• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, border patrol was on horseback. Illegals still were crossing which was the point. It doesn't matter they didn't have a horse.
Famousmortimer used the example of 50 feet so that's why I used 50 in the example.

Do you think it would be easier for illegals to cross with or without a 30 foot tall border wall? I'm not saying it's going to cure us of illegal immigration, but it's a tool we can use to help reduce the flow of illegals into the country.
Did you know the number of illegal immigrants in the US from Mexico has dropped by over 1 million since 2007? There is actually a net flow of illegal Mexican immigrants out of the country.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
I have two questions to the OP or other Trump voters here:

1) Do you hate me (I'm Middle Eastern).
2) If the answer is no, why are you voting for someone that thinks I'm subhuman?

So if you don't hate me for my race and/or ethnicity, you certainly don't mind voting for a person that does.

I'm not even American and my country was already affected by him becoming President.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I voted Hilary, was gut punched when she lost because I knew we were in for a bumpy ride. And it has far far exceeded my expectations.. This administration is a disaster and I'm surprised the economy is still motoring along with such inept leadership.. I think a crash is coming though.. probably early next year unless they start a war with NK.

Usagi

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg8-_4ZfLpY

If you're not convinced of the need for a wall after this I don't think you will ever be. Illegals cross our border during this MSNBC segment on horseback. The current existing wall is like 5 feet tall - seeing that wall makes me embarrassed to be an American and I love this country. The point of the wall is simply to curb illegal immigration. A wall makes it more difficult to cross which discourages people from making the attempt to cross. If everyone who crosses the border needs to carry a 51 foot tall ladder I am willing to bet a lot less people will make the journey. It's not like there will just be 51 foot ladders conventionality hanging around for them to use at the wall. And if there are, border patrol will be sure to remove them. I am in favor and want to see trump BUILD THE WALL
It's not like airplanes can fly over or people can make tunnels but hah ladders and ropes ain't got nothing on them!

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, border patrol was on horseback. Illegals still were crossing which was the point. It doesn't matter they didn't have a horse.
Famousmortimer used the example of 50 feet so that's why I used 50 in the example.

Do you think it would be easier for illegals to cross with or without a 30 foot tall border wall? I'm not saying it's going to cure us of illegal immigration, but it's a tool we can use to help reduce the flow of illegals into the country.

But why are we trying to 'cure' illegal immigration? Most of these folks are hard workers, working back-breaking jobs that average Americans don't want. These aren't drug smugglers and murderers. The majority just want the opportunities they didn't have in their own country.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/us/trump-illegal-immigrants-crime.html

Methuselah

On Extended Hiatus
Oct 24, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Its weird seeing alt-right/republicans regurgitate Murdoch propaganda. He does the same in the UK and other countries.

That's one guy I'll be happy to see dead; he cant last much longer can he.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
To be clear, the post is in reference to calling every person who voted for Trump "dumb and racist". We don't want that here because it's not constructive to a sensitive discussion such as this one.

If they voted for Trump, they might not be racist, but if they're not, then they don't mind his racism, I hope that's not controversial to say as well.

BraiM

Oct 27, 2017
Did you know the number of illegal immigrants in the US from Mexico has dropped by over 1 million since 2007? There is actually a net flow of illegal Mexican immigrants out of the country.
Wait, are you saying that there is less undocumented immigrants from Mexican than there was 10 years ago? That's news to me. I didn't realize it got that bad.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think people feel strongly about the subject and that's what makes for good discussion. It's okay to feel strongly, or even get heated about the subject in my opinion.
I have less problem with people who voted/didn't vote in 2016 than with people who continue to support him. He has denigrated our democracy, our soldiers, our press and everything not named trump while showing the leadership abilities of a schoolyard bully and the temperament of a child not getting his toy. To say nothing of his numerous controversies and of course, possibly committing treason.

The inherent problem with this discussion from my viewpoint is I have yet to hear a reasoned or sane argument FOR Trump, let alone his abilities as a leader or why you still support him. Do I think you evil or immoral for voting for him in the first place? No. Supporting him currently, almost a year into a Presidency of failed promises, legal troubles and racist, Nazi supporting rhetoric.

