• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you going to see Bad Boys for Life?

• Yes on opening weekend

Votes: 30 15.9%
  • Yes, someone during its run

Votes: 30 15.9%
  • Maybe when it comes on video/on demand

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Nope, don't care about the series anymore/been too long

Votes: 69 36.5%

• Total voters

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
So, Bad Boys for Life comes out on Thursday, anyone excited/going to see it?

I have fond memories of the other 2 and I hope Martin and Will can capture the magic which made 1 so special.

MV5BMmM3MWEyOTQtNDUzOS00NWIyLTgzZTItZWU3OWQ4NjNlNmQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjIzNzM4NzA@._V1_SX675_CR0,0,675,999_AL_.jpg

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not really. I hope I'm wrong but for the most part these kinds of super late sequels are almost always terrible.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeh I'm excited, but I'm worried there won't be the perfect balance of action / comedy like the first two.

Also they have to stop doing sequels 10+ years from each other.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
First two films are alright but not gonna be in any real hurry to see this unless I hear great things.

Still can't get my head around using "for" in the title of the third film.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
First two are odd movies that don't even feel like they're in the same "series"
Wonder which one this will be more like.
I'll def watch at some point, but unless I sign up for regal unlimited soon, I'm not doing a theater trip for it

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I have no confidence in the quality of the movie. Honestly, I didn't love the first two.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Is it Michael Bay? 6 Underground, while entertaining, was the most Michael Bay I want in a 12 month period.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
one more Bad Boys wouldn't hurt. despite chubby martin lawrence i don't get a "we're too old for this shit but we'll cash the check anyway" vibe

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Oh. Yeah. I literally grew up on these brothas. Between Martin and Fresh Prince I was blessed.
Got youngins saying "damn Gina" and not even knowing where it comes from. Show some damn respect lol!

One last ride!

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like the original well enough when it came out but I can't say it's a film I've thought much about since. I didn't see the sequel (or maybe I did but I don't remember it). I've also got a vague notion that I don't like Will Smith now for some reason. Is he a Scientologist?

All in all, not arsed. Might watch when it's streaming and I'm incredibly bored and it gets good reviews.

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
I love the first one, 2nd is good too but I haven't seen it near as many times as the original. The trailers look....off to me for some reason. Maybe because its been too long or because it isn't done by Michael Bay.

Also the fact it comes out in Jan has me worried it just got dumped there due to its poor quality. I'll check it out eventually but probably not in theaters.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Is there anything else interesting coming out this month? I'll probably watch it this weekend

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Bad Boys is one of my favourite movies. Seeing it tomorrow arvo with my brother.

Positive reviews are a nice surprise as I expected it to stink tbh lol

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The two directors are fellow Belgians and made some good movies before, so that's the only reason I'm somewhat interested.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Depends, if someone can recreate the trailer with the original bad boys song and not a puff daddy track I maybe more into it. Right now the song is ruining the trailer for me

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I wouldn't say excited, but it's been a long time since I've seen a big spectacle action movie in a theater that wasn't related to a comic book so there is a part of me that's wants to scratch that itch.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Not excited, but I'll probably give it a watch. The trailer was pretty naff, made the film look really cheap, and just wasn't very well put together. Hearing impressions on Twitter say it's "great" sounds a bit like typical "I saw this early!" hype, but you never know.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
YES and NO.

I watched the first 2 back in the day. I enjoyed them very much back in the day, when I was a kid. Mainly because of the chemistry between Martin and Will. I really liked Will back in the day. Today ? Not so much. Maybe one day he'll surprise me and actually turn it around and star in some great movies. Can't believe someone of his caliber has had only 1 film over 90% on RT. And that was over 2 decades ago. It's funny, when I saw some of his emotional scenes in Fresh Prince (the one where his dad visited him) I said to myself...wow he's going places. What an actor. I'm still pissed at him for declining Tarantino. You'd think after a while and having so much money, you would be more inclined to show off your acting chops and be in more great films. Guess not.

Now the film is coming out in 2 days, yet there isn't a single review on RT. That's quite telling isn't it ? Is it so bad they're trying to hold it till the last day ?
I was never expecting great reviews but I mean 50-60% on RT would have been enough for me to watch it. But my gut feeling is telling me it's going to be around 20%. And as much as I hate Michael Bay, I'd take a 20% reviewed Bay film (especially Bad Boys) over any other 20% reviewed film. Dude is bad, but I enjoyed his bad boys films despite knowing how bad they are.

Dec 23, 2017
Already got tickets to see it with the wife on Friday. I don't have high hopes. Just hoping it doesn't suck as I hope and this should be the last one.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Saw a trailer in the theater, looked terrible. Guess I shouldn't be surprised it became Bad Boys turn to get a sequel/reboot. Maybe the next one they can do with walking canes.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
To date, I've never watched a single Bad Boys film. I feel like Nicolas Angel.

60c88481-5d8f-43d2-8fee-290fa617168d_text_hi.gif

The first two are on Netflix, so maybe I'll give them a watch before the weekend.