• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I won't lie here. Even with isolating myself to home and taking preventative measures for the last week or so, my anxiety and paranoia has gone up ten times fold.

I'm aware that for a 25 year old like me won't die from the virus, but that's not

I've been reading too much posts on social media and news to the point it makes me fear that we will reach a total societal collapse with Coronavirus.

So yeah, it feels great knowing that a pandemic is likely to cause society to collapse forever. And all I can do is watch /s

How about you, lads?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Referring to everyone on this forum as lads makes me want to collapse part of society, tbh.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Nah, there will be a lot of lost lives and the economic impact will be massive, but I don't think we're going to enter a post-apocalypse with food shortages and burning cars everywhere.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I had to talk my girlfriend over the anxiety ledge last night too.

Reading the news as an anxious person right now is not a good idea. There's a middle ground where reality is between "It's just a flu" to "It's a collapse of society".

You may want to go to your doctor for anxiety medication if you still can't get your brain over the fear/dread. Or try to figure out some mindfulness techniques.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
We didn't when the Spanish Flu killed 50 million people 100 years ago. It won't happen now either.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
That seems unlikely. Look at China, the number of cases there has been dropping each day. They seem to be coming out of the worst of it and society there is stable.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
It's natural to feel anxious over this, but the world is not going to end. It will definitely be in a weird place in the coming months, but this is not going to be apocalyptic or anything.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
No and we don't need a thread like this

Status
Not open for further replies.