I have a tougher time believing a support sincere, or moral.

cephei

Oct 25, 2017
New York
If they voted for Trump, they might not be racist, but if they're not, then they don't mind his racism, I hope that's not controversial to say as well.
That would still be considered "painting broad strokes against those who voted for Donald Trump" which is what someone was warned for. I know some Trump voters who were constantly annoyed and disgusted with the way Trump was acting during the primaries.

BraiM

Oct 27, 2017
I have less problem with people who voted/didn't vote in 2016 than with people who continue to support him. He has denigrated our democracy, our soldiers, our press and everything not named trump while showing the leadership abilities of a schoolyard bully and the temperament of a child not getting his toy. To say nothing of his numerous controversies and of course, possibly committing treason.

The inherent problem with this discussion from my viewpoint is I have yet to hear a reasoned or sane argument FOR Trump, let alone his abilities as a leader or why you still support him. Do I think you evil or immoral for voting for him in the first place? No. Supporting him currently, almost a year into a Presidency of failed promises, legal troubles and racist, Nazi supporting rhetoric.

I have a tougher time believing a support sincere, or moral.
Agreed. The only reason for voting Trump is the second amendment rights; If the 'other' side would leave that alone, I would immediately, unabashedly, unconditional, vote democrat for the rest of my life and be happy for the privilege of having a party represent me... But I can't, because guns were taken from my people once, and my family has taught me never to let it happen again. That's really all there is to it. Of course, I keep saying this, but no one is willing to listen :(

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope constructive conversation can continue without me. I didn't really intend the thread to be about me specifically.

I was hoping that things would be more about the general politics than arguing with the poster. I am not from the US, so this thing is pretty interesting to watch. It is often pointless because things go overboard so quickly. I know that Americans are passionate people, but that makes reading anything remotely controversial (this paritcular topic is REALLY controversial, I know) so hard. I know that most of the people are just used to aggressive arguments and whatnot, but for me it is so hard to read.

He said it is because of money, and it is easy to believe. The whole culture in the USA is born around individualism and help yourself attitude. "The self-made man", "American Dream" and all stem from that. That is the reason people watch only for their own (or immediate circle's) good, not the greater one. And here comes the paradox of USAsian Christianity: Christianity is known for being all about loving thy neighbour and helping those in need, but when your whole culture is based on individuality and your own good, it is just impossible.

I honestly don't think that you can turn US into a welfarce society. You are too stuck in your ways, your country has given it's soul to corporations. Insurance companies are the worst, ISPs are almost as bad (and some people defend them and say that they have all the right to abuse their customers!).

US needs a collapse. Or some states will go independent. Things cannot continue this way.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
That would still be considered "painting broad strokes against those who voted for Donald Trump" which is what someone was warned for. I know some Trump voters who were constantly annoyed and disgusted with the way Trump was acting during the primaries.

But that's a fact, I didn't call them racist, Trump being racist is an observed fact, so if they're not racist, then they didn't mind him being racist.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User was warned for hostile stereotyping
How more disingenuous can you get when you answer cherrypicked softball questions with unsupported statements, fail to answer the vast majority of questions (particularly those that are more important and substantive), and fail to provide a single shred of evidence even when being asked for it over and over?

Therein lies the problem with those who still support Trump. They are either racists, bigoted, etc., or really stupid who have fallen victim to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories (such as Khan wanting Sharia to subvert the constitution) or outright lying trolls (maybe OP should show his work about how he has to pay $1000/month for the ACA).

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
Certainly not. At least, it's not a large enough problem for them if it is indeed an issue.

Don't worry, I won't directly quote posters and tell them they're racist (unless they post something racist here).

But I won't pretend that voting for Trump means you're not either A) Racist, or B) Don't care that he's racist.

getthat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no need to make a rude and condescending remark like this.
I have two questions to the OP or other Trump voters here:

1) Do you hate me (I'm Middle Eastern).
2) If the answer is no, why are you voting for someone that thinks I'm subhuman?

So if you don't hate me for my race and/or ethnicity, you certainly don't mind voting for a person that does.

I'm not even American and my country was already affected by him becoming President.
lol, so let me get this straight:
People in an entirely different country vote for what they think is in their best interests and all you can think is, "WHAT ABOUT MEEE? I DON'T LIKE HIM THO! DON'T VOTE LIKE THAT THINK ABOUT MEEE"
Little self-obsessed, isn't it?

