• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
DQB1 was a joy to play but there was a lot of room for improvement, but then I saw this video and it looks wonderful, much more than I expected

Anyone eyeing this ? There's an alluring thing about this that makes it more enjoyable for me than Minecraft, maybe it's the more casual/RPG oriented approach that draws me in but playing it on the switch is a blast. Shame to hear that the switch port suffers slowdowns though

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am and I've waited a long time for it at this point. I want to create a char and have fun with people online!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yep, this seems to be addressing many of the shortcomings I had with the first game, even though I LOVE the first game. That said, I'm hyped. Going to try my hardest to convince my girlfriend to go coop with me. :p I don't think it'll take much convincing.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I liked the first game a lot. Haven't been keeping up on too much news about the new one cause I want to know very little about it. But I'm thinking maybe I should find out at least a little something. I remember not being crazy about the combat in the first one so if that is improved I'll be extremely happy

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I bought the original the summer after it came out in the west and that's what I played that whole week. I was absolutely engrossed in DQB1. It's a great game and I hope DQB2 builds upon that. It's also the last game I'll pre-order and pick up before college, so I have one last new game to get immersed in.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, i havent bought the first game on switch becuase veryone is told me to wait for 2.
I hope it builds upon the demo i played of 1, and doesnt change things that i liked there.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Still need to buy the first one.

Demo was promising.

I am REALLY far behind on Dragon Quest.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Oh definitely, the first sandbox experience to perfectly balance world exploration, building and JRPG mechanics. It's hard to start up Creativerse again.

And OP...it's definitely the RPG part pulling you in. Combat seems to be fairly hollow for most games like this.

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the first one, but it does that Square Enix thing where they bloat it out to the point that I don't want any more of it for at least a few years.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Skipping the first to go directly to this one, Im excited too.
Yes, i havent bought the first game on switch because veryone is told me to wait for 2.
I hope it builds upon the demo i played of 1, and doesnt change things that i liked there.
Smart, though I try to do this for every new IP.

Does this still force you to restart every chapter?
No, you have a separate area now that you continue to building up during and after the story is over.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely on my radar. Hope they made some big improvements to combat, as I felt that was an area where the original was lacking.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I think my wife asks me about once a week even now we know the date. But I'm still more excited than even that.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
YES! I loved the demo for the first game on Switch. I almost purchased the full game, but held off because 2 looked to have so many QOL improvements and online multiplayer.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I LOVE the first game and this looks to improve most all aspects the first faltered on. Day 0 - actually I have no idea when it's rekeasing in the US - 2019??

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm looking forward to it, I hope the gameplay changes are good enough to drown out the samey feeling I got from the first game though. I didn't like that you spent all that time building something up only to have it destroyed or moved. Felt too restricting.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day zero already preordered the living shit outta it. First game was a blast. Zelda + Building + Cuteness + Dragon Ball Z.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Hearing that there's a permanent area that you build up across the campaign has me significantly more interested. I loved everything in the first game except for the fact that you had to reset upon moving to a new area.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
A lot of people write this game and the original because "meh, Minecraft" but there's A LOT more to the games than that. The first one was incredible and I cannot wait for the sequel.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Really looking forward to this, as the original was one of my favorite games of the last few years. I really hope it holds on to all the things I liked about the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.