack of interest in anything non-Persona is a bad look on them for me and makes me wonder if they would just refuse a Nintendo request, but I also think Nintendo is in super safe mode and may be leaving a fantastic game to die as a Wii U exclusive.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
They just realized they cannot top Nocturne, they peaked there and they cannot top it as that was Megaten perfected. It was their magnum opus.

Look deep inside, you know it's true.

FE453C419FE8E8CDBE50EF496B6D1E15A877CBBA

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I blame both. Atlus' lack of interest in anything non-Persona is a bad look on them for me and makes me wonder if they would just refuse a Nintendo request, but I also think Nintendo is in super safe mode and may be leaving a fantastic game to die as a Wii U exclusive.
I really don't think they have a "lack of interest in anything non-Persona". It is true Persona pulls in the most cash for them, but they still care about SMT and their other franchises. They just aren't putting out spinoffs for them every year.

I had that same feeling in 2015 after TMS was revealed to be what it was, and there was nothing on mainline since SMTIV. Then that same year that announced SMTIV Final (Apocalypse for the west), and it was clearly a new mainline game. Despite it's issues, it still turned out to be a great mainline SMT.

The difference this time is that in 2017 we got a new mainline game announced, as well as a remake of a mainline game. At that time SMTV's development barely started. We know it is still in development and Atlus said as recently as this year to still be patient.

There was also an interview from around when SMTIV came out when a similar question about the death of mainline was asked. They said no, there would continue to be an SMTV, SMTVI and so on. Between Nocturne and IV, we got a mainline game (Strange Journey) and plenty of spinoffs: DDS, Raidou, etc.

Mainline ain't dead, Atlus still cares, just not as much as Persona.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
So literally all threads points are " ANIME BAD " why do you even care at first place if you dont like anime tropes?
They are not in danger or anything . Persona 5 is one of the best games of this gen so whats seems the problem

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really dont think that its Atlus. Atlus over this period has delved into PC with Catherine, remade multiple games from non-persona franchises, jumped into mobile with SMT, etc... Wuu has stuff that seems like a no brainer to not let die on the system like TMS, XCX, or TW101. This isnt an exclusively Atlus based issue, so to me it seems more like a Nintendo thing

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I really dont think that its Atlus. Atlus over this period has delved into PC with Catherine, remade multiple games from non-persona franchises, jumped into mobile with SMT, etc... Wuu has stuff that seems like a no brainer to not let die on the system like TMS, XCX, or TW101. This isnt an exclusively Atlus based issue, so to me it seems more like a Nintendo thing
Atlus didn't delve into PC and still hasn't. I don't expect that to change

Catherine Classic was a port studio hired by Sega. Atlus had nothing to do with it happening other than developing the original game.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus didn't delve into PC and still hasn't. I don't expect that to change

Catherine Classic was a port studio hired by Sega. Atlus had nothing to do with it happening other than developing the original game.
sure, its still an atlus property being put on PC. I dont see how this doesnt apply to a ports discussion

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't port Catherine themselves. Also, I see it and anything Hashino as "Persona" stuff. They basically aren't doing anything else that isn't Persona, you don't ever hear news from them that isn't more "persona persona persona". I think it's hard for me to see where is this huge variety, even more comparing to what they used to do on the beginning of the 3DS with at least several ports and new announcements.

It's a Persona Company today.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't port Catherine themselves. Also, I see it and anything Hashino as "Persona" stuff. They basically aren't doing anything else that isn't Persona, you don't ever hear news from them that isn't more "persona persona persona". I think it's hard for me to see where is this huge variety, even more comparing to what they used to do on the beginning of the 3DS with at least several ports and new announcements.