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are you saying that there is less undocumented immigrants from Mexican than there was 10 years ago? That's news to me. I didn't realize it got that bad.
Yes, the number of Mexicans living in the US illegally has dropped by about 1.3 million since its peak in 2007. Total illegal immigrants in the US has also dropped by about a million people in that time.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/27/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
People in an entirely different country vote for what they think is in their best interests and all you can think is, "WHAT ABOUT MEEE? I DON'T LIKE HIM THO! DON'T VOTE LIKE THAT THINK ABOUT MEEE"

Yes, I'd rather not see people in our country get killed because Trump thinks it's fine.

To be fair, they were getting killed under Obama's Presidency too, but at least Obama froze SOME arms sales, Trump went all in.

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Agreed. The only reason for voting Trump is the second amendment rights; If the 'other' side would leave that alone, I would immediately, unabashedly, unconditional, vote democrat for the rest of my life and be happy for the privilege of having a party represent me... But I can't, because guns were taken from my people once, and my family has taught me never to let it happen again. That's really all there is to it. Of course, I keep saying this, but no one is willing to listen :(
Maybe they don't feel comfortable with blood on their hands.
Are you for real?

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
How selfish of other people to not want to be murdered by a racist madman with his finger on the nuke button.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doing what you perceive as the wrong thing for the environment, or even being ignorant, is not evil. You may say it's ignorant but it is not evil.

It's like saying I was evil because I didn't recycle.

It is when you know your actions are going to have bad consequences for the human race; and the only reason you do it is for lining your own pockets.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
If it's any consolation, I'm pretty confident that Trump will be a one-term prez.

But...I mean...I was also confident that Hillary would win, sooooo

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well not really. Consider the travel ban, the constant dog whistles towards the Middle East and folks in America of middle eastern decent and I think that is what they were going for.

Don't try to ridicule him for having a heart about how he's perceived by the leader of America who speaks those words to the people of that country. That's unfair and a bit rude.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What an absurd reply. We're talking about something that cannot be changed, like the color of someone's skin or ethnicity. You're basically saying bigotry is fine.

According to your logic, it would be fine and dandy to vote for someone who has made his hatred of any minority group explicitly known.

getthat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How selfish of other people to not want to be murdered by a racist madman with his finger on the nuke button.
That's every president ever. People are getting upset over this one because kids are growing up with smartphones and Huffington Post advertises on Facebook. You have an entire generation of people that think they're cutting edge political pundits, when theyr'e just avid blog readers who get sucked into mass-hysteria.

BraiM

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they don't feel comfortable with blood on their hands.
If you let such a loose affliction shift the onus, everyone partaking in society has some blood on their hands. I drive. I condone driving. I pay taxes so that roads may be build for people to drive on. And, as a result, tens of thousands of Americans die each year. All of them innocent, many of them children. But I do not think there is any blood on our hands for that one, or through not voting away rights.

If you don't understand why I'm so against further gun control, just look to permits. Any that have condition issues have been, without fail, to discriminate against black men. Every time. I live in California, and if I wanted a gun permit, a white person would have a greater chance of being granted one due to his race. Even though I'm the group that's most likely to be attacked. And any further restrictions would only worsen this disparity, you know? It's clear, blatant discrimination against us and giving more power to that to avoid bloodshed just seems like a cop out. You cannot trust people with it, or they will immediately use it to disarm black Americans. They've done it before. They've done it again. That's my only request. Please understand why this is important to me.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's every president ever. People are getting upset over this one because kids are growing up with smartphones and Huffington Post advertises on Facebook. You have an entire generation of people that think they're cutting edge political pundits, when theyr'e just avid blog readers who get sucked into mass-hysteria.
When did Obama, Clinton, or even Bush claim that Islam is the enemy? Or try to pursue travel bans explicitly targeting people of a particular religion?

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
Well not really. Consider the travel ban, the constant dog whistles towards the Middle East and folks in America of middle eastern decent and I think that is what they were going for.

Don't try to ridicule him for having a heart about how he's perceived by the leader of America who speaks those words to the people of that country. That's unfair and a bit rude.

