• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaede

Dec 27, 2017
The most important question: can you put a roof on your building this time? This is a deal breaker.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Beginning of this game is a pretty slow burn. Could be because I'm sick but I'm not feeling as hooked as I'd expect - when does the game start feeling less like a tutorial?

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
So I played the demo for 2 and enjoyed it; then I went back and played the demo for 1. I've spent like ten hours in that demo messing around building the town up into a big tower thing by smashing up a mountain and had an amazing time. The demo for 2 didn't grab me quite the same. Should I get the first one or skip to the second? Will 2 have the stuff I liked about the 1 demo and I just missed it? And is there like a compelling narrative I'll be missing out on if I don't play 1? (I'm gessing not but I oughta check)
The demo for 2 (and subsequently the tutorial part) isn't as great as those of 1. But like I said earlier in the thread, just for the sheer amount of options, 2 eclipses 1. Can't comment about the narrative since I've been keeping myself spoiler free for that.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I was really blown away by how sharp this looks on Switch. I'll definitely get this once the price is right. My only gripe is that we can't lock the frame rate 😬

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I feel I should've read better about the co-op, I forgot it was limited to the nameless island you start with...meaning if you want to actually have fun building shit in co-op you'll need to bother going through the story to try and unlock most recipes.

It's my fault but I feel a slight regret now.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Like I said already, I'm so in love with this game, it's everything I've ever wanted as a huge survival/building/harvest moon fan. This game is so ridiculously charming and surprises you again and again and again and every time you sit there, commenting "what, the CPU can do that?" "They do this on their own?" "I've get a dog??" "This is possible?". I'm having such a blast I can't believe this.
This needs an OT so badly.

Apenheul

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm going to pick it up today. It's funny that I've been playing Dragon Quest games for the longest time but I always felt like some sort of a tourist because the world-building felt like somewhat of a theme park setting. It was actually Dragon Quest Builders 1 that made me feel immersed and part of the world for the first time and I'm looking forward to how this changes my experience with DQXI.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
How much gameplay time should I expect to get out of this game? Does the game end after the story mode or can I play like I would play minecraft, endlessly?

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
Will this (or DQB1) ever come to PC? I tend to play this kind of game (Forager, Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Terraria...) on PC and I would love to have this on it...

Oct 28, 2017
i can throw a quick one together i guess if no one wants to make it, any suggestions for the subtitle?
Something with a clever or... not so clever... pun would be ideal in true Dragon Quest style, but my brain is fried right now. Maybe play with the Two/Too/To thing? Or something focused on the Malroth character, a lot of people seem very attached to our homicidal boy. Or the setting, which as far as I know is an island chain? Archipelago and Atoll are words that spring to mind there.

Status
Not open for further replies.