• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Did Sony pay for exclusive advertising rights or something? The DQ twitter only mentions the PS4, the trailer at SE'a E3 only mentioned PS4, and the only commercials I've seen pop up have said PS4.

Anyway, I'm also struggling to find Switch reviews - Kotaku and GameXplain both said it was good with some performance issues later but nothing game breaking.
It is the other way around. Nintendo published the Switch version and is therefore in charge with its the promotion while Square handles the remaining version, so the PS4 one.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Never purchased a digital switch game before launch before. Will this be playable in the next hour in the UK? Suppose I could just wait the ten minutes and see, but maybe it could be at 1:00am?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game and fired up the demo.

Once the tutorial is over, it tells you nothing past that point will carry over into the full game. Ugh.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Does the carry over from DBQ1 need save data on PS4? I'm hoping it can just use trophy data.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Question is do I keep playing DB1 which I got on vita (for cheap) or move on to this which apparently has a lot of improvements. I haven't gotten past the first island and am not sure I like the idea of starting from scratch and losing recipes/blueprints. Am having fun with the gameplay as someone less inclined to like crafting/survival games.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
Question is do I keep playing DB1 which I got on vita (for cheap) or move on to this which apparently has a lot of improvements. I haven't gotten past the first island and am not sure I like the idea of starting from scratch and losing recipes/blueprints. Am having fun with the gameplay as someone less inclined to like crafting/survival games.
If purely just to build, then definitely go to 2. That said, I do still like the locations and scenarios in 1.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
the first one had framepacing issues similar to bloodborne which i cant stand, so unless thats fixed here im not excited :(

glasiche

Avenger
Feb 12, 2018
Decided to pick up for Switch. Tried the demo on both consoles and oh how I wish the Switch version was 60fps t_t

Into the idea of handheld for this title though

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Played the Switch demo. Fun game! I'm especially charmed by the writing.

Only performance issues I noticed was at the end when the world opens up en route to the boat. Here, the camera stuttered a bit when panning across vast vistas. I was still fully in control, though.

I immediately picked up a pair of vouchers and redeemed them on this and Fire Emblem. Good times!

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Played the Switch copy at my friends place today. It's kind of insane how fast the battery drains in portable mode, I don't think I have seen any other game drain it this fast. Would be lucky to get 2 hours.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Played the Switch copy at my friends place today. It's kind of insane how fast the battery drains in portable mode, I don't think I have seen any other game drain it this fast. Would be lucky to get 2 hours.

Biggest bummer for me. That demo drained my battery so quickly. I was playing the original today and it's nothing like that. I wish more switch reviews brought it up.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Played over 2 hours, battery drained from 100 to 18. That initial load time when you boot the game up is rough on Switch. I'm enjoying it though it does feel like it's a bit of a slower start and I'm not sure about the premise just yet, I've only just arrived on the first outer island. I think I'll end up loving this game though, just like the first. I've noticed some frame drops which would bother me in an action game but it hasn't been a problem for me so far.

Now I need sleep though. Looking forward to continuing it tomorrow.

I ended up skipping it because its for building things outside the main campaign on different islands. I didnt play that mode in the last builders and I know I wont be doing that here.
Ah, so no story or singleplayer stuff? That's an unfortunate pass from me, too. Thanks for the clarification!
Is that mode even in this game though? It seems that mode is merged with the main story mode. I also got notifications about my dlc before starting the main story as if I could use them at some point.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Weird question, but I'm on vacation and the only store near me that would conceivably have this tomorrow is a Walmart about 20 minutes away. Does anyone know if they typically have games in stock day one? I vaguely remember them not being super punctual with new releases.

I'm too excited about this, I can't wait until I get home.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I ended up skipping it because its for building things outside the main campaign on different islands. I didnt play that mode in the last builders and I know I wont be doing that here.

Huh? Don't you just unlock new islands you can go to, explore and learn recipes, like the other islands, but still go back to your main island and use the season pass recipes on your sp stuff? I think that's how they handle it.

The Switch season pass also has all the PS4 digital deluxe edition items.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I am so very excited to play in 15 minutes but very sad that there is not an OT!!!
Is this game seriously not getting one? This is like in my top 3 most anticipated of the year and apparently is great to boot. DQB2 deserves an OT lol!

Question: I bought Deluxe so is the season pass stuff available from the start tonight or being released on some kind of schedule?

Excite!!!

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question, but I'm on vacation and the only store near me that would conceivably have this tomorrow is a Walmart about 20 minutes away. Does anyone know if they typically have games in stock day one? I vaguely remember them not being super punctual with new releases.

I'm too excited about this, I can't wait until I get home.
I've had pretty good luck on launch with Walmart. Maybe call ahead to check as well. Should be good though.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Question: I bought Deluxe so is the season pass stuff available from the start tonight or being released on some kind of schedule?

Here:

The post-launch DLC adds new craftable content, new locations, and new customization options.

• Knickknack Pack (July 26, Free) – This free pack includes three recipes so players can celebrate with some Hotto flair.
  • Hotto Stuff Pack (July 26, $5.99) – This pack includes more than 40 recipes to design and decorate structures that look similar to The Hotto Steppe, as well as an additional island to gather the new materials.
  • Aquarium Pack (Aug. 2, $9.99) – Adds a fishing island and 40 different fish that can be caught and added to an aquarium.
  • Modernist Pack (Aug. 9, $9.99) – This pack includes more than 70 different recipes to construct modern-looking structures, as well as additional hairstyles and clothing.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Thinking about DQ Builders 2 or DQ 11? Any suggestions?

It's good to know that Builders 2 isn't just a Minecraft clone, but does have narrative quest direction.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
So I played the demo for 2 and enjoyed it; then I went back and played the demo for 1. I've spent like ten hours in that demo messing around building the town up into a big tower thing by smashing up a mountain and had an amazing time. The demo for 2 didn't grab me quite the same. Should I get the first one or skip to the second? Will 2 have the stuff I liked about the 1 demo and I just missed it? And is there like a compelling narrative I'll be missing out on if I don't play 1? (I'm gessing not but I oughta check)

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon failed me. Didn't arrive in the post this morning I have to wait until Monday to play it but it will more likely a week before I get a good session of the game in.

Status
Not open for further replies.