NeoGAF was one of the few (online) places that I openly talked about my ethnicity because there were a lot of people there that were against racism, and I hope this continues here, especially with how racist the online gaming communities tend to be.

mongomondo

Oct 27, 2017

I think it's great that people feel conflicted about making a questionable decision, but at the end of the day I prefer to judge people by their actions and not how they feel. Feeling disgusted about his actions doesn't mean squat.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
As opposed to your very original persona of Mr. Cynical Internet Skeptic Who Just Happens to Always Defend the Status Quo.

cephei

Oct 25, 2017
New York
And in the end they voted for him, so...?
Simply because they, for personal reasons, were more intolerant of Clinton's actions. This is actually a very common thing. We all know that both candidates had a lot of problems and many people were reluctant about voting. But I can understand that the way Trump spoke about certain groups is inexcusable and unforgivable. My main point is that assuming things about a very large group of people (Trump voters) is counterproductive as we can see by the reactions to the way the media portrayed the Trump campaign.

BraiM

Oct 27, 2017
When did Obama, Clinton, or even Bush claim that Islam is the enemy? Or try to pursue travel bans explicitly targeting people of a particular religion?
Well, I wouldn't say Obama explititly targeted people of a particular religion, but I did read that the countries Trump banned had already been pre-determined by the previous Obama administration for making travel more difficult.

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you let such a loose affliction shift the onus, everyone partaking in society has some blood on their hands. I drive. I condone driving. I pay taxes so that roads may be build for people to drive on. And, as a result, tens of thousands of Americans die each year. All of them innocent, many of them children. But I do not think there is any blood on our hands for that one, or through not voting away rights.

If you don't understand why I'm so against further gun control, just look to permits. Any that have condition issues have been, without fail, to discriminate against black men. Every time. I live in California, and if I wanted a gun permit, a white person would have a greater chance of being granted one due to his race. Even though I'm the group that's most likely to be attacked. And any further restrictions would only worsen this disparity, you know? It's clear, blatant discrimination against us and giving more power to that to avoid bloodshed just seems like a cop out. You cannot trust people with it, or they will immediately use it to disarm black Americans. They've done it before. They've done it again. That's my only request. Please understand why this is important to me.
It's disingenuous to suggest guns are equal to cars. One it's a weapon designed to kill, the other is necessary way of transport. This is not a loose affiliation, tens of thousands of people die from a preventable thing. Racist applications of gun control suck, but maybe let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

ultraBOOST

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll counter your video with another.

- No one's calling for a continuous wall of 2000 miles thru mountains, rivers, etc. We put the wall where it strategically makes the most sense.
- I'm willing to spend $15 billion on the wall. I believe border security is national security. Our budget is over $4 trillion.
- I agree visa overstays are a huge problem and need to be stopped. We can do both at the same time.
- Circular flow argument doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the wall seeks to prevent new illegals from entering the country and isn't intended to address the ones currently here. The law calls for illegals currently residing in the US to be deported.
- It's not just about Mexicans. People from all over look to cross. The US is a great country. Everyone wants in.
"Homeland Security: Central Americans Outnumber Mexicans Seized at U.S. Border" https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/central-americans-outnumber-mexicans-seized-u-s-border-n667636
-"We have the most militarized border of any two nations at peace." I have no idea what he means by this.
- I agree there's a shit ton of illegals already here. I support the wall because I want to prevent that number from increasing.

BraiM

Oct 27, 2017
It's disingenuous to suggest guns are equal to cars. One it's a weapon designed to kill, the other is necessary way of transport. This is not a loose affiliation, tens of thousands of people die from a preventable thing. Racist applications of gun control suck, but maybe let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.
It's not disingenuous whatsoever. If you want to continue having a conversation, you will avoid telling me that my beliefs, that I've reached after many years of soul searching and research, are insincere.

Thank you for linking that, if you'll look over it you'll find it confirms what I said.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, clearly there is an issue here. I get that people want this right that is written in the Constitution but there has to be a point where you say enough is enough, right? Sandy Hook I thought would be that but apparently not.

getthat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, please. America has been meddling overseas for as long as you've been alive. You're just now getting interested in these circus politics because goofy talk show hosts are shucking and jiving on your 4k smart TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.