It's a Persona Company today.
I mean Persona is their biggest franchise, its like complaining that gamefreak is talking pokemon instead of town. Even then we had the "Persona is killing SMT" thread already and its not true. Persona generates games because it literally is their most popular thing, but we still have a new SMT on the way, an SMT port came out a while ago, new Catherine remake, new EO game, SMT mobile game, remakes of one offs this gen, new IPs coming, etc... Then we ignore stuff like Arena or Scramble isnt even developed by Atlus outside of story beats and such. SMT is fine, Persona isnt killing it.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Persona is their biggest franchise, its like complaining that gamefreak is talking pokemon instead of town. Even then we had the "Persona is killing SMT" thread already and its not true. Persona generates games because it literally is their most popular thing, but we still have a new SMT on the way, an SMT port came out a while ago, new Catherine remake, new EO game, SMT mobile game, remakes of one offs this gen, new IPs coming, etc... Then we ignore stuff like Arena or Scramble isnt even developed by Atlus outside of story beats and such. SMT is fine, Persona isnt killing it.
Going by that logic a lot of common complaints here in this site shouldn't be made. Konami's financial results were a mess when they were doing big AAA projects and their profit skyrocketed by focusing on games appealing to Japan. Should people stop wanting things?

Also, it's not like SMT was doing terrible. IV broke franchise's records with over 600K. This isn't even that far away from previous Persona numbers, it shows potential. They simply are refusing to try to have any variety and are putting all their focus in the same IP. They lack ambition to try and actually have more than one big IP.

I don't agree with "there's so much else besides Persona". The SMT mobile game isn't developed or published by Atlus and Redux/EO Nexus were games released for a basically dead 3DS just reusing a lot of old assets -- which actually would be good to start interest in these franchises on Switch, but they simply didn't bother promoting or porting anything from them to the system.

If you compare the variety Atlus used to have and what it has now, it's clear most of their franchises and subfranchises are basically dead. I don't think we get any SMT news for over a year already. At the same time you can see the rise of several Persona projects, going from multiple games, anime, products, marketing, shows, crossovers, etc. Even Catherine gets more attention than SMT or Etrian Odyssey just because it's basically a "Persona" game too. That's why I don't compare Atlus to Gamefreak, but with the Pokémon Company as Atlus is becoming The Persona Company.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going by that logic a lot of common complaints here in this site shouldn't be made. Konami's financial results were a mess when they were doing big AAA projects and their profit skyrocketed by focusing on games appealing to Japan. Should people stop wanting things?

Also, it's not like SMT was doing terrible. IV broke franchise's records with over 600K. This isn't even that far away from previous Persona numbers, it shows potential. They simply are refusing to try to have any variety and are putting all their focus in the same IP. They lack ambition to try and actually have more than one big IP.

I don't agree with "there's so much else besides Persona". The SMT mobile game isn't developed or published by Atlus and Redux/EO Nexus were games released for a basically dead 3DS just reusing a lot of old assets -- which actually would be good to start interest in these franchises on Switch, but they simply didn't bother promoting or porting anything from them to the system.

If you compare the variety Atlus used to have and what it has now, it's clear most of their franchises and subfranchises are basically dead. I don't think we get any SMT news for over a year already. At the same time you can see the rise of several Persona projects, going from multiple games, anime, products, marketing, shows, crossovers, etc. Even Catherine gets more attention than SMT or Etrian Odyssey just because it's basically a "Persona" game too. That's why I don't compare Atlus to Gamefreak, but with the Pokémon Company as Atlus is becoming The Persona Company.
I feel thats disingenuous, I really dont get the Konami comparison. Im not saying you can hope for something, Im saying I dont get the complaints of a franchise "ruining" another.

SMT V is literally in development

I mean Atlus doesnt do anything on switch really, their first internally developed game will probably be SMT V. They do give their franchises attention even if it isnt internally developed, they have stuff other than Persona that is internally developed (SMT, Catherine (its not persona), EO, and RE: Fantasy).

None of their franchises are "dead". Persona gets extra attention again because its the most popular and most favorable for anime when the game is basically "anime". We are still getting the other franchises, you can want the other franchises, persona isnt the reason they arent getting all the love.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you're right. Nintendo is publishing in the west though, right? So that may make it slightly more likely
There has been no such announcement Nintendo is publishing in the west. Just them promoting it. They did the same for SMTIV. Remember that "buy FE Awakening and SMTIV, get $40 eShop credit" promotion?

