• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Could be RSV. My youngest tested positive for it last week along with the rest of her class and had to stay home for 6 days.

It's been 10 days and she's still coughing.
Yes it's probably RSV, I know I had it after my kids because they had lab work done and it was horrible on the lungs.

I actually just spent the last week sick with what I would say was identical to that so I'd say it's RSV again.

I had to start antibiotics and steroids Friday because the Dr thinks I was developing pneumonia, sucks.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Yup. I've had an annoying cold for over 2 weeks now. I can usually avoid or kick a sickness super fast but I can't shake this.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It hit my wife first then me about a week later but followed the exact same course. Spent around a week with slightly harsher than normal cold symptoms, begun to feel better then out of nowhere knocked on our ass with high fever and intense body aches that lasted for a few days and gradually started wearing off. The fever hit me 2 fridays ago and I'm just now starting to feel normal again.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
My boys are in school and have been sick off and on for the past 2-3 months. I got hit on the first one, but have been fine since. They're currently sick again, coughing and sneezing in my face and it's like my body isn't even phased. ¬‿¬

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yes, my immediate family keeps ping ponging it after my son got it first I think from school. It's been rough cause as you say OP it will not go away

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Had basically the worst flu of my life 2wks ago. Tested myself for covid 3 times, negative. Still light coughing with a slight throat irritation.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I had a really bad cold about a month ago that lasted 2 weeks and then afterwards had an awful ear infection for another week after that. It's definitely been making the rounds for the past couple months.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It hit my house, my mom and brother have had a lingering cough for over 2 weeks now. PCR Covid tests came back negative.

I've avoided it for now. Haven't been sick outside of Covid since the pandemic began.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I had a pretty annoying cold a few weeks ago. Tested negative for COVID then, but who knows. It wasn't the worst cold I've ever had, but I was out of it for a weekend. I think it was rough mostly because I haven't had anything for over a year or two. It reminded me of when I stopped doing work that had me in mental health wards twice a week. When I was working that job I was catching colds constantly from either the doctors, nurses, or patients. When I changed jobs and didn't have to go there anymore, I didn't catch a cold or anything for over two years. However, that first cold after such a long time absolutely kicked my ass for about a week straight. It does seem like there is something going around, but I just can't tell if its a bad version of the cold or if we've collectively just not been sick for awhile.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Wow, perfect timing for this thread. Some of my family have cold symptoms right now. Had a scratchy throat for a few days, now phlegm and coughing. Started after we had had a family BBQ for mother's day. Not everyone is feeling sick though.
Same here, had really bad plegm/coughing and sporadic sore throat since yesterday.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I was in this boat. Three weeks ago I got hit hard, tested negative for COVID, so it was nothing but phlegm, massive head and sinus congestion and a sore throat that flared in the mornings and night.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My brother is going through this right now. Tested negative but is being put through the wringer. Hoping that shit doesn't hit me. X.x

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I was sick for a full two weeks back at the start of March. Really bad "everything hurts, can't get up off the couch" sort of sick, plus an aggressive cough. Took multiple Covid tests throughout, all negative.

My immune system has always been pretty garbage, but this one was extra bad.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
My wife and I were both sick the last week or so but tested negative

It hit my sinuses pretty hard

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
There's definitely a hardcore flu/cold going around in Canada. I know of a couple people that were wiped out for a week from it.