• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Any word on the framerate in the later parts of the game? It seems acceptable in the early parts and the demo, but I can imagine it dropping a lot when you build a lot of stuff.

I don't understand why they didn't go for 900p or even 720p to prioritize the framerate like the first game. Let's hope for a patch.
Yeah it can get rough in the late game, I visited some levels from Japanese players who've flooded their islands with objects and it's not always pretty

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If portability isn't a priority I'm guessing PS4 is the way to go? Are there any Pro enhancements at all?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's been out in Japan for some time so I don't think a patch is likely, but maybe western players will complain more.
Yeah I know, I just don't understand it. The first game ran fine, and to be honest I don't really care about the 30 fps drop in a game like this, as long as it's solid. But it isn't even solid in the early parts of the game. I really want to play this in handheld mode, but the performance might be a dealbreaker and push me towards the PS4 version.

Yeah it can get rough in the late game, I visited some levels from Japanese players who've flooded their islands with objects and it's not always pretty
Thanks! That's what I was afraid of. Is it still serviceable for someone who mostly wants to play story mode?

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah I know, I just don't understand it. The first game ran fine, and to be honest I don't really care about the 30 fps drop in a game like this, as long as it's solid. But it isn't even solid in the early parts of the game. I really want to play this in handheld mode, but the performance might be a dealbreaker and push me towards the PS4 version.
It's really weird that they opted for 1080p docked unlike the first game. Should have at least given players the option.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's been out in Japan for some time so I don't think a patch is likely, but maybe western players will complain more.

Considering SE didn't bother to fix the frame pacing issues that were added only in the western localization of Builders 1 on PS4, I doubt SE will care in patching like...anything in this game.

Oct 2, 2018
Unlocks in 13 hours. 😢

Downloading now. It says 2.5gbish. I'm guessing there might be another download after the first

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
This being a battery hog might kill the idea of me getting it on Switch. Hopefully down the line some optimizations can be implemented.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Looked at some reviews and threads and I still haven't found my questions answered: EDIT- regarding the story mode, not free build.***
-Can you ditch Malroth and just play by yourself?
-Can you craft and equip all of the weapons to your character or are some of them locked to only Malroth?

These are deal breakers to me because I hate forced NPC tag-alongs and I want to be able to use any of the things that I can craft. DQ1 was great because it was just me, so if the sequel makes me have to have a buddy and I'm a nerfed builder that can't combat enemies without them, then it's a hard pass, sadly.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Looked at some reviews and threads and I still haven't found my questions answered: EDIT- regarding the story mode, not free build.***
-Can you ditch Malroth and just play by yourself?
-Can you craft and equip all of the weapons to your character or are some of them locked to only Malroth?

These are deal breakers to me because I hate forced NPC tag-alongs and I want to be able to use any of the things that I can craft. DQ1 was great because it was just me, so if the sequel makes me have to have a buddy and I'm a nerfed builder that can't combat enemies without them, then it's a hard pass, sadly.
Clubs and Axes are Malroth exclusive weapons and you can't ditch him in story mode

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Boom here it is!

6XE0sBv.jpg

The back is a bit confusing.

mAufIPd.jpg

The top line says: "Build a new world - together!" Which isn't the focus of the game? :D

Then the right screenshot says: "Play Online or with help of the local mode with your friends" but I thought it doesn't have local multiplayer? That's nice.
The bottom left boxes also say it has multiplayer on one switch with 1 joycon per player.
Also comes with a download code and changeable cover art.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
I was so excited for this game, but I'm in the middle of Bloodstained and Mario Maker right now, so I don't think I'll be playing on launch.

Still getting my copy tomorrow. I hope it's as good as the first.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Looks like it's a huge improvement over the first. Can't wait for tomorrow. Happy they included the reversible cover art for the Toriyama art.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is the game still split in completely individual chapters like the first game? That always bummed me out.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
The demo was super charming and I dug what I played, so I have been giving the game serious consideration. I just wonder how much mileage I would actually get out of it once I finished the story. I rarely get particularly into the building aspect when games have it.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My cover art says otherwise. 🤷‍♂️

I'm assuming the cover art is incorrect. All the leadup to this game's release has indicated that there is no single-console multiplayer option and that the local multiplayer mentioned on Switch is in reference to the local wireless option. The game page on the Nintendo site also confirms this:

Share the experience with other Builders.
  • Play with up to 3 other players via local wireless* or online** on the Isle of Awakening

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
The weird thing about online is enemies appear in different places for every player - so I could be building something while my friend is being attacked by something I can't see
Preordered it and I know I'll love it, but damn, what a disappointment. I really want to play with my son, but was hoping co-op would be implemented a bit better than this.

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
I have a TON on my plate right now IRL-style... but I want to buy this day 1 to support the IP.

Absolutely loved the first game and can't wait to get into the second one!

Deband

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. Almost bought it from the eshop this morning, til I read about the performance. Glad I held off now we know it doesn't actually have what most ppl understand as local Co op. Nintendo need to coin a new name for multiple switch local Co op.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I'm with the other guy, I think it's a BS solution that makes the multiplayer basically still non existent, for me.
I want to get people into my own survival world to show them my world and enjoy it with someone for a few hours, that's what would make it interesting. That's what will make Animal Crossing interesting and that's what makes Minecraft interesting, for me.
A random empty island that's only there for building some random things together but nothing else you can do, is as uninteresting as it could be. But maybe it's just me, I'm a survival guy, I want to show and play in my own big world, never had interest in the creative world mode of Minecraft as example. But at least some people are happy with it as it seems. For me it's a gigantic disappointment.
There is still enemies and other things to do on the main island.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really want this game but can't pick between PS4 and Switch, the slowdown talk is giving me doubt. Seems like the perfect game to play while chilling in bed and stuff, is the performance significantly better on the PS4?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I apologize if this has been posted already, but here's a little video on some of the changes to this title from the first. I played the demo just the other day, and I really want it... but I know I shouldn't buy it right now.

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to play this game on the Switch but after playing the demo and seeing how bad the framerate can be, and now knowing it only gets worse in the late game, I'm in doubt about what to do.

pqvqs

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Really wanna play, loved the first one. But too much work, backlog way to big. Probably will wait a bunch of months before buying, problably wait for a price drop or two.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Also, any reviewer that gives this game less than an 8, well...I'll say bad things about them to myself. Ok not really...but still...don't do it 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.