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
sure, its still an atlus property being put on PC. I dont see how this doesnt apply to a ports discussion
Because Atlus itself didn't do the port. Sega can go "Here other port studio put this game we own on PC" while Atlus will go "Nah bruh" if they were asked to do it. This means you wouldn't see any remakes of Atlus games on PC, just ports of already existing ones. If Persona 3 were to come to PC, it would be FES or P3P, not any conglomerate "best of both worlds" version of those two.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because Atlus itself didn't do the port. Sega can go "Here other port studio put this game we own on PC" while Atlus will go "Nah bruh" if they were asked to do it. This means you wouldn't see any remakes of Atlus games on PC, just ports of already existing ones. If Persona 3 were to come to PC, it would be FES or P3P, not any conglomerate "best of both worlds" version of those two.
we are talking about putting TMS on switch though. I really dont understand why this is a relevant point

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There has been no such announcement Nintendo is publishing in the west. Just them promoting it. They did the same for SMTIV. Remember that "buy FE Awakening and SMTIV, get $40 eShop credit" promotion?
Yeah I remember that. I had to check because I just assumed Nintendo published smt IV in the west, but they didn't. This could be the same situation.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel thats disingenuous, I really dont get the Konami comparison. Im not saying you can hope for something, Im saying I dont get the complaints of a franchise "ruining" another.

SMT V is literally in development

I mean Atlus doesnt do anything on switch really, their first internally developed game will probably be SMT V. They do give their franchises attention even if it isnt internally developed, they have stuff other than Persona that is internally developed (SMT, Catherine (its not persona), EO, and RE: Fantasy).

None of their franchises are "dead". Persona gets extra attention again because its the most popular and most favorable for anime when the game is basically "anime". We are still getting the other franchises, you can want the other franchises, persona isnt the reason they arent getting all the love.
Having one game "in development" for 2020 or later (that we never saw a second of gameplay) and that being the only non-Persona/Hashino thing announced for years is kinda telling where their focus is, isn't it? We used to get several announcements for many series. The idea that people have to be happy from going to several games to one non-Persona game in years is weird, it's basically confirming these series don't matter because "they don't make money".

Like I said, they could at least just promote SMT with anything. Ports, for example. TMS is literally a ready HD game that most people didn't have the opportunity to play. Gosh, they managed to get snubbed even by Smash so hard they didn't get even a dumb spirit or mii. How a franchise managed like this should inspire confidence to its fans? Feels like SMT and EO are both just in need of 1 small underperformance for Atlus to say "ok people dont like these anymore, lets instead make more persona spin-offs".

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having one game "in development" for 2020 or later (that we never saw a second of gameplay) and that being the only non-Persona/Hashino thing announced for years is kinda telling where their focus is, isn't it? We used to get several announcements for many series. The idea that people have to be happy from going to several games to one non-Persona game in years is weird, it's basically confirming these series don't matter because "they don't make money".

Like I said, they could at least just promote SMT with anything. Ports, for example. TMS is literally a ready HD game that most people didn't have the opportunity to play. Gosh, they managed to get snubbed even by Smash so hard they didn't get even a dumb spirit or mii. How a franchise managed like this should inspire confidence to its fans? Feels like SMT and EO are both just in need of 1 small underperformance for Atlus to say "ok people dont like these anymore, lets instead make more persona spin-offs".
Its not the only thing announced for years though.

I want TMS on switch, so I dunno where the argument is there. Im just saying Persona existing isnt the reason these series arent the total focus.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We haven't heard a peep about SMT5 or Re:Fantasy in years and they refuse to outsource any non-Persona spinoffs. It does feel pretty dire.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's difficult to be worried about something we've barely seen but I can see why some would think so. SMTIV and Apocalypse are still good but Atlus' games have gotten progressively trashier and are a far cry from their PS2-era offerings which were rather "classy" in comparison.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its not the only thing announced for years though.

I want TMS on switch, so I dunno where the argument is there. Im just saying Persona existing isnt the reason these series arent the total focus.
Actually SMT Strange Journey Redux was announced more than 2 years ago. Since then it released to almost no fanfare as the 3DS basically lost all relevance due to Switch and after that we didn't get anything new announced. At earliest SMTV is a 2020 release. In 3 years we'll get at best 1 game and you have to wonder how long it will take for any non-Persona Megaten game. It's a huge decline in output to any previous systems they supported.

It's hard to not see this and Etrian Odyssey possibly dying and not compare to Persona getting a million things constantly. If budget isn't going to other franchises, but Hashino even gets approved a new IP, you know the focus is all on the Persona devs.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Actually SMT Strange Journey Redux was announced more than 2 years ago. Since then it released to almost no fanfare as the 3DS basically lost all relevance due to Switch and after that we didn't get anything new announced. At earliest SMTV is a 2020 release. In 3 years we'll get at best 1 game and you have to wonder how long it will take for any non-Persona Megaten game. It's a huge decline in output to any previous systems they supported.

