• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
So I was about to buy a game from the best buy website when all of a sudden my discount wasn't applying. It hasn't been a year since I got my 2 year subscription. On the line with them, when I try to explain my situation all I get "You can no longer buy GCU" or "I'm going to have to transfer you to a different department" and random hang ups while waiting in line.

Did something happened? I know you can no longer buy GCU, but are they cancelling subs? I bought 7 games, and two of those were copies of MHW.

Has this happened to anyone else?

gnilres

Oct 28, 2017
I think they've been canceling for people who bought more than 3 copies of a game on the same platform. 2 should be fine. Hmmm. Try a web chat, I've had luck with them

OP
OP
Mozendo

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
Did you bought more than 3 copies of the same game in a single year?
Nope. The most is Monster Hunter World with 2 copies.

I think they've been canceling for people who bought more than 3 copies of a game on the same platform. 2 should be fine. Hmmm. Try a web chat, I've had luck with them
Can I get a link, when I searched live chat it was only for Geek Squad related services such as computer repairs and installation etc

The discount only shows up in your cart now and no longer on the game page. Do you not see it in your cart either?
Nope :|

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
They cancelled mine back in May! I haven't been in Best Buy since, aside from a price error on Link Between Worlds ($3) earlier this week.

Oct 25, 2017
It should apply it at checkout. It no longer shows on the product page. Check your Bestbuy account page to see if it still shows your GCU membership.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Yup this was the rule from the inception of GCU. 3 copies per platform per year, I've shared my account with my brother and friend for years and we've always kept it to 3 copies of a game we were all interested in. You go over the limit and you get kicked off GCU.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-bes...qs/pcmcat341800050017.c?id=pcmcat341800050017

• 20% discount off new physical Video Games, including pre-orders (excludes Pre-owned Video Games and Digital Gaming). Benefit does not combine with promotions advertised in Best Buy's Thanksgiving Day physical ad or expanded digital ad. Limit 3 copies of each title per platform per year per member. Valid on in-stock items only. For in- store pre-orders, the discount is applied when you pick up and purchase your pre-order; for BestBuy.com pre-orders, the discount is applied when you check out. No rainchecks. No dealers. For complete details of this benefit, see My Best Buy Gamers Club and Gamers Club Unlocked FAQs.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought SF 30th Anniversary for Switch a few days ago, so no issues here. And yeah, just make sure you double check your cart first since discounts won't show up until you look there.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Was able to preorder Spider-Man and Red Dead 2 with the discount last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.