It's hard to not see this and Etrian Odyssey possibly dying and not compare to Persona getting a million things constantly. If budget isn't going to other franchises, but Hashino even gets approved a new IP, you know the focus is all on the Persona devs.

First of all, didn't an EO game release very recently?

Strange Journey Redux released in October 2017 in Japan, May 2018 in the west. A 2-3 year gap in mainline games is not even close to them being "dead". There have been much longer gaps for mainline games.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So you say the mobile game doesn't count because Atlus didn't develop it but then go on to whine about the Persona spin-offs when most of them aren't developed by Atlus either?

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strange Journey Redux released in October 2017 in Japan, May 2018 in the west. A 2-3 year gap in mainline games is not even close to them being "dead". There have been much longer gaps for mainline games.
There used to be several Megaten related games being released between mainline entries and god knows when SMTV will be released. We never saw a second of the actual game in more than 2 years.

So you say the mobile game doesn't count because Atlus didn't develop it but then go on to whine about the Persona spin-offs when most of them aren't developed by Atlus either?
Because it's not the same. SMT Dx2 only exists because Sega is struggling hard with their mobile games and had to push out new games to please their shareholders. They made the game and published themselves and it's basically a new thing that doesn't seem to even target SMT fans that much exactly considering it's a brand new cast and the light tone.

Do you think that's the same with the Dancing, Musou, etc games? Also, it's not just that. P5 is already getting a new version with brand new content already while SMT is still MiA. Add that to the several anime, crossovers and constant marketing. SMT gets nothing in comparison. Like I said, we will go years with only 1 new SMT game released, with Persona getting several and even the problematic Catherine is getting more stuff just because it's a Hashino baby.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There used to be several Megaten related games being released between mainline entries and god knows when SMTV will be released. We never saw a second of the actual game in more than 2 years.

Because it's not the same. SMT Dx2 only exists because Sega is struggling hard with their mobile games and had to push out new games to please their shareholders. They made the game and published themselves and it's basically a new thing that doesn't seem to even target SMT fans that much exactly considering it's a brand new cast and the light tone.

Do you think that's the same with the Dancing, Musou, etc games? Also, it's not just that. P5 is already getting a new version with brand new content already while SMT is still MiA. Add that to the several anime, crossovers and constant marketing. SMT gets nothing in comparison. Like I said, we will go years with only 1 new SMT game released, with Persona getting several and even the problematic Catherine is getting more stuff just because it's a Hashino baby.
Because those games were probably a lot easier to make on PS2.

SMT4 already got its sequel/enhancement thing it's P5's turn, Now you just have to wait forever for the next mainline game. You know the same damn boat Persona fans were in a few years ago.

You'll forgive me for not being overly concerned how long it's taking with THIS...
2388790-persona5.jpg

Still fresh in my mind.

Also the mobile game doesn't count because it has a brand new cast? You mean like every other mainline SMT game? And there's that insistence that the series must be edgy again.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017

Uh, all I want to say is that #FE did get a spirit in Smash. It was Tsubasa in her normal form which could be evolved into her Carnage form, represented by the Squid Sisters assist trophy in her spirit battle. Totally with you on wanting a TMS port or sequel down the line though, that's all I wanted to say.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean PQ2 is releasing in a few months n 3DS with basically no fanfare. You act like main series persona has really short wait times, it was almost a decade to get a proper numbered game.

EO literally got a game a few months ago and they have discussed a new entry already. One of the reasons they dont have PQ2 on switch is specifically because they want to try out EO beforehand and revamp it in their main series.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It all sounds pretty standard for JRPGs. Just a genre thing.

I also don't worry about dead franchises while I have Persona to play.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Nope. Couldn't be looking forward to it more. I loved 4 and Apocalypse and really, really want to see where they take the series from here.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017

SMT4 already got its sequel/enhancement thing it's P5's turn, Now you just have to wait forever for the next mainline game. You know the same damn boat Persona fans were in a few years ago.

You'll forgive me for not being overly concerned how long it's taking with THIS...
2388790-persona5.jpg

Still fresh in my mind.

Also the mobile game doesn't count because it has a brand new cast? You mean like every other mainline SMT game? And there's that insistence that the series must be edgy again.
No, just that the mobile game doesn't really play much like SMT at all since it's a gacha mobile game. That would be like saying Fire Emblem Heroes is a mainline Fire Emblem. It's not and I don't think even the biggest fans of FEH will disagree with that.

Honestly I quit playing Dx2, I realized I wasn't having fun with it or any gacha games for that matter. The only part I really enjoyed about Dx2 was the Aura gate, which is so limited when you can actually play it.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

2388790-persona5.jpg

Still fresh in my mind.

No one is asking them to do several console games with amazing graphics. Small ports, smaller games, etc. They can do a lot with SMT, like they used to. TMS is literally a HD game ready for release.

The comparison with P5's cycle is weird because SMT fans don't care about graphics and presentation like Persona ones. I bet a lot of people would be happy with something like SJ or Devil Survivor while waiting for SMTV. Also, it's not like Persona fans ever had reason to doubt the series getting more stuff with P4G, Arena and several anime shows being a thing.

Post above already replied to you about Dx2.

Uh, all I want to say is that #FE did get a spirit in Smash. It was Tsubasa in her normal form which could be evolved into her Carnage form, represented by the Squid Sisters assist trophy in her spirit battle. Totally with you on wanting a TMS port or sequel down the line though, that's all I wanted to say.
I know. I used her through the whole WoL mode. What I mean by not getting even a small nod was to SMT getting shafted while Persona stole the spotlight, even though one is a franchise strongly linked to Nintendo systems and the other isn't.

I mean PQ2 is releasing in a few months n 3DS with basically no fanfare. You act like main series persona has really short wait times, it was almost a decade to get a proper numbered game.

EO literally got a game a few months ago and they have discussed a new entry already. One of the reasons they dont have PQ2 on switch is specifically because they want to try out EO beforehand and revamp it in their main series.
PQ2 is a brand new game at least and one of the several projects they have for Persona. EO Nexus is basically reusing assets just because they don't seem sure the series can survive in a DS-less industry. Doesn't give any confidence to the future for it.

What if the reason that Persona is never on Nintendo consoles, is because Hashino is a Sony fanboy? Could that be possible?
I don't think he's anything close to a Nintendo fan, but I doubt that's the reason. Atlus just doesn't make cross company multiplat titles. Just take a look at their catalogue over their whole history. Almost everything is exclusive to one company, it's just how they develop and market their games.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I don't think he's anything close to a Nintendo fan, but I doubt that's the reason. Atlus just doesn't make cross company multiplat titles. Just take a look at their catalogue over their whole history. Almost everything is exclusive to one company, it's just how they develop and market their games.
With the exception of the PS2, that company has often been Nintendo though.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The comparison with P5's cycle is weird because SMT fans don't care about graphics and presentation like Persona ones. I bet a lot of people would be happy with something like SJ or Devil Survivor while waiting for SMTV.
bullshit.gif

There was a lot of whining about IV being for the 3DS and using sprites so I have no fucking idea where you're getting that Persona fans are the only ones who care about graphics. Quit projecting.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a lot of whining about IV being for the 3DS and using sprites so I have no fucking idea where you're getting that Persona fans are the only ones who care about graphics. Quit projecting.
Whining from who? Portables are way more popular in Japan, the franchise's main market. It was never a big deal. These forums don't represent the majority of consumers considering SMTIV broke sales records.

And I'm not projecting. Isn't Persona hyped as a console series with good presentation levels? Being stylish is one of the main things people bring up. I doubt it would be popular with a 1st person view or with the smalll budgets and smaller production levels SMT gets.

Do you really think people would get mad if they ported old games or made small scale Megaten subgames?

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Persona hyped as a console series with good presentation levels? Being stylish is one of the main things people bring up. I doubt it would be popular with a 1st person view or with the smalll budgets and smaller production levels SMT gets.
What? People beg for handheld ports of Persona all the time, did you not see the fiasco that was P5S? Persona was never some graphics king, the art style is top notch though. And SMT hasnt been first person for a while

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
A bit worried. Tgat stuff with Toki is something, especially what happens end game with her....